Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear Lip for a EK Coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Lip for a EK Coupe...

Ok so I have purchased a bunch of parts for my 1996 VSM EX Coupe and have not installed them because I am very patient and I only want to do the work once. But I am having trouble finding a lip for my rear bumper that will just go nice with the car. I have checked ebay, jdmshit, and abs dynamics and they all look the same, but really do not know how good the fitment will be because it is not OEM. If there is such a thing as an OEM Rear Bumper Lip for a Coupe I will be more than glad to purchase one, but have had no luck finding one. Does anyone on here have a lip from the above mentioned sources, and if you do could you post some pictures? Thanks in advance, Cesar.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jdm **** makes the buddy club and type r rear lips. i have the type r rear lip and it fits perfect. the quality just isnt as good as the real **** but it works fine
Old 07-18-2005, 04:32 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: Rear Lip for a EK Coupe... (ELUSIVESIR)

This is an OEM lip here. Its on a sedan, but it shares the same rear bumper as the coupes.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the OEM Honda lips are hard as hell to find..

this is jdmshit.com replica (paint is off color - it's not my car ):

edit.. one more for a better angle:

Old 07-18-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: (zoops)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zoops &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the OEM Honda lips are hard as hell to find..

this is jdmshit.com replica (paint is off color - it's not my car ):
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, that's the 99-00 OEM rear lip.. he's asking for the 96-98 OEM rear lip. the 96-98 rear bumpers are different than the 99-00 so they aren't really interchangeable unless you do some modification to the lip. rukawa1one has the right idea.

here's my car with the 96-98 rear lip... i'll sell it for the right price
Old 07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vsm98civic)

It looks really good. A little bigger than I imagined it, but still looks better than no lip at all. I am actually looking at just getting one that is not painted because I want to keep it the same flat black color as my sideskirts and my side moldings. Is your's OEM? How much are you considering selling it for? Let me know, thanks.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That sedan is banging

And you are right about that being rare, I've never seen it before around my area or even knew it existed
Old 07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: (Sifu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sifu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That sedan is banging

And you are right about that being rare, I've never seen it before around my area or even knew it existed </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you

And u guys are gonna hate me when i tell u how much i got it for. I was coming back from a snowboarding trip in tahoe and my friend wanted to stop by San Francisco on the way back. His friend he visited had a garage full of JDM stuff, I think he was a small time importer. Anyways he had a lip and i recognized that it was the OEM one for my car. He gave it to me for $150 since it was sitting there for a long time. Plus it was already painted white, so it was a steal for me. Although my friends didnt like sitting in the car with lip all up in their faces.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (ELUSIVESIR)

First of all, there are no replica's of this lip.. So any time you see one, it's always going to be OEM.

Secondly, because they are OEM, Honda did not sell them in 'flat black'. They sold them color matched to the car. I bought mine brand new painted VSM from Honda.

and thirdly, leaving side skirts and lips flat black make your car look cheap and makes it look like you dont have any money to paint them. There's a reason why the Si's came with painted skirts. But I guess that's just my opinion.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry for the misinformation.. the images I posted were of a 99-00 replica lip. So if anyone's curious about that.. that's what it looks like

As for finding an OEM 96-98 lip.. try searching clubcivic.com's classifieds. I know that a lot of their members don't post here, and vice versa.. so you may have some luck there.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, so I got some good info today, but there are plenty of companies that make a knock-off of this lip: ABS Dynamics, Revolution Autowerks, some on Ebay and of course JDM ****. Of course the replica's are not a direct copy of the original for legal reasons but they are similar. But what I am in search of is a lip that is nice enough to go on the *** of my coupe. I understand everyone has their own opinions as to a car looking a different way. You're car looks clean as ****, I'm just into the Silver and Flat black mix. Check the 7th picture from the top of this page, just me but, this looks really good:

http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums...pp=15

Anyway, how much for your's?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:52 AM

show me replica's... there are none
Old 07-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vsm98civic)

http://www.revautostore.com/109.html (No Picture) Revolution Autowerks

http://www.jdmshit.com/parts/exterior/index.html (Scroll Down to Rear Lips)

