Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Racing Ticket....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing Ticket....

y0 no technical question really just curious..... well i got a ticket the other day for racing on a highway "even though it was a local main road in my city" i guess thats what they call it... Well the cop was a HUGEEE DICK... but, he didnt have me on video nor did he have me on radar.. he just said that he heard me an seen my fly by with 2 other cars "which is bullshit cuz i wasnt even racing lol"... but if i dont win in court im wondering if anyone else has ever had this ticket an if so what were the consequences for losing..... thanks..
Old 12-16-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (JDM_SOHC)

Not sure what happens if you loose in Florida, you're gonna have to check you're local laws. I know it Cali you don't even get a ticket if you're caught racing, they will take your car and crush it. Anyways, I suggest you just accept the consciences cause you will never beat a cop in court unless you have a ROCK solid case. And saying "I wasn't racing" isn't gonna win. And next time this goes in GDD instead of here.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just accept the punishment...u dont have a chance in court..and btw dont run from them..i found that out the hard way what happens..
Old 12-16-2005, 04:06 PM

fuckkkkk it dunt worrie about the ticket.... dont even go to court that **** seem stupidd!!! just rip he ticket and call it a dayyy!!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: (CRX Junkie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Junkie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just accept the punishment...u dont have a chance in court..and btw dont run from them..i found that out the hard way what happens..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, running from the cops is called eluding. If you are caught, it's a criminal offense. Judges usually lay down the hammer to shitbags that elude the police.

As for the poster, just go to court, and hope that the charge can get dropped to a lower charge... I suggest you dress nicely and be polite and speak english better than you do in this post..
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
EJ7

Here if you're no longer a minor, they suspend your license til 25 and impound your car, you can get it out for 1/4 of the value, if you do so immediately. It's not so bad.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The consequences of losing this case are not good. Possibly impoundment or confiscation of your vehicle, and license suspension can result.

You have to find out what a legal definition of "street racing" or "racing" is in your jurisdiction, and prove that you weren't doing it.

Based on what little you've told us, here are my questions...

How many police vehicles were involved when you first got pulled over? How many officers in/on the vehicle(s) tended to you? If this was a one-car, one-cop situation, that will weigh more heavily in your favor.

What kind of street and time of day are you accused of "racing" on? If there are any shop owners or other potential witnesses who can say that a "racing event" never took place, then it's another argument for you.

What kind of call-in did the cop make? Find out what is required by Officers when they encounter a street race, and find out if he broke protocol. If it were a real "racing event", then why was he the only one involved, and why did he only choose your vehicle? Try to get him to talk about, with as much detail as possible, the other 2 vehicles AND DRIVERS involved in the "race". Any hesitancy during his answer should be pointed out to the judge/jury, particularly if "street racing" is a rare event in that part of town. The jurisdiction's conviction record on street racing should also be pointed out if this is the case. Try to see if you can get any data on the frequency of street racing complaints.

Find out what the Officer was doing before he pulled you over. How did he happen upon this "race", and at what point during the "race" did he first notice it? Were there any resident/business complaints? Any Signal Light, Convenience store, or ATM cameras that might show the path in question? Do you have Telemetry? Try to get conclusive proof that a "race" never took place.

Ask about what "position" your vehicle was in when he pulled you over. Why did the other 2 get away? If he says you were trailing the other 2, then you might be able to argue that it was because you simply weren't "racing". If this is the case, then it might be a good closing point.

If you have a moderately clean record, show it. If you have previous convictions for similar offenses, then keep that **** DL. If you have previous run-ins with this Officer, then use this very carefully, depending on the nature of the situation. If this Officer is "radar happy" with his racing accusations, point this out, especially if he has a poor conviction rate.

Dress respectably, but don't over-do it. Be honest, cool-headed, and wait your turn to speak (unless to legal counsel). You can do all you want with head shaking, arm folding, eye rolling, but don't speak out of turn. Don't even let out a "TCH" or "HAH", as these disruptions can be recorded by the stenographer. If you hear some BS, write that **** down and counter it when you can. I imagine a racing conviction is a serious bunch of bullshit to deal with no matter where you live, so take this stuff seriously and focus on proving your point. The judge/jury will easily see your determination to prove your innocence exceed the Officer's determination to convict, and this weighs heavily in their decisions.

Rip the MF a new *******. If you were simply speeding, then neither contest that point nor mention it. But vehemently deny the racing charge. Remind the court it is the responsibilty of the Plaintiff to prove guilt of the Defendant in a criminal case.

Tell us more about your driving record. Any at-fault accidents? How many violations, and of them, how many for speeding? Any previous racing convictions? Any fix-it tickets for mods/upgrades? Any emissions problems on record? You have to prepare to defend yourself for if/when the prosecutors come at you with this ****.

