Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Returning to the Honda scene...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning to the Honda scene...

Hey everyone,

I'm making a return and entrance into the Honda scene. A few years ago, I was about to start modifying a '93 Si Coupe (EG?) by painting it to a pearl black color from the original magenta

However, since the car had been stolen before and taken for a joy ride, the tranny and motor never felt the same. The clutch felt like it was starting to slip and going to stink out, the tranny was sloppy after we had recovered the vehicle, and the motor? Well, it was surely beat on and I don't know what kind of damage it sustained when the police chased the criminals that ended up crashing into a light pole!

I decided to pursue a different vehicle and ended up driving a MKIV 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T. Let me start by saying how much I enjoyed this car and the people I met at get-togethers. I've kept in touch with some of the close friendships I've made despite most of us having sold our 'dubs now and moving onto other vehicles.

Anyhow, I am currently debating selling off my Jeep Patriot and picking up an EK9 from the U.S. (I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada) with either a JDM Type R motor (B18C correct?) or a K20 motor swapped in it already.

My question for those that can help, what should I be looking for to ensure that the motor was swapped in properly, the motor is what it is listed as being sold as etc.

Thanks in advance and some pics of my Jetta that had a Golf front end conversion:

Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Returning to the Honda scene... (Buddha09)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buddha09 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm making a return and entrance into the Honda scene...

[My former Honda was] stolen before and taken for a joy ride... it was surely beat on and I don't know what kind of damage it sustained when the police chased the criminals that ended up crashing into a light pole!

I decided to pursue a different vehicle and ended up driving a MKIV 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T... most of us having sold our 'dubs now and moving onto other vehicles.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hrm...

One of my brothers owns a VW shop. And, I've noticed, in the 'dub world' most of the activity revolves around these 'dub shops'.

The dealers are the movers and shakers, NOT the community! Dub owners are sorta yuppie lurkers, for the most part...

Anyway, welcome back to the world of street punks, gang bangers, and car thieves!

I gotta ask ya...

Of all your 'dub buds', are you the only one that rekindled a taste for bean n' rice?

Just curious...
Old 07-06-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Returning to the Honda scene... (BlackDeuceCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hrm...

One of my brothers owns a VW shop. And, I've noticed, in the 'dub world' most of the activity revolves around these 'dub shops'.

The dealers are the movers and shakers, NOT the community! Dub owners are sorta yuppie lurkers, for the most part...

Anyway, welcome back to the world of street punks, gang bangers, and car thieves!

I gotta ask ya...

Of all your 'dub buds', are you the only one that rekindled a taste for bean n' rice?

Just curious...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think your perception of "dubbers" is off lol.

To answer your question, a lot of people I met in the Dub scene aren't strictly Dub fans. They're fairly welcoming of cars from other makes and models, which I absolutely enjoyed being a part of. So, no.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Returning to the Honda scene... (BlackDeuceCoupe)

not a v-dub fan but thats nice, i mean its no civc but it looks like it goes. welcome back
Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 AM

I Have 4 friends with vw's they are all fun to work on, and when it comes to power gain, its a lot easyer then a civic. welcome back to the world of gang bangers, ghetto speaking punks, and people that think stock civic's are fast. civic's are fun to work on, and after driving a lot of vw's i think civic's handle way better then them so at least you came back to one good aspect of the honda world and thats good handling. Welcome back Hope you rejoin the civic world.