Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside

We made one of these for the hell of it. We are still working on the details as far as shape and hardware goes but we're thinking of producing these in sets. This is just a prototype. I know the factory pieces don't weigh much anyway but they look cool and nobody has done this that I know of. Let me know what you think. Also I forgot to mention they are adjustable for tension in both of the moveable directions.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:22 PM

Yuck. It's completely useless and looks extremely tacky. Also, I don't know if this is just paranoia but, I don't like the idea of a sharp carbon fiber edge infront of my forehead when the visor is down.

EDIT: What ever happened with the rumor of you guys making a hood for the EG? Any truth to it?
Old 10-29-2003, 01:23 PM

Looks good.

Just a suggestion; I think it would look cleaner if the corners are more oval like, like factory. Instead of just a clean cut slant.

Nice work tho!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:25 PM

Default Re: (schism)

that might be the gayest most useless waste of money ever! but then again, those sun visors sure are heavy . . .
Old 10-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (schism)

good luck selling them, i wouldnt rock it
Old 10-29-2003, 01:26 PM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they MIGHT be ok if they had rounded edges like stock. But i think it does look tacky and overdone.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:33 PM

Default Re: (1 point 6)

Not only is it ugly, but you had to post it here and in the apperence forum??!?!

eh, ill be nice

Modified by Kangaroo_Boy at 6:47 PM 10/29/2003
Old 10-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HOW MUCH??? sign me up for two. I like the fact that people think they are ugly. I lost my one of my sun visors, and need a new one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kangaroo_Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not only is it ugly, but you had to post it here and in the appearance forum??!?!

**** that, Stunna </TD></TR></TABLE>
he is a sponsor and defiantly not a stunna

edit: when are you going to make door panels? I just need a couple of flat pieces that can be riveted or screwed on with a hole for the window crank and a hole for the handle.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:50 PM

Default Re: (Kangaroo_Boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kangaroo_Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not only is it ugly, but you had to post it here and in the apperence forum??!?!

**** that, Stunna </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah I can't imagine why. Its on an EG and its purely cosmetic.

Guess what, nobody is forcing you to buy this, hell its not even a product we sell. Just an idea that could happen.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crx12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yah I can't imagine why. Its on an EG and its purely cosmetic.

Guess what, nobody is forcing you to buy this, hell its not even a product we sell. Just an idea that could happen.
</TD></TR></TABLE> please do, at least make me a set for less than $50.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:55 PM

Default Re: (PhucNguyen57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhucNguyen57 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HOW MUCH??? sign me up for two. I like the fact that people think they are ugly. I lost my one of my sun visors, and need a new one.

he is a sponsor and defiantly not a stunna

edit: when are you going to make door panels? I just need a couple of flat pieces that can be riveted or screwed on with a hole for the window crank and a hole for the handle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for not having a stroke over this. We have panels up to 4x5ft for the inside of your doors. I better way to go would be to wait a bit. Joe Housley who runs a 92 EG in the Hot Rod class is having us make some for his 9 second civic. We also made a fron splitter and air dam for his one piece front end.

The splitter portion is not on yet but it will be. It actually planted the car better on the top end of the track since less air was getting under. We are also testing a dashboard on his car.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:00 PM

We also make these for the EG. They are different than what is out there.

Old 10-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for not having a stroke over this. We have panels up to 4x5ft for the inside of your doors. I better way to go would be to wait a bit. Joe Housley who runs a 92 EG in the Hot Rod class is having us make some for his 9 second civic. We also made a fron splitter and air dam for his one piece front end.

The splitter portion is not on yet but it will be. It actually planted the car better on the top end of the track since less air was getting under. We are also testing a dashboard on his car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

One never realizes how much they need sunvisors until one is missing. I think people are afraid to have their own opinion on here anymore. They are just talking **** about the visors because they think other people may not like them as well. A perfect example of this is seen in the recent thread about the carbon fiber hatch for EG's.

This is all good stuff for my stripped down hatch. I just hope I can afford it all. The dash, doors panels, and splitter are all things I'll need eventually. I think it would be cool if they were mass produced instead of custom made "one off" parts. What ever happened to your idea of a carbon hood, the multi-layered one that had wrinkle zones in it, not as pretty, but lighter, stronger and safe? Was the price just too high for the market?

Old 10-29-2003, 02:19 PM

Default Re: (PhucNguyen57)

Actually we are working on stocking many parts. The hood has been discussed but due to funds and other production priorities we won't be able to do it until maybe next year. I need to do cost study to see if we could do them at a decent price. It would be just as you described if we decide to do it. That hood will be pure function.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:20 PM
u0f

Default Re: RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside (crx12)

wow, those sun visors will save lots of weight... j/k
there are alot of people with dirty/faded sun visors that would find these useful.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside (u0f)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by u0f &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
there are alot of people with dirty/faded sun visors that would find these useful.</TD></TR></TABLE> EXACTLY, especially if they are cheaper than new ones from the dealer.

Old 10-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do have a point for replacements if they are cheap but usually you see Carbon Fiber, you automatically assume $$$$$$.

Id like to see some round ones, THEN ill make another decision. But these are definatley tacky looking. No offense.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:47 PM

Default Re: (1 point 6)

the door panels and splitters are one thing, and a good idea, because they actually function, but the sun visor?? that wont do anything but make you fast and furious
Old 10-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kangaroo_Boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kangaroo_Boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the door panels and splitters are one thing, and a good idea, because they actually function, but the sun visor?? that wont do anything but make you fast and furious</TD></TR></TABLE> try driving my car up hill into the sun without one sun visor. I don't drive it on the street very often but my truck is in the body shop and it is damned annoying to drive the civic when the sun is rising or setting. So what if they are "ricey"
Old 10-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would buy it if it was cheap enough

like $20 bucks
Old 10-29-2003, 03:27 PM

those are useless
Old 10-29-2003, 03:31 PM

..wow something ive never emagined having cf.... odd....but neat
Old 10-29-2003, 06:02 PM
tangb2023

Default Re: RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside (al3e)

**** looks hella cool

Old 10-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside (tangb2023)

Looks kinda cool, but I would imagine that it woudl reflect light back at you if the sun was behind you. Also, I would'nt get em because I clip my phone to my sun visors and I need the fatty cloth ones to keep the thing from rattling!!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside (Ricey McRicerton)

i think that you need a new hobby

Quick Reply: RacePlates prototype sun visor set for EG - Pics inside