Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA..........

delete...

Modified by meandino at 5:16 PM 3/3/2008
Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (meandino)

looks like a dc/eg harness and its obd1 so its not gonna be 96-00 and ek's dont have that many plugs at the firewall
Old 02-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (chingpo05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chingpo05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like a dc/eg harness </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what my thinking is to.

But then bustah49 wrote this in my for sale thread...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bustah49 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your harness is for the integra xsi..which is obd1..but it has a firewall mounted map sensor,so there will be no plug on your harness for that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats bustah49 talking about with the map sensor?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (meandino)

Someone help me out here....... bump........
Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wont the EG6 and the DC harness be the same regardless? It definatly OBD1 and is a two piece harness.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (lluks_844)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lluks_844 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wont the EG6 and the DC harness be the same regardless? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would think so...

Also, is the EK9 harness the same??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lluks_844 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It definatly a two piece harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean?

Modified by meandino at 4:03 PM 2/21/2008
Old 02-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In a ek the harness goes through the firewall and plugs into the ecu, when a DC or EG will connect to another harness in the engine bay on the shock tower, i believe they call it the subharness?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (lluks_844)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lluks_844 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In a ek the harness goes through the firewall and plugs into the ecu, when a DC or EG will connect to another harness in the engine bay on the shock tower, i believe they call it the subharness?</TD></TR></TABLE>

So thats what you mean by its a 2 piece harness. I did not know the EK9 harness was 1 big one ??

I think your right about it being a subharness..
Old 02-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its definatly obd1 because of the injector plugs.

and its wired for a knock sensor

I say SiRII, or GSR
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That plastic piece for the injector wires makes me think its a for a b18c
Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That plastic piece for the injector wires makes me think its a for a b18c</TD></TR></TABLE>
ive never seen a factory honda 92-00 anyway that didnt have that
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slambedcivic)

my factory dx has that plastic cover, if its for a gsr than look for the IAB wires
Old 02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lluks_844)

excuse my ignorance, but what does IAB stand for?
Old 02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (slambedcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its definatly obd1 because of the injector plugs.

and its wired for a knock sensor

I say SiRII, or GSR</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you say GSR you mean SiR-G? As this harness is from a JDM RHD car.

Modified by meandino at 6:37 PM 2/21/2008
Old 02-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meandino &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you say GSR you mean SiR-G? As this harness is From a JDM RHD car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
indeed sir
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA.......... (slambedcivic)

when they (importers) sell engines, they are listed as a sir-g/gsr, since they are commonly known as GSR swaps in the states thats what i went with sorry if i may have confused anyone.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">excuse my ignorance, but what does IAB stand for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when they (importers) sell engines, they are listed as a sir-g/gsr, since they are commonly known as GSR swaps in the states thats what i went with sorry if i may have confused anyone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were talking about the SiR-G, but had to be sure.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lluks_844 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wont the EG6 and the DC harness be the same regardless? It definatly OBD1 and is a two piece harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lluks_844 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In a ek the harness goes through the firewall and plugs into the ecu, when a DC or EG will connect to another harness in the engine bay on the shock tower, i believe they call it the subharness?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meandino &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So thats what you mean by its a 2 piece harness. I did not know the EK9 harness was 1 big one ?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can someone clear up the mystery about the 2 piece harness, and explain. (show pics)
Old 02-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a 2 piece harness consists of a (what i call) a dash harness, and an engine harness. what youve got in the picture i call an engine harness. that engine harness plugs into a dash harness and eventually runs down to your ECU through the inner firewall behind the dash
Old 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a 2 piece harness consists of a (what i call) a dash harness, and an engine harness. what youve got in the picture i call an engine harness. that engine harness plugs into a dash harness and eventually runs down to your ECU through the inner firewall behind the dash</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK so what is the 1 piece harness? Does the EK9 come with the 1 piece?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not 100% sure, but i think they do. either way, you dont have an ek harness there.

the one piece harness is one that is LIKE the engine harness, but it runs straight into the pass side of the car into the ECU
Old 02-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not 100% sure, but i think they do. either way, you dont have an ek harness there. the one piece harness is one that is LIKE the engine harness, but it runs straight into the pass side of the car into the ECU</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great that eliminates the EK harness setup.

Just wondering for future reference. So I'll know what kind of harness to be looking for. Didn't think mine was a 1 piece. Doesn't even look like one.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> what does IAB stand for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does anyone know what it stands for ?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (meandino)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">excuse my ignorance, but what does IAB stand for?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Intake Air Bypass... Same concept as Dual Butterflies or intake manifold tuning valves. Bigger butterflies open during light throttle and cruise for torque while certain rpm's secondary butterflies open for more air.

Quick Reply: RHD Engine Harness. Whats it to?? EK, EG, DC, or DA..........