Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP

Hi guys, Im in the middle of doing a rear disk conversion on my EJ1....and yes, ive already done plenty of searching and research so this swap would go smoothly,
but as my luck would have it a ran into a pretty big problem. Today I started on swapping the arms, and after removing the old one from the passenger side and bolting
on the new one, the hub is definitely not sitting right. All the bolt holes lined up perfectly, but after inspecting the hub it is obvious that its sitting on a pretty bad angle,
definitely not straight. The car is a 93 Civic EX w/o ABS, and the arms are from a 98 Integra GSR. Here are pics showing the passenger side arm mounted, this is as far as I got so far:

SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE PICS, IVE NEVER RESIZED BEFORE AND IM IN A HURRY!!!!

Here are pics with a wheel mounted:

And here are pics of the old passenger side arm that was removed, compared with the new driver side arm that I havent installed yet...Everything appears to look the same:

So can anyone tell me whats wrong with my trailing arms? And why the hub is sitting so crooked?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP (93allmotorcoupe)

Maybe the trailing arm is bent? Also check the bolt at the end of the trailing to bolts to the chassis. The toe is definitely off and I believe that last bolt allows you to adjust toe a little bit.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP (BlueIntegraBoy)

I tried adjusting the toe with that bolt, but it still didn't bring it anywhere close to where it should be. Ive had these arms for a while now waiting to put on, and it never appeared bent, there are no chips or cracks anywhere in the paint on them, and everything on it appears to be straight.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP (BlueIntegraBoy)

It's either bent or out of aligment. Loosen the front bolts and push the trailing arms outwards to see if it helps. If it still doesn't fix it, than most likely the arms is bent.

Adriano
Old 03-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP (Adriano)

I just went out again and tried adjusting the bolt you are talking about, it didn't help. Am I stuck with bent arms?? Its just hard to believe that they're bent that severely and the paint shows no cracking, and there are no visual flaws anywhere on the arm.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP (93allmotorcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93allmotorcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just went out again and tried adjusting the bolt you are talking about, it didn't help. Am I stuck with bent arms?? Its just hard to believe that they're bent that severely and the paint shows no cracking, and there are no visual flaws anywhere on the arm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They dont need to have cracked paint or anything to be bent. Most likely, they are bent, and your going to need a new arm. Unless someone tried to change the wheel bearings, and they never sat flushly.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Disk Conversion....Help ASAP (idriveacoupe.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by idriveacoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They dont need to have cracked paint or anything to be bent. Most likely, they are bent, and your going to need a new arm. Unless someone tried to change the wheel bearings, and they never sat flushly.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The wheel bearings have never been touched, these arms came off a car with only 10k miles on it, however it was in a wreck. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my behalf that was hoping for the arm not to be bent. So I guess now Im in search of a new passenger side trailing arm