Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion....

ok ive got a few questions for everyone on here.
i just purchased my RHD empty EG6 front clip and i am getting ready to cut out the firewall then weld it into my 94 hatch si. also i live in ohio, i know the registration and all that is different in all the states.
the questions i have are...
-how do i get it registered?
-how much will it cost?
-should i just turn it into a track and show car?
-is it worth it?
if anyone else has had the experience of converting their car to RHD or have help anyone reply on here with your experience and maybe any troubles youve had.
also if anyone on here has had to get the rhd car registered, let me know what the process was, how much it costs, and if you think it was worth it.
i decided to delay my project until late march that way i can get more information on whether this conversion is worth it.
thanks guys

also just so everyone knows and i dont get flammed i have read the RHD conversion archieved post.
basically im just trying to get stories of everyone experiences and if its worth it to spend alot of money to get it registered....
Old 02-21-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion.... (switchd9497)

you will probably just have to do a VIN verification...this is if the car is NOT already registered...if it already is you don't have to do a damn thing
Old 02-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion.... (rhdSiR)

Register it as a kit car. Easy and quick.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion.... (rhdSiR)

its usually expensive to register because they bring over complete cars w/o vins on them, in ohio if its alreayd registered as stated before you dont have to do anything, but if you do just do it as a kit car. As for problems doing the conversion just take yuor time and if you like it go for it. Most people here even though are jdm crazy will say its useless and flame you but dont let it get to you, do what you want

edit: ******^^^
Old 02-21-2005, 02:57 PM

i know for sure im going to get flammed but i really dont care.
the 94 hatch shell that i am buying is already registered...so does that mean i dont have to go through registration? i am for sure going to do the conversion no matter what. i wont let anyone talk me out of it. i just want to make sure that if i do end up finishing it and getting pulled over i dont want to get into any trouble with the law....

anyone else got any experience with this conversion? i need to know any problems people might have run into or just the guidence of the swap!
Old 02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (switchd9497)

your legally allowed to have the sterring wheel on that side of the car so you wont have any trouble with that, but if you are wary just rivet the dash vin plate onto the new dash, everything will still line up in terms of records
Old 02-21-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

yup, exactly....there is nothing illegial about having a RHD...only problems with it can be in the registration of the vehicle...but since you have an EH to convert to RHD that is already titled in OH you will have no problems...

i got pulled over before in my eg6 and it wasnt legally registered and i didn't get so much as a ticket..

good luck with the conversion
Old 02-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion.... (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">edit: ******^^^</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go to dmv tell them what you are going to do... "im putting a new firewall on my car from another car with a different vin# how do i legally get it registered with a proper vin#"

and they will most likely give you a "reconstructed" title. once your finished with the firewall swap, you need to go to the your local chp or other facility that inspects cars for road worthyness (dmv can tell you where to go)

chp checks the car. you show the paperwork of what you did to the car. vin#s are checked and then a new vin# is put on your car.

as long as you can document all the vin#s from the clip and yours you will be fine.

but your car may be deemed "salvaged" in the end.

if it was me. i would sell the si get a cx,dx and then do the change over.. and you might even have money left over.. but that depends on how nice your 94 si is.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:04 PM

i dont understand why i would sell the si and buy a cx or dx?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lighter cheaper
Old 02-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switchd9497 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont understand why i would sell the si and buy a cx or dx?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

??? you dont???

you have an 94 si. why in the hell would you destroy the car. i guess si's are easy to come by in your neck of the woods. when you can sell it get a cheaper car tear that up and have money left over in your pockets..
Old 02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

but like i said either it all depends on how your si looks. if its riced out or looks like your avatar then i would tear it apart.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

haha dont worry i would never drive anything that looks like my avatar i just used to have a crx and when i was a ricer i loved that body kit.

the si has nothing on it other than GC coilovers, rear aftermarket struts, some shitty exhaust, and red clear tails...it has been slightly wrecked in the front and has a little surface rust, nothing bad or eating through...
cxshoe....post up your email and i will send you some pics of the hatch and you tell me if its worth re-selling and getting a cx/dx.

i know the si is the heaviest of all the hatchbacks but i do like the sunroof. not that thats a determining factor in my choice of the si/dx/cx. the interior of the si has been converted to cx interior too for some reason(owner of the car before me did this).
and yes si's are easy to get here in ohio. but all hatchbacks here will have some kind of rust on it...
Old 02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switchd9497 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha dont worry i would never drive anything that looks like my avatar i just used to have a crx and when i was a ricer i loved that body kit.

the si has nothing on it other than GC coilovers, rear aftermarket struts, some shitty exhaust, and red clear tails...it has been slightly wrecked in the front and has a little surface rust, nothing bad or eating through...
cxshoe....post up your email and i will send you some pics of the hatch and you tell me if its worth re-selling and getting a cx/dx.

i know the si is the heaviest of all the hatchbacks but i do like the sunroof. not that thats a determining factor in my choice of the si/dx/cx. the interior of the si has been converted to cx interior too for some reason(owner of the car before me did this).
and yes si's are easy to get here in ohio. but all hatchbacks here will have some kind of rust on it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

bah if there easy to come by then tear it up
Old 02-21-2005, 04:24 PM

haha ok man thanks....

how do you post up pics on here?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switchd9497 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and yes si's are easy to get here in ohio. but all hatchbacks here will have some kind of rust on it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha all? mine has not one single spot of rust on it , you mean to say they are hard to come by in good condition but more easily found with rust
Old 02-21-2005, 04:27 PM

did you have rust on it when you first got it?
ive only seen a couple here in columbus with no rust on them. ive never seen one for sale without any rust. i saw one in autotrader one time that was rust free but the door was complete smashed in...must be a honda thing, if theres not rust then theres a dent haha
Old 02-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres my RHD in progress...

its a 92 4dr...
Old 02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switchd9497 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you have rust on it when you first got it?
ive only seen a couple here in columbus with no rust on them. ive never seen one for sale without any rust. i saw one in autotrader one time that was rust free but the door was complete smashed in...must be a honda thing, if theres not rust then theres a dent haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope not a single touch of rust, it had 65k miles when i bought it a year ago
Old 02-21-2005, 07:24 PM

damn thats sounds like a nice hatch...
did you get a good deal on it price wise?

itz darave - i cant see very well in those pics but did you cut you car in half to weld the front clip on? i cant tell anything in those pics. could you post up some other that i can enlarge and see if i can tell whats going on....
Old 02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uh, sounds pretty tarded to me, just get the rhd registered. then you'll have 2 perfect cars
Old 02-21-2005, 07:37 PM

way to read zombie....

its called a RHD front clip....mean its only the front half of the car with no motor....
thanks for you imput anyways...
Old 02-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by switchd9497 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn thats sounds like a nice hatch...
did you get a good deal on it price wise?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got it for 4300 and i think i got a good deal
Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

Reading owns me, sorry dude. I still wouldn't cut a firewall on a unibody.

Quick Reply: RHD EG6 Registration and Conversion....