Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

question about stock color and title?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about stock color and title?

i have a 94 civic ex 4 dr the color code is phantom pearl grey but the title says black? also when i had it serviced they say that the color is black on the bill why is this? can anyone help. car has never been repainted
Old 08-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about stock color and title? (ablack934doorcivic)

Oh my god. What do you want us to do? Go to the dealer and tell them "THIS IS NOT BLACK. THIS IS PHANTOM GREY PEARL!!!!"
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about stock color and title? (duggy)

yo dick i was just wondering why they would be diffrent? Don't be such an ***
Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

PPG is really close to black.
is this a big deal? no. if you're really concerned have the dealership change it.

odd though since no car has ever had the simple color black. At least not in the last 35+ years.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: question about stock color and title? (ablack934doorcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablack934doorcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo dick i was just wondering why they would be diffrent? Don't be such an *** </TD></TR></TABLE>
Because someone looked at the car, thought it appeared black, and mistakenly entered black as the color instead of gray.

It's not important. The police are not going to impound your car just because the color on your receipt is listed as black instead of Phantom Gray Pearl.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: question about stock color and title? (Targa250R)

well, what does it say on your cars title?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:28 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: question about stock color and title? (delslowly93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delslowly93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, what does it say on your cars title?</TD></TR></TABLE>
It doesn't matter what it says on the title.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: question about stock color and title? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Because someone looked at the car, thought it appeared black, and mistakenly entered black as the color instead of gray.

It's not important. The police are not going to impound your car just because the color on your receipt is listed as black instead of Phantom Gray Pearl.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not the reason at all actually, it probably is phantom gray pearl...but everybody knows it as "black" -- since what, early 70's? No car has actually been straight anything... There is no stock "blue" - it's always "daytona blue" or something of the sort, but on a registration they can't put "phantom gray pearl" as the paint color, because that would just confuse the **** outta people, so the classify it into the simple color spectrum, green, yellow, orange, silver, etc., not navaho white and feldspar...needs to be something simple, blcak u can show with 2 letters, BK, or BL, (blue), or Si (silver), etc. etc. etc.

Cars aren't juts "blue" - they're something else, if you want the straight color, you have to have it repainted from stock. Is there much of a difference between aftermarket "black" paint or stock "phantom pearl gray" paint, probably not visiable to your nor me O.o

Well, hope that made sense....if ur repainting it, go with the paint code, b/c that's the exact color...but if somebody asks u for insurance..dont' say "phantom pearl gray" or some stupid **** like that...it's ****** black...

Whatever your registration says...

BK - black
BL - Blue
yellow?
orange?
RD - red

etc. etc so on and so forth until you name all the basic colors (black, white, orange, red, yellow, green, blue, probably purple, silver, gold, and I'm sure there's some others..) - acronyms for each, that's what's on your registration, that's what's on your inspection, that's what's on your insurance..for all tenths and purposes...that's the color of your car...

Hope that makes sense
Old 08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend's car color is midnight blue (black with a hint of blue flake). The title says blue even though it looks black at every angle and time of day.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (fizix_skate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fizix_skate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend's car color is midnight blue (black with a hint of blue flake). The title says blue even though it looks black at every angle and time of day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt it's an error...it's probably just a really really deep shade of blue.

EDIT:
PS: they get the "blue" on your registration from the VIN # or if you've had it repainted then observation or what you tell them, so it's what the manufacturer calls it basically...
Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I doubt it's an error...it's probably just a really really deep shade of blue.

EDIT:
PS: they get the "blue" on your registration from the VIN # or if you've had it repainted then observation or what you tell them, so it's what the manufacturer calls it basically...</TD></TR></TABLE>
I never said it was an error. He had it painted midnight blue (literally blue flake on black paint). Then he called the dmv and insurance about the paint job. Both said it's fine since blue is in the color name.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fizix_skate)

thanks for the info your right it does look black . and the title says black