Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rapid Performance EG engine swap and a few other random pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rapid Performance EG engine swap and a few other random pics

We are a small company called Rapid Performance out of North Liberty Iowa. Together the 4 of us have owned over 40 hondas, most of which have been swapped. We all came together about a month ago to try and fulfill our dream, to open our own shop. The dream is slowly but surely falling into place. Here is the first swapped honda we have done in the shop together to show a little more of what we are about.

The beginning, about 8pm a kid named Joe brought us his 92dx hatch with a D15b. Joe wanted an LS swap and eventually wanted to go with a boosted setup. This is how the car was brought to us:.

The motor we used is a low mileage obd2 B18b

Out with hte old:

Matt Degreasing the new engine:

Degreasing the engine bay, and let me tell you it was disgusting!

In with the new:

Blake on the left, Marc on the right:

Blake

Blake at his finest:

By 2am the car was running and by 4 am we were driving it, then it was time for a little beautifying:

Now today we did a little mock up of the intercooler and piping to ensure a good fit:

The turbo we will be using is on the Left, its a Garret T3

We will keep you updated as we progress later in the week. Thanks for looking, comments welcome.
-Rapid Team

Modified by Rapid Performance at 5:57 PM 10/21/2008
Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rapid Performance EG engine swap and a few other random pics (Rapid Performance)

Nice broken vin off the tranny?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Yea we ordered it from a guy we knew in California, not sure on the whole story with that but after having been out there many times I have discovered that not very many swaps have vins... I can only imagine/ wonder why.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:12 PM

looks like so much fun, I hope to open my own shop soon, after I finish this dam degree in teaching, and i set my self up for stability, My true passion is cars, my second is history

Good luck guys hope everything works out good, If i lived in Ia I would come over and support you guys with some work that has to be done with my car gl again.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rapid Performance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rapid Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea we ordered it from a guy we knew in California, not sure on the whole story with that but after having been out there many times I have discovered that not very many swaps have vins... I can only imagine/ wonder why.</TD></TR></TABLE> Yeah
well good luck
cant wait to see the outcome of the car
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (John M)

you guys should make a killing buying stolen motors from cali
Old 10-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Well we have a written receipt that came with it, we were kind of wondering but oh well I guess. THanks for the comments! THe plan is 8 pounds boost with 450cc's
Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rapid Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well we have a written receipt that came with it, we were kind of wondering but oh well I guess. THanks for the comments! THe plan is 8 pounds boost with 450cc's</TD></TR></TABLE>

your receipt matches a vin you dont have
Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont buy anything without vin tags no need to pull them off unless its stolen... people buying stolen sh*t deserves to get their car crushed
Old 10-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like you guys have some legit stuff going on. Great work.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solturbob16sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solturbob16sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your receipt matches a vin you dont have </TD></TR></TABLE>is it just me or does this foo always post stupid ****.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Dead CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dead CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it just me or does this foo always post stupid ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

would it be better if i posted a pic of your mom
Old 10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (Dead CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dead CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it just me or does this foo always post stupid ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not just you.

To the OP. That tranny does look a little shady. Now for all i know it could have come from a police auction or something. However... I would be very careful of where my stuff came from if i was in the business of doing engine swaps. I'd hate to see someone get in **** over a stolen tranny they didn't even steal.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM

I admit there was one time I bought a B16A swap about 4 years ago for personal use and I removed the Vins because all winter long the swap sat in my basement and I had the crazy idea of polishing the entire tranny, which proved more work than I wanted to do but it sure did look good. I agree thought and the only reason I didnt ask questions is because this guy is a legitament person whom we know pretty well. I may however request a swap with vins in the future if we go through him again. Right now we are working on getting a couple accounts set up with some distributers though so we will see what happens.
Thanks again guys for the response!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

we dont know the resaon why the vin is off. .

Yes we all know and speculate what that means but we dont know.
This will end here

OP continue your post.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Here was technically our first job, Installing coilovers on a Civic SI.

In the right hand corner of this picture you can see a shop car, 2006 WRX STI 425whp We do specialize in hondas but we dable in other areas as well..
Old 10-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

more pictures please!! me want to see in details how you connected the turbo piping!! so I can learn!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:41 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795
Old 10-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raidacaipo)

Looks like its going to be a really fun car for sure. For a second there I thought you were gonna do TWINNN TURBOZZZ
Old 10-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Rapid Performance EG engine swap and a few other random pics (Rapid Performance)

Sorry to touch back on the VIN plate issue but I did want to state that as a shop it's very questionable to provide a customer with a swap with an obviiously broken off VIN plate. I too work at a shop and we get JDM stuff that lacks VIN plates, but if someone sent me a USDM swap with removed/broken off VIN plates I'd send it back, period.

Anyways looks like fun guys.

BTW:

Did you guys replace that busted timing side engine mount?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HybridcivicLS-T)

oh yeah! thanks alot for the link!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rapid Performance EG engine swap and a few other random pics (B18C5-EH2)

Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Hey thanks! If any of you are ever in the area feel free to drop by!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Appearance is everthing in marketing. Your first impression to HT was one of an unprofessional garage and looked like what we all do at home.

I know that cash is probably tight for a startup biz but do what you can to clean up the appearance a liitle bit and look more professional to your next potential customers. Buy some cheap light grey garage floor paint and keep it mopped. Buy some coveralsl for the crew and make them look nice just for the pics. buy some cheap engine stands instead of the "not so nice to oil pans" floor. Don't post pics of employees looking like slackers (eyes closed) and greasy- it is a reflection on the kind of work you do. Pressure wash and armorall you inner fender wells and other places that show up on close-ups. Those little details really sell.

I know what the reality looks like, I see it all the time in my garage at home, but clean up the look for your advertising- it will do wonders. Potential customers will see really clean, really tight, proffessional looking results and want to buy form you, OR... they will see the pics you posted and decide to save some money doing it themselves.

Not trying to bash, just some feedback.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sky7)

I just looked through the pics one more time and thought I would bitch a little more. Don't rest sh*t on customer windshields, and hit that hoist with a quick sand and some shiny red. Clean up the desk and tool areas.

I promise!!!! it's those details that will have customers running to you or running away- your choice.

Quick Reply: Rapid Performance EG engine swap and a few other random pics