Keep us in the know as to how this turns out. If you truly weren't racing, then work hard at proving it... there will be a way.

Empower yourself with The Truth, and you will fear nothing. GL!
JasonGhostz
Old 12-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (JasonGhostz)

make sure you ask for a supporting depositon(this is his written account of what happened and a pain in the *** for him to fill out,see if you can use anything he says against him, this way he cant change his story at court you can come up with stuff to counter his claims), and if this doesnt look good- call a couple days before court and make up some excuse why you cant come that day, then keep postponing it until they say its your last postponement, this could be a couple months to years from now, that cop probably wont show up and you will get off, ive done ths numerous times. good luck
Old 12-16-2005, 04:54 PM

WOW great reply im sure that will help him a lot. are u in law?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:02 PM

i suggest getting a lawyer. after fines, court costs, and insurance rate increases, it'll be cheaper. the right lawyer will get you out of some ****.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not sure what happens if you loose in Florida, you're gonna have to check you're local laws. I know it Cali you don't even get a ticket if you're caught racing, they will take your car and crush it. Anyways, I suggest you just accept the consciences cause you will never beat a cop in court unless you have a ROCK solid case. And saying "I wasn't racing" isn't gonna win. And next time this goes in GDD instead of here. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:25 PM
TOASTYYY!!

I recently just came to the conclusion of my court hearings and what not for this very thing. I got a ticket for racing on highway with one of my friends. He plead guilty and he got hammered. they took his license away for a year and has to take a bunch of classes. I on the other hand hand plead not guilty paid 40 bones for the public defender and now all I have is twenty hours community service and one defensive driving course. And to top it off when I get it all taken care of it gets erased from my record. So I wont have to pay out the *** for insurance. Just plead not guilty and if you can afford it get the public defender. I dont know about your city but my public defender actually did his job and got me off the hook for the most part.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (b33r-ninj4)

wats the actual offense, i got caught racing and it was considered reckless speedin @ 110 but they lowered it to speeding and 85, funny sht was that on the tiket it sed 110 but when i spoke to the judge shes like "u were doin 85, why were u going so fast" i was like, yup 85. 250 fine
Old 12-16-2005, 08:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

If you wish to fight it I can give you a fool proof way of beating it.

I am going to charge you for the info as a lawyer would (just not as much) as I did much research on this and beat a ticket like it in the appeals court. The reason I had to appeal is the local city Judge here has a personal issue with me.

I actually embarrassed the cop as there was no way they could be prepared for the defense I have prepared for this situation.

You lose the case and show me you used the info I provided and I will refund you every last nickle.

..................................If interested pm me and we can discuss it.

Good Luck against the cop without any defense other than your word.
E.Honda
Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (E.Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E.Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good Luck against the cop without any defense other than your word.
E.Honda</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell me about it, in situations like this.. You will always lose.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell me about it, in situations like this.. You will always lose.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I swear I can provide info to beat the ticket hands down.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tell him you have a single cam and wasnt racing
Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E.Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I swear I can provide info to beat the ticket hands down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PM me, I'd like to hear this. Not that this has ever happened to me, I'm just curious.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:49 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PM me, I'd like to hear this. Not that this has ever happened to me, I'm just curious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This info is priceless, However I can scan the paper from the court showing I won the appeal defending myself.

.............E.Honda
Old 12-16-2005, 08:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E.Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This info is priceless, However I can scan the paper from the court showing I won the appeal defending myself.

.............E.Honda</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right on. Also, if you could PM me every little detail about this, I'm curious to know exactly what happened and exactly what you did to win this.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Right on. Also, if you could PM me every little detail about this, I'm curious to know exactly what happened and exactly what you did to win this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No offense but this info goes noplace for free.

E.Honda
Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he wants $$ for that info, its top secret information
Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E.Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No offense but this info goes noplace for free.

Like I said, this hasn't happened to me I'm just curious to know. And you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that will pay you for the said information.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Racing Ticket.... (92eg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92eg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he wants $$ for that info, its top secret information</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not top secret but under the circumstances it is a no win situation for the courts or cops with my defense. I am 38 year and have driven fast cars and bikes all my life. I had to learn a few things along the way to deal with the tickets. This defense is amazing and even the Judge will be impressed with the effort you have in this defense.

E.Honda
Old 12-16-2005, 09:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E.Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not top secret but under the circumstances it is a no win situation for the courts or cops with my defense. I am 38 year and have driven fast cars and bikes all my life. I had to learn a few things along the way to deal with the tickets. This defense is amazing and even the Judge will be impressed with the effort you have in this defense.

Again, I highly doubt anyone will pay for this information. And, on top of that.. It's not even a for-sure thing, it COULD not work. Sure, it may be really good but it still has a chance of not working.