Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive?

Hey I have a quick question, in the state of Washington, do you have to pay insurance on a car that you are working on, or a car that never leaves the garage or driveway? Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (nicko360)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicko360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey I have a quick question, in the state of Washington, do you have to pay insurance on a car that you are working on, or a car that never leaves the garage or driveway? Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't believe you do, but you become liable for any damages. Say a drunk driver rolls up on your property and smashes into it, you're liable for the damages.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
New medicines

Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't believe you do, but you become liable for any damages. Say a drunk driver rolls up on your property and smashes into it, you're liable for the damages.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not if hes at fault (in texas...) but no not unless there is a loan on the car.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't believe you do, but you become liable for any damages. Say a drunk driver rolls up on your property and smashes into it, you're liable for the damages.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well if the drunk driver gets away then your **** out of luck
but if you catch him than his insurance will have to pay you or go to court
for property damage
Old 01-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (i heart Vans)

In ga i don't think you have to.

How old are you? See how much basic shitbomb liability is for you.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In ga i don't think you have to.

How old are you? See how much basic shitbomb liability is for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I pay $45 a month. I make more than twice that in a day.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (ek forever guy)

yeah im 16 and im trying to keep my mom from bitchin about paying insurance if i keep a project car in the driveway and don't drive it
Old 01-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (nicko360)

If your not driving it you dont need to pay insurance for it, but in some states (like Cali) you need insurance to have up to date tags/registration, so you cant legally park it on the street. My car has been down for about a year now and havent paid insurance since, its just been sitting in the backyard being worked on slowly.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicko360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah im 16 and im trying to keep my mom from bitchin about paying insurance if i keep a project car in the driveway and don't drive it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take it from me, your mom has less of a problem with a car sitting in her driveway, and has more of a problem with you building a car.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No you do not have to carry insurance on a car you dont drive. I live in Washington and I know this for sure because I did the same thing a few months ago. If something does happen to your car though then you are liable for damages. You also dont need insurance to get license plates or tags.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
* B A N N E D *

Take it from me, your mom has less of a problem with a car sitting in her driveway, and has more of a problem with you building a car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong, she wouldn't let me buy this sick *** 200sx and let it sit a couple months till i went to court for my tickets, she told me she'd rather have something i can fix up .... go figure
Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicko360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wrong, she wouldn't let me buy this sick *** 200sx and let it sit a couple months till i went to court for my tickets, she told me she'd rather have something i can fix up .... go figure</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your mom's a kook then My mother had a massive problem with my accord, said I was a street racer, blah blah blah. Best part is, she loves my Civic. Maybe because it's not flat to the ground with a blaring exhaust .... but we were all 16 once.

And I hate to split hairs .... but there has never been a "sick *** 200sx" ... not in the history of man.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM
* B A N N E D *

it was a deal and a half though i could have turned it around and made 8 grand
http://seattle.craigslist.org/....html
it could have stomped a lotta hondas
Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicko360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it was a deal and a half though i could have turned it around and made 8 grand
http://seattle.craigslist.org/....html
it could have stomped a lotta hondas</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not worth $8000, no matter how much work. 200SX's are ugly as sin.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's not worth $8000, no matter how much work. 200SX's are ugly as sin.</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahahahaaaaa...
Old 01-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: Question: Do you have to pay insurance on a car you do not drive? (Harryflores)

That's not worth $8000, no matter how much work. 200SX's are ugly as sin. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's not worth $8000, no matter how much work. 200SX's are ugly as sin. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's not worth $8000, no matter how much work. 200SX's are ugly as sin. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in NC you have to pay insurance if a car is tagged and titled.

if you dont you will get a nasty fine for "lapse of insurance"

so just turn in your tag and drop insurance, then reinstate when car is driveable