Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RHD Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RHD Conversion

How much time, money and custom fabrication would be needed to do a RHD EG hatchback? I am super interested in doing this so any info would help! Thanks!
Old 06-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Conversion (SlowMotiion)

First of all, you're going to get flamed for this question, because an RHD conversion is sooooo pointless. All that money and work for what???

It's going to cost a LOT, between parts and labor. How 'bout upgrading your suspension and actually RACING the thing??? Too crazy an idea?
Old 06-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: RHD Conversion (gamby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gamby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, you're going to get flamed for this question, because an RHD conversion is sooooo pointless. All that money and work for what???

It's going to cost a LOT, between parts and labor. How 'bout upgrading your suspension and actually RACING the thing??? Too crazy an idea? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah cuz god knows racing a civic is the BEST thing to do....

That's just what we need another kid running around in a civic thinking he's in some kind of sports car...

there is A LOT of work enolved with a rhd conversion... I'd suggest trying to get a whole front clip and just swap it all over... but theres going to be a LOT of work to get it to "swap".
Old 06-29-2003, 09:26 AM

There was someone who posted a website about a company that produced rhd conversions for b-series engines on the forum about a week or so ago.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Conversion (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Umm... I was referring to legal racing (as in auto-x or even HPDE) as opposed to jdm bling BS. And yes, racing a Civic is a pretty damn good pastime
Old 06-29-2003, 07:56 PM
New User

Possibly the dumbest 'first post' ever.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RHD Conversion (EG6-SiR)

why dont you do a search for limo makers, there are tons on the net, and all it is is putting your front clip (once you get it) on your test vehicle, your done now just wire it up USDM...... anyone who makes limo cars for businesses can put one together for you..... for a price.....

and i agree if this is your first post wrong choice of topics. unless you like to get flamed.....
Old 06-29-2003, 08:52 PM

Default Re: RHD Conversion (88hf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88hf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont you do a search for limo makers, there are tons on the net, and all it is is putting your front clip (once you get it) on your test vehicle, your done now just wire it up USDM...... anyone who makes limo cars for businesses can put one together for you..... for a price.....

and i agree if this is your first post wrong choice of topics. unless you like to get flamed.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does anyone know any other way. I am thinking about purchasing a front clip and converting mine. Dont flame me for wanting to do this its something I think would be cool. Just like me having lamborgini doors, I dont care if you like it cuz i do.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:57 PM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: RHD Conversion (Elite Hatch)

here's a link to a RWD b-series tranny maker. http://g-forcetransmissions.com/tran_gf5r-rev.asp
Old 06-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RHD Conversion (92 civic VX B18c)

oh and you'll also have to worry about a cop double checking your firewall vin with your registration slip to see if its the correct vin # takes what 2 mins to check..

Old 06-29-2003, 09:21 PM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: RHD Conversion (88hf)

my engines not stolen, I'm not worried about that, nor would I be worried about a cop opening my hood I live in AZ, you know the state next CA, but we are still enjoy our freedoms here...
Old 06-30-2003, 04:44 AM

First of all, this isnt my first post... its just my first post on another name. 2nd of all, why do you need to flame? I just want a car that will stand out more so then anyone else. I also plan on doing a b16b swap with LSD tranny and going all motor and trying to hit 13's. i dont understand why some people can't understand that some people like to be different. To each his own... and BTW eg6-SiR, I'd like to see a few pics of your car and why you think its so much more special then anyone elses. Thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SlowMotiion)

A full front clip is your best bet....

RHD conversion is not worth it IMO.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:39 AM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Conversion (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The SCCA and NASA guys seem to think so - very competitive cars.

As far as the RHD conversion: just weld up a RHD clip like some of the others have said.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowMotiion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much time, money and custom fabrication would be needed to do a RHD EG hatchback? I am super interested in doing this so any info would help! Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, for the sake of answering your question, and keeping it at just that, here's an overview:

1. find a complete JDM EG front clip (w/motor is highly suggested)
2. find some bodyshop who's willing to do this work for you

3. the gist of the rhd conversion for EG chassis is mainly the firewall section. You'll need to get your US EG firewall removed, and apply the JDM EG firewall and everything else RHD related (dash, pedals, MC+booster, steering column, heater/AC unit, etc). Recall how I mention getting a JDM EG front clip w/engine is highly suggested? I say that cuz you need the JDM throttle cable, as it curls around the engine bay. Usually, engine-less JDM EG clips don't have a throttlecable.

