Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Resparking this relationship....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resparking this relationship....

I've owned this 1993 Civic Hatchback Si for a little more than a year now. I have done the usual things an 18 year old will do to their cars. Wheels, suspension, little of this and that. No engine swap or boost cause I can never save enough You get the point.

Lately I keep finding myself day dreaming about owning different cars. I like the car for what it is but I seem to have lost interest in it by now. I don't feel like spending a whole lot more money on it, besides the usual maintenance stuff. I just wanna see who's on the same boat (meaning losing interest in their car) and what tips i can get to respark this relationship without dumping more money into it. LOL

Or maybe I just need some sleep right now

And just for reference...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Resparking this relationship....

i am like that i have own 3 ek's, 4 integras and like 2 240's but so far i really like my eg, and i dont want to get rid of it, i say save up and do a swap trust me you wont want to sell it!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol yeah i have friends who switches cars all the time like that. This is my third car and the car i've stuck with longest.

I would save up for a swap, but I am sort of seeking for something newer and atleast has power windows.... if you know where im getting with this. lol
Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Vietnamese!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shadohconspiracy
lol yeah i have friends who switches cars all the time like that. This is my third car and the car i've stuck with longest.

I would save up for a swap, but I am sort of seeking for something newer and atleast has power windows.... if you know where im getting with this. lol
Like an integra gsr?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shadohconspiracy

yeah, then your best bet is just to sell it and get like a gsr, or and em1, unless you want something newer.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wasnt getting into anything in specific, but just ranting about the reason why I don't feel like dropping more money on it and looking for something else. but I have been looking up some newer volkswagen a lot lately lol
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I hear, putting a b&m short shifter and weighted **** will change your opinion about the car.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

btw, your ride looks pretty clean. and if you want to part it out b4 you sell it let me know...
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

VERY clean....i thought i would have the same problem you do...however the past 3 years i was away at college and there was NO WAY i was bringing her up there. So the time away from it is what got me. Ive put her away EVERY winter since i got it. When i would go to put it away, it seemed like no biggy...then as soon as i feel weather over 45 degrees and see some other Honda's or tuner's out there, I CANT WAIT... ive been waiting to get my car back on the road for a couple weeks now. ive since graduated and im looking forward to my first full season with my EJ6.....Late March/Early April - Oct?....global warming? who knows....

Take some time away from it. Youll realize the big smile on your face once you see it again. Happens to me every time i lift the car cover....
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Vietnamese!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed clean
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 AM

Im 20 and ive already had 2 boosted hondas built 100% by me.. worked on my first honda months before i even got my license.

When you really love something you dont get tired of it. At your age if your uncapable of saving money to put it on cars then it means your heads and interests are elsewhere and to find another hobby i guess.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ I couldn't agree more. I park my EG for the winter. It's the first car I ever bought. I've since owned another EG hatch, 2 integras, a GTI and an s15 4X4 GMC, all as winter beaters or in this case with my current integ, it'll be on the road untill my turbo build is ready and running. you wanna bet that should re-kindle my fire.

just for referance, it's on sport bronze slips now not the flat black ones and soon there be a nice FMIC hidding between the fogs
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Andr3w
Im 20 and ive already had 2 boosted hondas built 100% by me.. worked on my first honda months before i even got my license.

When you really love something you dont get tired of it. At your age if your uncapable of saving money to put it on cars then it means your heads and interests are elsewhere and to find another hobby i guess.
Definitely not my case, I just have a large variety of interests. But cars has always been on top of the list.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you everybody for their inputs. I'm going to make a to-do list for the little things and do it when the weather gets a little better. Also my car never really gave me any major problems, so I should appreciate it even more!