Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

question about titling a "no title" vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about titling a "no title" vehicle

found a crx for a deal, had hood,fender,bumper,headlight damage. the guy selling it bought it just for parts for his crx. when he bought it, it had no title. i was thinkin about buying it, i love crx's so i thought this would be a great project, but was just wondering if there was any way possible to eventually get a "lost title" or "salvaged title" i did a search and only thing that came up on the pages and pages of search returns were clean title, salvage title, no title, but nothing on how to turn a "no title" into something that i could register......... anybody have a clue if/how i could do this, or is it out of the question??
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Re: question about titling a "no title" vehicle (delslowhonda)

I was sorta in the same predicument. I found a 1984 red Toyota Corolla GT-S in some mechanics lot with a blown motor. He told me he would give it up for $150...yes I SAID $150!! The car was pretty much immaculate on the outside..no rust, no dents, some minor tear on the front seats...but besides that, it was NICE. He wasn't able to furnish the vehicle title because he somewhat "misplaced" it. I was afraid to buy it.... then finding out at the DMV office that the car is STOLEN. I have better things to do than trying to explain myself why I bought a stolen vehicle from someone. Now that I think about it...I should have bought it anyways and just drive it on the track/road courses UNTITLED.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:43 AM

Default Re: question about titling a "no title" vehicle (NVturbo)

bummer on that story, this car isn't stolen i don't believe. is there some way to look up the vin number to see if it wasn't stolen? besides paying carfax fee for a month, i'd hate to pay there service just for one vehicle to lookup. i'm only considering this car because i can get it for 2 or 3hundred bux.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:45 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

you can try to post up that VIN number..I'm sure someone in here should be able to pull it up for you for FREE. Good luck bro.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:19 AM

thanks man. i thought of nothing else i could make it a track car, but i'm not aware of any tracks around here, other than just the ones they'll setup maybe once a yr in a parking lot somewhere. i was hoping there was a way to get a salvage title or something of that nature.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Me and my cousing had the same problem he bought a nx with no title and waht we did was, we went to dmv and fill up a title look up application so theysend us a paper saying who was thelast owner and **** so we contact the last owner and made him sign transfer of ownership application and then have a notary sign it then he is gona register the car.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Re: question about titling a "no title" vehicle (sit22 II)

so when he got his title was it salvaged or what? i'd hate to buy this car, and find out maybe it was salvaged long ago and then halfway fixed since then or something. i have fixed salvaged title cars, took a long process waiting titles and whatnot, but just not sure if i could get this fixable to tag and insure and drive on the road.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:48 AM

little bump before i head out. anybody that's went through maybe gettin a lost title vehicle titled for street driving?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well he dint register the car but he has all the papers ready, but yea when u get the name from the last owner try to get in toch wit him dmv will tell u to send him a certify letter saying that u bough the car and **** but we did do that couse the last owner was in townso we whent to his house andtalk to him and he sign paper saying that he was transfering the car to him
did u try carfax to see the condition of the car there is a couple on general disscution rite now
Old 07-02-2006, 02:55 PM

what do you mean a couple on general discussion? i don't have the vin number. the one for sale is a friend of a friends, been trying to get ahold of him so i can get the vin number, but can't reach him yet.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just take a drive where the car is at and get the vin from the windshied
Old 07-02-2006, 10:39 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sit22 II &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just take a drive where the car is at and get the vin from the windshied </TD></TR></TABLE>that's what I would do to. And for some odd reason he gets all pissed about you running a check on the VIN #...you definitely know something is wrong.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:18 AM

i'll try to get ahold of my buddy, and see where his buddy is then, so i can get the vin number. just hope it's nothing stolen so i could eventually title it.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Banned

Modified by CardDealer at 9:41 AM 11/16/2006
Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Re: question about titling a "no title" vehicle (schlit)

yeah. see i'd never fork over the cash without a title, that's why i was asking so many questions. i'd be willing to pick the dude up and drive him to go get a title issued to him or what have you. as long as i had a title in my hand when i bought it. ah, i just may say forget about it. just thought it would be a cheap project car for me.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:20 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

doesnt your state have a DMV or something? It seems to me they would know a LOT more about how you try and get a title than anyone on here.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:10 AM

Here in AZ you can apply for an abandoned vehicle title, I'm pretty sure it turns into just a regular title. At any rate, after you get one it is all legal and insureable.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesnt your state have a DMV or something? It seems to me they would know a LOT more about how you try and get a title than anyone on here.</TD></TR></TABLE>He was just asking if anyone one of us has dealt with the same issue. TALKING to those DMV clerks is not something you would want to do...unless you have no life or you like staying "ON-hold" for hours on end. DMV sucks!!! F*ck building new roads...hire some more DMV employees and build more registration/license offices!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: (NVturbo)

exactly what nvturbo said. and when you go to their offices, they're uber rude.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

Default Re: (delslowhonda)

Modified by CardDealer at 9:41 AM 11/16/2006
Old 07-03-2006, 02:57 PM

ok just want to let you know that is how i got my car a 97 civic with no tittle for 1200 with 137 thousand miles on it this is what th dmv doesnt want you to know. ok this is what you have to do first make sure the car is not stolen yourself to save you the trouble take the vin to the police department and tell them to do a national scan and git the owners name and address that has the title after you do that go to the dmv but you have to go to the theft and recovery agancy and ask for a indimity bond then you will have to fill out questions on the indimity bond about how you got it and who you got it from and so on ok after you fill it out then you have to go to your insuarnce agancy and get a bond on the car for 1 and 1 half of what the car is worth if your insurance company dosent do it find another it is just for if the owner shows up with the tittle and takes you to court they will give him the bond that you paid for instead of giving him the car ok after you do that take it back up to the theft and recovery agancy and get an inspector to inspect it after that he will give you a peace of paper with your indimity bond and you go get tags for it PS. i got my title in 4 weeks i got a steel hu
Old 07-03-2006, 03:00 PM

o and another thing the tittle is not salvage

Old 07-03-2006, 03:05 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Default Re: (cashshoes)

Yeah..that's a lot to just do...to save a buck or two. The only thing I would be scared of is trying to explain to those fools that I didn't steal the damn car!!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 03:10 PM

when you got to the police department tell them you already bought the car and the guy never gave you the title and they will tell you if it is stolen and who has the title they told me every thing
Old 07-03-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: (cashshoes)

but you're saving way more than a buck or two. he got a 97 for 1200, i'd say that's more than saving a couple bucks. hey CASHSHOES, email me or holler at me on aim. i want to ask you a few more questions but don't want to waste up more space keeping this thread going.

Quick Reply: question about titling a "no title" vehicle