Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Reinstalling Air Conditioning. Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reinstalling Air Conditioning. Questions!

I have a 1992 Honda Civic Si that came equipped with air conditioning from the factory. I purchased the car with a swap years ago, and all of the a/c components were hooked up, and supposedly it just wasn't charged. I removed all of the parts and stored them. I have since decided to reinstall the air conditioning. I am having the help of an older coworker who knows just about everything about a/c. I am buying all new components, just don't know exactly what will match up. I know I need to use a compressor and bracket off of the motor I just swapped in, B18b. I just want to make sure though that I can use all of the Civic parts(condenser,drier,e. valve,evaporator, etc.) with this compressor. Also, the chassis a/c harness is still there, just the separate one that runs from the chassis plug needs to be replaced. Do I need the one from a Civic and will it plug up to all the components(cycling switch,compressor,etc)? My coworker helping me has done a/c for a very long time, he is just very unfamiliar with Hondas and swaps and whatnot. We just need to know the answer to this and then we can get it going.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Reinstalling Air Conditioning. Questions!

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/%5Bfaq%5D-how-charge-your-c-air-conditioner-conditioning-system-home-1665946/
Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet now I can show this thread to my friend who will be helping me. Although it probably won't be much use to him considering he has been repairing and servicing a/c systems in passenger vehicles and big trucks for the the last 25 years. Do people even read threads on Honda-Tech anymore before they begin posting replys?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just thought it might help. I also have an EG Si that doesnt have A/C. I am clueless on how to get it going, Ill just put it aside until I have the funds/time to do something like that. Its so much work that its almost not worth it.

You have the parts already so thats half the battle. PM the dude on the link I posted, he should be able to help you.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

another day of sweating bump...mainly concerned about the wiring harness, I test fit most of the lines and don't seem to be a problem.