Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about an intake in my hatch.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 03:22 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Question about an intake in my hatch.

I just recently bought a 92 CX because I just recently totaled my 95 Accord EX (check my sig). I'm thinking of putting the motor (F22B1) from the Accord into my hatch. My question is, I have an Iceman CAI and was wondering if this would fit in the hatch with the swap or should I sell it and get something like an ITR CAI. Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 06:38 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (TouringAccord)

Come on. If you guys are wondering if I searched the answer is yes. No where could I find anything that said if an Accord intake would fit a Hatch engine bay with a F22B1 motor in it. I did see that someone had put an ITR CAI on a H22 hatch. Just wondering what you guys thought. I'm new to Civics so I'm not to sure about a few things and this is one of them. So if you guys or ladies could give some help that would be great. TIA
Old 01-21-2004, 03:55 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Anyone?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do they even make mounts for f22 in a civic?
as for the intake it's an easy mod just see if it fits.
if it doesn't fit then get a new 1
Old 01-21-2004, 04:11 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (shepworldwide)

totally.. the intake should be the least of your worries concerning that swap. Make sure the swap will work in your civic first... engine bay space may be an issue.

If the intake does not fit, sell it and get another one.

my .02
Old 01-21-2004, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (kKdARIAN)

i would look into and see if the engine even fits and if somehow it does then i would get a different intake
Old 01-21-2004, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (ej1 coop)

Sell the F22 and get a motor that more easily fits IMO. Also I think that motor is too heavy for the EG IMO again.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (92BlackSi)

Seriously? If you are going to spend all that $ on swapping in an F series, the intake should be the LEAST if your worries.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:09 AM

The F22 intake will not work unless you modify it. When I installed an H22 in a hatch, I just used a civic si intake. And if I remember correctly, the F22 uses the same mounts as the H22, so he should be able to use the H22 mount kits. That is if my memory is any good.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:04 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (youngkow)

wow, sorry, didn't notice anyone had replied.

the mounts are the same as the H22 mounts. If you look at some of the manufactors sites like HASport, they say that the mounts will work for the F22 as well as the H22, H23, F20B. So mounting the motor isn't an issue. The only thing I'm really worried about is wiring. As for the weight issue, a dohc b series is about 100 lbs heavier than a sohc d series (that is in my car now), correct? An H22 is about 85 lbs heavier than the b series, and my F22 is lighter than the H22. So say my motor is somewhere inbetween those two. Just get stiffer spring rates and stiffen the chassis and I should be good. The install would be very similar to an H22 swap, so since people have pit H22's into EG chassis I'm sure I can put the F22 into one. I know not many people are going to agree but this is my choice and this is what I'm going to do. I've read many posts that argue both sides of the very well disgussed H swap vrs. B swap. I'm not trying to start any arguements, I'm just here for some info. A few other reasons why I choose this is because how many F22 EG's have you seen? I have put some work into this motor and don't want to see that be for nothing. I already have this motor so I don't have to buy another motor, just buy the mount kit and axles. Also with 145hp and 147 ft/lb torgue, I feel it would be a nice swap into a lighter chassis.

Anyways, I was just wondering if the intake would fit or not because I'm selling parts and was wondering if I should throw this up for sale as well. And since someone said it would have to mdified, I think I'll just sell it and get something that would fit that chassis. So thank you.

Also, thanks for everyone elses opinion. I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here. Thank you
Old 01-24-2004, 02:02 PM

Well if you can fit a 2.2L in a CX hatch, hopefully you should be able to cram an intake in there too. CXs don't really come with....anything, do they? Powersteering, AC? it might be a little tricky of a swap but sounds pretty interesting.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (DemonHippie)

I have to say I doubt the intake will fit. The reason no one can answer your post is because no one here has used that motor your wanting to put in there.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:38 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (DemonHippie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DemonHippie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if you can fit a 2.2L in a CX hatch, hopefully you should be able to cram an intake in there too. CXs don't really come with....anything, do they? Powersteering, AC? it might be a little tricky of a swap but sounds pretty interesting.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I figure the intake should be the same as what people use in H22 hatches. I don't know what CX's came with. I'm new to Civics, but my CX didn't come with AC or PS. So when I swap the motor I'm just going to get rid of the AC and PS pumps from the F22B1. Thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 10:40 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (BatuKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BatuKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have to say I doubt the intake will fit. The reason no one can answer your post is because no one here has used that motor your wanting to put in there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I didn't think it would fit but I figured I would ask anyway. I thought that maybe with H22's in their hatches would reply and tell me what they used for their intake. The motors are very similar and the intake would be the same. Thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Jer

it should fit. if your intake goes through the hole in the pass side wheel well it will work. im using an AEM cai off a 90-93 accord ex and it fits perfect. the only thing i had to do was cut down the end a few inches because it was sitting EXTEMELY low to the ground.

oh yeah my car is a 93 hatch with a b18c1 motor and a skunk mani.

but as for the weight of the f22, an h22 is only 35lbs heavier than a b18c. its proven. a guy on here took pictures of the complete swaps on a scale to prove it. and if your motor is slightly lighter than the h22 its only going to be say 20 or so lbs heavier.

the weight is not the real problem of h22 swap. its that the engine is a lot taller than a b seris and you can only safely lower the car about 1.5 inches in the front for clearance issues. there is a company now that is actually coming out with a kit to use any bseris tranny on h and f seris motors. you use the stock b seris shift linkage and stock b seris axles. it should be out in about 3 weeks or so. you could go that route or you could find a h22 tranny, the f22 tranny is long and not geared for performance.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hcp mounts at jdmshit.com own joo f hasport
Old 01-25-2004, 03:52 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Question about an intake in my hatch. (GERM)

Thanks for the intake info. I'm not into the slammed look so I don't think I'll be worrying about the clearance that much. Yeah I read about the adapter or whatever it was. I read it in the all motor forum in a thread about F22 all motor. Sounds cool but I like the shifter feel in my Accord over the Civic shifter. I don't but that just me. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:55 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (infamous_hatch)

I like the HASport mounts over the HCP mounts because the HCP tranny mount requires drilling holes.

Also, is this coment from personal expierence or word of mouth. I've heard good thing about both mount kits.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Jer

Default Re: (TouringAccord)

for the shifter feel, it would be the feel of an integra not a civic. d seris trannies dont feel nearly as good as b seris.

Old 01-25-2004, 08:16 PM
mike93eh

f22 in a hatch? why?
ive seen it all now...
Old 01-26-2004, 03:23 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (GERM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GERM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the shifter feel, it would be the feel of an integra not a civic. d seris trannies dont feel nearly as good as b seris.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, I didn't know. This is the first civic I've driven, I've never driven an integra either. I just know I don't like the feel of the shifter thats in there right now and that I liked my Accord shifter much better. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:24 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">f22 in a hatch? why?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not?
Old 01-26-2004, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not that you should be worried about your intake at this point due to the swap you're speaking of, you should get the tube that fits THE CAR. It's going to fit the TB just the same, but the real question is will it be positioned under the hood correctly. Yeah, and uhh...good luck with that swap.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:17 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (JRI94)

Thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 05:53 AM
Jer

go for it man! it will be fun as hell. gobs of low end tq for daily driving. i think that motor makes like 142lbs/ft at 3k.

Quick Reply: Question about an intake in my hatch.