Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear Disc Question, Yeah Another One of them threads.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Disc Question, Yeah Another One of them threads.

I did a little bit of searching, nothing concrete answering my question.

I wanted to know the best way to do rear disc swap on a car with ABS.

Would be best to remove the chip so the car thinks its non abs?

Or would finding an ABS rear and either extending / redoing the rear lines be better?

Car is a 96 EX coupe (5-Speed), I read that it was standard on the 4 doors, and an option on the auto, I definatly have ABS though.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer - rear discs IMO are one of the best upgrades per dollar I can do.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Rear Disc Question, Yeah Another One of them threads. (Vero)

try to find a complete gsr rear abs disk swap. when i said complete that mean complete with the abs sensors still attached and intact, parking brake cables, abs prop. valve, brake booster and master cylinder.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear Disc Question, Yeah Another One of them threads. (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try to find a complete gsr rear abs disk swap. when i said complete that mean complete with the abs sensors still attached and intact, parking brake cables, abs prop. valve, brake booster and master cylinder.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe ABS was available on all Integras, so you don't need to specifically look for GSR. However, trying to find swap that's as complete as described is going to be very difficult. Sensors tend to be easily damaged.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for any help you guys can offer - rear discs IMO are one of the best upgrades per dollar I can do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, best upgrade per dollar would probably be to learn how to be better driver. Take note, I'm not saying you're bad driver. A good driver can extract maximum performance from his car w/out modifications.

----- Antony
Old 09-03-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Rear Disc Question, Yeah Another One of them threads. (Ant-man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ant-man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I believe ABS was available on all Integras, so you don't need to specifically look for GSR. However, trying to find swap that's as complete as described is going to be very difficult. Sensors tend to be easily damaged.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think RS Integras didn't have ABS.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thanks for any help you guys can offer - rear discs IMO are one of the best upgrades per dollar I can do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you ever thought about getting better front brakes? Better front brakes will stop you better than just converting the rear to discs.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well braking system over all is one of the best you can do. I cant ignore both sides. Thanks for the help.