Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:19 AM
pli
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger

okay. for the jrsc, you have to change oil to the supercharger. there is also a special oil your suppose to use from jackson racing. does anyone know when is it due, to change the oil for it?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy the oil for a cobalt.
same blower
Old 12-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (pli)

I've had a JR supercharger in my Civic for 90K+ miles. Aside from the pulleys going bad, I haven't had any other problems. No one has ever mentioned that the oil needed to be changed. I believe it's a closed system. For the last 4 years, my Civic has been serviced at the old Jackson Racing shop in Westminster.

----- Antony
Old 12-05-2006, 09:31 AM

Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (Ant-man)

odd question, intercoolers pullin air for a turbo correct. can you run an intercooler if you mkae all the intercooler piping fit on the jrsc.. it makes sense in theory to run the piping from the intercooler to the supercharger and then attach a velocity stack air filter to the other end of the intercooler.. let me know cause im thinking it out in my head and its all there.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (oxmark4)

JRSC oils should be good for 100,000 miles or more. You can buy new SC oil from GM if you need it.

It wouldn't make sense to cool air before it goes into the SC, it doesn't get heated up until the SC compresses it. You'd be cooling air to ambient temperature that was already at ambient temperature to begin with.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (rmcdaniels)

Actually, intercooling the air charge to the supercharger is advantageous in the respect that intake manifold temperatures as well as overall engine operating temperature is reduced. Creating this condition maximizes efficiency of the blower, adds measureable notices in performance and lastly, procures a higher ratio of reliability for the engine itself.

Remember folks,
Just Say No to detonation.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (rmcdaniels)

Btw, Blower oil from GM is a good choice.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (ShowtimesDC2)

He's talking about putting a FMIC in fron of the JRSC. That's not intercooling and would just be adding another restriction to the intake, the worst thing that you can do to a JRSC.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: quick question to the people that owns or has owned a jackson racing supercharger (ShowtimesDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShowtimesDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, intercooling the air charge to the supercharger is advantageous in the respect that intake manifold temperatures as well as overall engine operating temperature is reduced. Creating this condition maximizes efficiency of the blower, adds measureable notices in performance and lastly, procures a higher ratio of reliability for the engine itself.

Remember folks,
Just Say No to detonation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong type of blower to be doing that.