Here is the link but the previous page specifies for what models.
http://www.jdmshit.com/parts/e...p.jpg JDM ****

http://www.absdynamics.com (Search under Honda and scroll down to rear lip section) ABS Dynamics

And Finally Ebay, here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Rear Lip for a EK Coupe... (rukawa1one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rukawa1one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is an OEM lip here. Its on a sedan, but it shares the same rear bumper as the coupes.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I REALLY like that wing, normally I hate wings, but that one has some nice style to it. Where is that from?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a a mugen/mugen style wing
Old 07-20-2005, 01:53 AM
s73
New User

Zoops&gt;&gt;

I got that same rear lip, but i am having trouble mounting it, it seems like if i only used the 4 self taping screws in the wheel well, it will sag. And There is a gap between my factory bumper and the new lip.

Got any hints on installing this lip....

my car might be a bit different from yours, i got a 96-98....yours looks tobe a 99-00....just looking for some hints here...

thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: (s73)

heres mine
my cars is a 97 and as far as i know i came like this from the factory

Old 07-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (s73)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s73 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Zoops&gt;&gt;

I got that same rear lip, but i am having trouble mounting it, it seems like if i only used the 4 self taping screws in the wheel well, it will sag. And There is a gap between my factory bumper and the new lip.

Got any hints on installing this lip....

my car might be a bit different from yours, i got a 96-98....yours looks tobe a 99-00....just looking for some hints here...

thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

unfortunately that isn't my car.. so i couldn't help ya with that try asking in appearances and cosmetic?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELUSIVESIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.revautostore.com/109.html (No Picture) Revolution Autowerks

http://www.jdmshit.com/parts/exterior/index.html (Scroll Down to Rear Lips)

Here is the link but the previous page specifies for what models.
http://www.jdmshit.com/parts/e...p.jpg JDM ****

http://www.absdynamics.com (Search under Honda and scroll down to rear lip section) ABS Dynamics

And Finally Ebay, here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, there are NO replica's of the 96-98 OEM rear lip. All of those lips are fake lips that look like a 99-00 rear lip, but are meant for a 96-98 rear bumper.

So, I ask you again, show me a replica of a 96-98 OEM rear lip.

*Hint: you won't be able to because there are none.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:03 AM

im car left factory like that so unless honda started putting knock offs on their cars its oem
Old 07-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone

does anyone knows how to installl the 96-98 OEM rear lip for coupe/sedan onto the 99-00 coupe/sedan bumper? what kind of mods needs to be done? i've seen it done b4 but just need to know what exactly needs to be done to make it fit right. thanks
*note : i know the rear bumper on the 96-98 is different fromt the 99-00
Old 08-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Lip for a EK Coupe... (ELUSIVESIR)

Okay so I didn't really get any help on this thread. But today I called a local Honda Dealership and they gave me the name and phone numbers of two dealerships in the U.S that had the OEM lip in stock. I called them both had ONE in stock, however there was a $300.00 difference between the two dealerships for the same product. Anyway, I ordered the one that was $80.00 instead of $380.00 and will be receiving it next week. So with that said, if anyone wants a 1996-1998 Honda Civic Rear Lip for a Coupe or Sedan here is your chance, their price is $380.00 and here is their info.

Robertson Honda
5841 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601-1097
(818)508-3800
Old 08-12-2005, 03:05 PM

BTW if you order a lip from JDM **** ... you might have to drill custom holes to make it fit the car.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (ikhanhz)

http://www.slhondaparts.com

08F03-S01-120 SPOILER, RR. UNDER (TAFFETA WHITE)

Comes in white only though on that website.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

Do EGs have rear lips???

Quick Reply: Rear Lip for a EK Coupe...