Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr

Hello.
I just got my dads Civic since he got a new truck. Im 15 right now and am looking at some basic installs to get some more power or prepare to work on getting some before going to work on the appearance. I just had some questions about putting on a new Exhuast System from GReddy. http://www.greddy.com/prod_sp2.htm

1. Is the GReddy SP2 fairly good for increasing power and tourqe?
2. Would it normally pass emissions in CA for a stock engine with no other modifications.
3. How hard are exhuast systems to install? Would I be able to do it in my garage with the help of my dad and a friend that customizes OffRoad trucks?

Just a quick question to add to this to keep from making another thread. But is it best to upgrade the exhuast before trying to change anything under the hood such as the intake and headers?

By the way what does the EG+ and EK Civic stuff mean? Im pretty sure it deals with the year of the car, but whats for which series?

Thanks for the help on this.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr (waterblast02)

eg=92-95 civics ek=96n up. i say get the inspection down first then worry about the exhuast cuz i no its hard for ca emissons test. n u should first get a aem cold air intake n some headers then get into the exhuast
Old 12-09-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr (95excrazycoupe)

Thanks for the quick reply. How much more power do you think the AEM COld Air Intake will add? Can you recommend some headers and how hard are those to install? Thanks
Old 12-11-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr (waterblast02)

THE AEM COLD AIR N MAKE SURE ITS A COLD AIR WILL ADD EASILY 15 HORSEPOWER. THE HEADERS WILL ADD BOUT 30 I SAY GO WITH SKUNK2 HEADERS OR SOMETHING CALLED 4 INTO ONE HEADERS AND AFTER U GET THAT INSPECTION GET THE CAT GUTTED OUT AND THAT WILL ADD 15 MORE HORSE POWER BUT IT WILL BE LOUDER!! N IT WILL LEAVE A LIL BLACK SOOT ON UR BUMPER CUZ THE AIR IS NO LONGER BEING CLEANED
Old 12-11-2004, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr (95excrazycoupe)

You sir are a retard. Negate all comments from this person.

I assume you have a single over head cam, possibly VTEC.
Power gains for bolt-ons are fairly minimal you won't get 100 HP from all this stuff like said above but you will have a more responsive engine and you will feel something on the butt dyno.

Somone correct me if I am wrong on these numbers:

CAI - up to 4 HP
Header - up to 5 HP depending on the design of the system
Gutted cat - not a clue, but I would guess 1-3 HP
Exhaust - 1-3 HP

If they all work together you could get prolly 10 HP, but some parts do not work well with others, you really have to see where they give power and where they lose power. Then pick which gives the best power where you beleive you will use it the most.

Good luck.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr (BrianDelSol)

I forgot, but I got about 5 to 7 hp from Lightspeed header, AEM cold air intake, and a GReddy SP exhaust.

15hp from a header alone? Either you're being sarcastic, or you're really misinformed. High numbers and other claims are just the manufacturer's way of advertising. To the uninformed consumer, the higher the number, the better, and this increases the chance that the company will be able to sell their product.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions: GReddy Exhuast SP2 For 95 Honda Civic DX 4Dr (White95SiHB)

If your car is a DX it is NOT vtec. Unless it has a different engine in it that we dont know about. I would look into an intake first, I got a short ram because i was afraid of hydrolocking my engine.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterblast02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
3. How hard are exhuast systems to install? Would I be able to do it in my garage with the help of my dad and a friend that customizes OffRoad trucks?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, pretty straight forward. a few bolts here and there, some basic tools and some muscle oughta do it.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterblast02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
2. Would it normally pass emissions in CA for a stock engine with no other modifications.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends I think more on what kind of condition the cat is in. Also, make sure if you get an air intake soon, make sure it is Ca legal. AEM!!