Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

racingbrake slotted Rotors vs. Brembo slotted rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racingbrake slotted Rotors vs. Brembo slotted rotors?

Hi...

I'm about to get some new brake rotors. I can get Brembo slotted rotors for $320, and the Racingbrake slotted rotors for $200. The shop tels me that the Racingbrake rotors is much better then the Brembo's. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: racingbrake slotted Rotors vs. Brembo slotted rotors? (ComCool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ComCool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi...

I'm about to get some new brake rotors. I can get Brembo slotted rotors for $320, and the Racingbrake slotted rotors for $200. The shop tels me that the Racingbrake rotors is much better then the Brembo's. Can anyone confirm this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

320 or 200 is a lot of money for rotors, they are basically a peice of metal, with slotted these are regular blanks that people took and cut slots in, as long as the standard rotors is of good quality the slotted should be the same.

Personally I would not bother, Slotted helps keeps your pads clean when under heavy use and on the street there is really no real benifit, and even on the track most people do not use them, I have been using both brembo and auto zone blanks and both have held up well under the heavy brakeing I do on track.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: racingbrake slotted Rotors vs. Brembo slotted rotors? (Solracer)

Well actually RacingBrake do it all themselves and balance the rotors when they have been slotted. http://www.racingbrake.com/matrix.html
Old 02-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If they are making there own blanks and are then slotting themselves that I would guess they are pretty decent quality, I still thkn 200 is too much for any rotor, but thats jsut me I go through rotors about once a year so 11.00 each from autozone works for me
Old 02-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is an obscene amount of money to pay for rotors. I bought the powerslot slotted rotors for less than $100 i think. They were Brembo blanks with the slots CNC'd. There wasn't any noticable difference between them and regular Brembo blanks, which is what I'll be purchasing this time around ($29 ea. in the sponsor section). If you look into the RR forum, you'll see that they run autozone cheapies becuase they'll go through a set a weekend.