Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent?

i have a stock 94 cx with only a pioneer tape player. planning on swapping engine soon. will putting 15" spinner hub caps and emblems on the back repel thieves from thinking it has something worth stealing?

it is 99% stock except for the pioneer tape player which came with the car when i bought it.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (KockAsian)

Tape... player? You're still livin in the 80s dreaming of the 70s, aren't ya?
Old 12-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (2000EM1)

what is the piont of this thread
Old 12-15-2004, 07:56 PM

i have a portable mp3 player to connect to the tape player. cd players are just thief magnets
Old 12-15-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If a theif wants to steel a car they are gonna steel it regarless of what it looks like.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=KockAsian]i have a stock 94 cx with only a pioneer tape player. planning on swapping engine soon. will putting 15" spinner hub caps and emblems on the back repel thieves from thinking it has something worth stealing? QUOTE]

I think someone is more likely to steal the spinners, then they will come back and steal the car.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (saywhat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IC33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the piont of this thread </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If a theif wants to steel a car they are gonna steel it regarless of what it looks like. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Your just going to drive around looking like a moron
Old 12-15-2004, 08:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KockAsian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a portable mp3 player to connect to the tape player. cd players are just thief magnets </TD></TR></TABLE>

OMG, if you are that worried about your car getting stolen, sell your car and go buy a rusted geo metro with 8 different colors on it and a 8 track player. Bloody hell. Or just invest in a nice security system and call it a day. ******* hell. I really doubt anyone would want to steal your car anyway. I know nobody wants to steal my car, they have the 99-00 Si if they want my body style.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:03 PM

civics get stolen all the time. best theft repellent, a good alarm system
Old 12-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (snoochtodanooch)

actually a glock works best!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (Red93AWD)

i think its wack that theives are gonna limit you from building your car the way you want it!....just be smart about it, like instaling a good alarm with latch pins, acouple cut off switches and **** like that...the longer the obsticle for a thief to get into youre car the better! just be on youre toes and ready to hit hard like a spiked fucken bat like !!!BLAW!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (DOHC4life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OMG, if you are that worried about your car getting stolen, sell your car and go buy a rusted geo metro with 8 different colors on it and a 8 track player. Bloody hell. Or just invest in a nice security system and call it a day. ******* hell. I really doubt anyone would want to steal your car anyway. I know nobody wants to steal my car, they have the 99-00 Si if they want my body style.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good thing though, for 2004 Civics dropped off the top ten most cars stolen list... they're starting to go after different SUVs now.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (JDMisGOOD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMisGOOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually a glock works best!</TD></TR></TABLE>
how do you figure? 99.999% of the time a thief is never seen or heard. so you and your glock arent protecting ****. no offense to you but i dont like it when people have a genuine security concern and people say "just get a gun!"

the idea of ricing your car to protect it is a bad one, you need to make your car as inconspicious as possible. anything that draws attnetion to it is a bad idea.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (snoochtodanooch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snoochtodanooch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">civics get stolen all the time. best theft repellent, a good alarm system </TD></TR></TABLE>

no

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMisGOOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually a glock works best!</TD></TR></TABLE>

and no...
not unless you want to end up somebodys bitch in prison for poppin that glock after they draw on you.

THE best theft deterrant is a properly trained dog( Pit,Rotty,Dobe,etc.) then have the alarm/gps tracking/detachable wheel for backup

But then again nobody has the "bond" package w/ gps, and all that, or who wants to walk around with their ******* steering wheel like FlavaFlave and his clocks!

So buy a dog

edit:not those gay *** emblems n spinna'z KiD!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just keep it stock sleeper style.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (VTiVTo8000rpm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTiVTo8000rpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no

and no...
not unless you want to end up somebodys bitch in prison for poppin that glock after they draw on you.

THE best theft deterrant is a properly trained dog( Pit,Rotty,Dobe,etc.) then have the alarm/gps tracking/detachable wheel for backup

But then again nobody has the "bond" package w/ gps, and all that, or who wants to walk around with their ******* steering wheel like FlavaFlave and his clocks!

So buy a dog

edit:not those gay *** emblems n spinna'z KiD!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you kidding me dude, you are advocating a dog over a security system. get outa here with that bullshit.

get a multilayerd security system and you will be Disco
Old 12-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saywhat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=KockAsian]

I think someone is more likely to steal the spinners, then they will come back and steal the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahah, steal the spinners, are you kidding me?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont forget "ricers" steal too....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (cxSHOE)

what is the world coming to when you have to resort to rocking fake spinners not to get you car stolen?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (VTiVTo8000rpm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTiVTo8000rpm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no

and no...

So buy a dog

edit:not those gay *** emblems n spinna'z KiD!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep that dog is gonna protect your car at the mall or work!

Old 12-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent? (Kamin)

the best theft repellant is keeping it in a locked garage. unfortunately many people don't have this commodity. but it's worth saving up money for a house/condo of your own so you can have this.

the downside to this theft repellant is that it's obviously not portable.
well as far as the best portable theft repellant- that's all just hearsay.

we can all do everything we can to protect our cars against bitch-*** theives, but in the end no matter what we do, there's allllways some way around it.

btw: purposely ricing (or given the specifics you've provided: ultra-ricing) your car will only draw attention to it. i agree with whoever in this thread said to make your car as inconspicuous as possible. that's good advice. it's just really hard to do, and even if you do the best job of this, it's still not 100% safe. if your car runs, or if simply the shell is usable, those damned sons of bitches may try to take it just for that.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:17 PM

im assuming that those are fake spinners and damn that would look so ricey and gettoo looking. i Thought the whole poitn of your car is too look good in it and not look like a wanna be pimp my ride gone wrong
Old 12-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

omg ur gonna be like the laughin clow of ur city **** i kno that'll be a good laugh 4 the day
Old 12-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slammed92hbonN20)

thats funny i actually wanted to buy some spinner hub caps and roll around for a day after i get my swap and turbo install all finished.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lone)

Park it in the garage. If you have to park outside, make sure its well lit so you can see it or be seen by other people. Put a very loud alarm on it.

I got Lo-jack, full coverage insurance, and GAP insurance on my car when i bought it for this very reason. Sure, expensive at the time but i dont worry too much. Plus i always park my car in the garage and at work in front where i can see it.

Quick Reply: Riced Stock Civic = Thief Repellent?