4. Wiring is next. You might have to mate a the JDM EG engine harness to your US harness somehow....or you just might have to use a complete JDM engine & cabin harness.....good luck finding a complete cabin harness tho!

Since this is an EG conversion its actually a lot less work to do in comparison to an EF chassis....since most of the work is aimed at the EG firewall and not the frame rails, like on US EF chassis.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:12 AM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: RHD Conversion (Katman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well, for the sake of answering your question, and keeping it at just that, here's an overview:

3. the gist of the rhd conversion for EG chassis is mainly the firewall section. You'll need to get your US EG firewall removed, and apply the JDM EG firewall and everything else RHD related (dash, pedals, MC+booster, steering column, heater/AC unit, etc). Recall how I mention getting a JDM EG front clip w/engine is highly suggested? I say that cuz you need the JDM throttle cable, as it curls around the engine bay. Usually, engine-less JDM EG clips don't have a throttlecable.

4. Wiring is next. You might have to mate a the JDM EG engine harness to your US harness somehow....or you just might have to use a complete JDM engine & cabin harness.....good luck finding a complete cabin harness tho!

Since this is an EG conversion its actually a lot less work to do in comparison to an EF chassis....since most of the work is aimed at the EG firewall and not the frame rails, like on US EF chassis.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Question, so there was a RWD JDM EG civic, is that what your saying?
Old 06-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92 civic VX B18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Question, so there was a RWD JDM EG civic, is that what your saying?</TD></TR></TABLE>

RWD EG? uhh nope, thats not what I was saying. There is no such thing as a rear wheel drive EG.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:03 PM
HT Black Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

So what do you need the JDM clip for? How does a fwd JDM clip help this guy build a RWD car from a USDM front wheel drive car?

A FWD JDM clip"with engine like you sugest, still has a Transverse mounted engine correct?

here's a good place to get started building a RWD civic, it make RWD tranny's for B-series honda engines. http://g-forcetransmissions.com/tran_gf5r-rev.asp

Unless. you want to use a S2000, front end and engine, (witch will run you around 9k ) your going to need a tranny that can get you started in the right direction, (no punn intended)

Modified by 92 civic VX B18c at 4:29 PM 6/30/2003

Modified by 92 civic VX B18c at 4:31 PM 6/30/2003
Old 06-30-2003, 02:30 PM
YodaIsGod

you want RHD, buy a postal truck and do a B18C5 swap.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RHD Conversion (YodaIsGod)

wtf?! he never said anything about RWD? he said RHD the whole time. and dont flame him for doing what he likes to do. or im gonna start flaming you for putting amber corners on your car. go find another bandwagon to bastardize.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92 civic VX B18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So what do you need the JDM clip for? How does a fwd JDM clip help this guy build a RWD car from a USDM front wheel drive car?

A FWD JDM clip"with engine like you sugest, still has a Transverse mounted engine correct?

here's a good place to get started building a RWD civic, it make RWD tranny's for B-series honda engines. http://g-forcetransmissions.com/tran_gf5r-rev.asp

Unless. you want to use a S2000, front end and engine, (witch will run you around 9k ) your going to need a tranny that can get you started in the right direction, (no punn intended)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

DUDE, WHAT THE FAWK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT RWD!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:05 PM
HT Black Ops

opps, RHD, sorry for the mistake..
Old 06-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DUDE, WHAT THE FAWK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT RWD!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

the original questoin was answered in detail and somehow the rhd went to rwd!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:02 PM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: RHD Conversion (eg6si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol

the original questoin was answered in detail and somehow the rhd went to rwd!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah that was my bad, sorry folks
Old 07-01-2003, 12:21 AM
ISELLRIGHTHANDDRIV

read the name! if you want i can get it.

Quick Reply: RHD Conversion