Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about JDM EG6 Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about JDM EG6 Cluster

I just recently purchased a 92 SI hatch that has an EG6 white faced gauge cluster in it. The question i have is...I've noticed the cluster does not have a fuel light. Like the usdm ones that tell you that your fuel is low... Is this the same with other people with the EG6 cluster? TIA
Old 10-20-2004, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EG's have fuel lights?!!?!

lol.. mine sure in hell doesnt/didint and i now have a jdm cluster to.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:36 AM

Default Re: (Blind Fashion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blind Fashion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EG's have fuel lights?!!?!

lol.. mine sure in hell doesnt/didint and i now have a jdm cluster to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea since the car came with the JDM one... I never had the USDM cluster (Had a CB7 before and those came with fuel lights)
Old 10-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they dont have fuel lights. :-P
Old 10-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they dont have fuel lights, and if your fuel guage is funky it sucks (cause mine is) i just go 200 miles and fill it
Old 10-20-2004, 04:22 AM

I just swapped an EG9 cluster on my DX and it has a low fuel indicator light, but i dont know if it will work since I just filled up my tank yesterday. It even has open door/trunk indicator light lol! although mine is a hatchback but I still wired it so it works (front only and trunk)

Old 10-20-2004, 05:58 AM

Default Re: (K I T T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K I T T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just swapped an EG9 cluster on my DX and it has a low fuel indicator light, but i dont know if it will work since I just filled up my tank yesterday. It even has open door/trunk indicator light lol! although mine is a hatchback but I still wired it so it works (front only and trunk)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got an EJ and it doesnt have that. maybe the jdm SI EG has it.. but i doubt the usdm ones have it
Old 10-20-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Question about JDM EG6 Cluster (spankey167)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spankey167 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just recently purchased a 92 SI hatch that has an EG6 white faced gauge cluster in it. The question i have is...I've noticed the cluster does not have a fuel light. Like the usdm ones that tell you that your fuel is low... Is this the same with other people with the EG6 cluster? TIA</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think any of our USDM one's have a fuel light either. But it's odd that your JDM (if it is JDM and not some aftermarket white-faced gauge) cluster should have the gas light right under the fuel gauge, far left indicator, just left of the CEL.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K I T T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just swapped an EG9 cluster on my DX and it has a low fuel indicator light, but i dont know if it will work since I just filled up my tank yesterday. It even has open door/trunk indicator light lol! although mine is a hatchback but I still wired it so it works (front only and trunk)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have power windows/locks on your car? If you don't, I don't understand how you got the open-door indicators to work. I've done that using EX doors (with power windows/locks) and the TCS white-faced gauged cluster, but I had to draw my own line from the EX doors to the gague cluster and pin it in myself. The EX doors were used because they had the door sensor-thing inside at the bottom rear corner.

Modified by JDM JNKI at 11:59 AM 10/20/2004
Old 10-21-2004, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Question about JDM EG6 Cluster (JDM JNKI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM JNKI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you have power windows/locks on your car? If you don't, I don't understand how you got the open-door indicators to work. I've done that using EX doors (with power windows/locks) and the TCS white-faced gauged cluster, but I had to draw my own line from the EX doors to the gague cluster and pin it in myself. The EX doors were used because they had the door sensor-thing inside at the bottom rear corner.

Modified by JDM JNKI at 11:59 AM 10/20/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont have power windows and my powerlocks are aftermarket.

For the hatch, the signal comes from the 2nd pin but the JDM cluster didnt have anything connecting to it so I soldered a piece of wire on to the PCB and run it to the LED (-). The (+) was connected to the (+)ign. And for the doors, I ran a wire to the door switches. It was easy for me coz I already had a wire running from the doors coz I have an alarm. Pretty bitchy to do but it was worth it! I was going to do a write up but I don't know if any1 would be interested.