Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Real talk - Differences in the SIR and the CTR.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real talk - Differences in the SIR and the CTR.

Ok guys and gals I have an idea and with your help we can make this into a good thread.

Lets discuss the differences between the SIR model of the EK and the Type R model of the EK. I would like to know trim options, interior/exterior differences, motor differences, basically anything and everything possible that we as a world wide site can come up with to form a good knowledge base of the differences between the two.

Lets see pictures of the options if we can find them and things of that nature.

To the Mods: if this type of post has been done before then I appologize and please delete. Also, if you feel this is in the wrong forum please move.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Real talk - Differences in the SIR and the CTR. (Civichatch2k)

These cars are different than anything the U.S. has seen. The front sway bar on the CTR is much bigger than the SiR model. The SiR is unique because of the bumpers, they have the trim inserts on them, around the corners. The SiR basically got a shorter end of the stick in power, but IMO looks better.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Real talk - Differences in the SIR and the CTR. (Civichatch2k)

Umm, this thread probably needs to be moved to GDD.

But google is your friend.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Real talk - Differences in the SIR and the CTR. (Kingcobra33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kingcobra33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These cars are different than anything the U.S. has seen. The front sway bar on the CTR is much bigger than the SiR model. The SiR is unique because of the bumpers, they have the trim inserts on them, around the corners. The SiR basically got a shorter end of the stick in power, but IMO looks better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, aside from these basics that I already knew (blueintegraboy) what other useful information is there out there?

Like for instance, did the SIR's come in the 99-00 body style in Japan or just in the 96-98 body style.

Are the motors the same as in both B16b's or is the SIR a b16a?

Where there differences besides the gauge clusters on the interior with the SIR, did they all get the Si style seats in the front and and the same type of headrests on the rear seats as the front seats.

What colors did they come in, what type of options were available.

The reason that I am making this post is because I have seen many 96-00 body style coupes and hatch's claiming to be an SIR, now I realize that they are styled after the SIR just like most people style their cars after the EK4 and EK9 CTR. But what types of things besides the cluster, headlights and exterior bumpers create the SIR look?

This may be a pointless post wasting bandwith, but I think that it is interesting. If the mods think that this needs to disapear then just go ahead and delete it.

Thanks.