Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Racing seat belt harness necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Racing seat belt harness necessary?

Originally Posted by Libertariat
Unless you have a roll cage and are wearing a helmet full-time in your car, a race harness is more dangerous than a 3 point seat belt.

The 3 point is designed to push you to the middle of the car and down when the car rolls in an accident. With a 4 point harness, if you roll the car you're just going to get your spine broken in 15 places.
X2^^
Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H22AFerio
X2^^
x3

i have a racing wheel, and i have a 4-point harness, its fed threw the holes in my racing seat, then it is permanently attached to the roll cage,and this is all in my dd, oh and i have a helmet that sits in the backseat for the track.....i use my stock seatbelt for the dd

i have also been in an accident, as a matter of fact i was "at fault" and im a very good cautious driver. but you cannot predict everything, the bus that did not throw on his flashers to indicate a stop, followed by two cars then my self, the bus stops first guy slides on ice stops a few feet short of the bus, the next driver slides and stops inches from the other driver and i slide into the other guy and make contact at about 5mph.... all of us has at least 3 cars maybe more between us and were doing 25mph, there was no indecation of ice on the road, just a slick spot of black ice......**** happens and your stock belt is fine
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottdh20
x3

i have a racing wheel, and i have a 4-point harness, its fed threw the holes in my racing seat, then it is permanently attached to the roll cage,and this is all in my dd, oh and i have a helmet that sits in the backseat for the track.....i use my stock seatbelt for the dd

i have also been in an accident, as a matter of fact i was "at fault" and im a very good cautious driver. but you cannot predict everything, the bus that did not throw on his flashers to indicate a stop, followed by two cars then my self, the bus stops first guy slides on ice stops a few feet short of the bus, the next driver slides and stops inches from the other driver and i slide into the other guy and make contact at about 5mph.... all of us has at least 3 cars maybe more between us and were doing 25mph, there was no indecation of ice on the road, just a slick spot of black ice......**** happens and your stock belt is fine
Very good point! anything can happen in a blink of an eye an accident is an accident that's why they call it an accident because it was never meant to happen! but any who, the factory seats are also meant to break under certain types of impacts as well. when I got rear ended by a ford excursion and pushed under another car in my civic hatch the hinge on the seat broke and the seat belt allowed enough slack for the seat to lay down it was prob the only thing the kept me alive because the car in front of me that I got pushed under had its rear bumper through my front wind shield where my head was have been if the belt didn't have any give in it.. just sayin