Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

REVIEW::: comptech sport springs mated to kyb agx

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVIEW::: comptech sport springs mated to kyb agx

just put these on... didnt take pictures... sorry. and i wont go into details about the install and all that cuz it can be found elsewhere. mainly about the comptechs because there is imo a lack of information about these for 96-00 civics.

the reason i chose comptech sport springs over the obvious option of eibach prokits and the like was because comptechs labeled each spring rate individually. meaning that each spring had a tag that measured its spring rate. they recommend that the higher ones be used on the driver side to compensate for the drivers weight. that seemed to be one of those extra things that impressed me.

the spring rate is about 250f/140r. not too stiff, but a its for sport. the drop is about 1.25-1.5". again, not too much, very subtle drop.

after putting them in with the agx with little to no problems, i drove a bit to let them settle in. the ride is a lot better. the agx are set up 2f/4r, and handling is immensely improved. ride is a bit stiffer, but still good.

the qualm that i ahve is appearance of the drop. the front is about half inch higher than the rear... im not sure if this is how all honda civics are, but i was expecting the front to be level or a bit lower than the rear... the rears fit 2 fingers, and the fronts 2.5 to 3 fingers. im not sure if they will settle more, but thats about the only problem i have with them.

final verdict: great alternative to eibach prokit, h&r sport springs, and neuspeed sports. not sure if uneven drop is due to springs or if it is occurance to all drops of this nature. i am satisfied overall with the ride, as it is perfect for a daily commuter who is looking for a sport tuned suspension that is still alright for the gf to sit in.

sorry if im all over the place... first review that i wrote. hope this helps. comptech users are encouraged to post as well.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: REVIEW::: comptech sport springs mated to kyb agx (slowEJ8)

I don't have much to contribute, but the front of my car seems to be slightly higher in the front then the rear w/ my Neuspeed race springs. I assume that this is not actually the case due to the specs, my guess is that the fender wells, etc make it just appear to be this way.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: REVIEW::: comptech sport springs mated to kyb agx (slowEJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowEJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the qualm that i ahve is appearance of the drop. the front is about half inch higher than the rear... im not sure if this is how all honda civics are, but i was expecting the front to be level or a bit lower than the rear... the rears fit 2 fingers, and the fronts 2.5 to 3 fingers.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, this is normal.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: REVIEW::: comptech sport springs mated to kyb agx (EX_AutoXer)

Shouldnt it be the other way go gamn it