Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about headlihghts???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about headlihghts???

I am going to be getting new headlights for my EK. My 2 choices are Real Type R's or Real SIR's. The only difference is one is a dark housing and the other is an all chrome housing. Which ones should I get? FYI there is about a $250 price difference.

Here are the links: Type R's http://www.passwordjdm.com/pro...D=253

SIR's: http://www.passwordjdm.com/pro...D=253
Old 03-13-2005, 03:21 PM

Get the Type ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr's, they are mad JDM.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (dawrenn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dawrenn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Which ones should I get? FYI there is about a $250 price difference.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are going to be on your vehicle, you have a mind of your own, so make a choice cause you're the one that has to live with it.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (INVALID)

I just wanted to get other peoples opinions. I forgot to post the color of the car. That might make a difference. They will be going on a Silver EK Coupe.

Here is a pic of my car:

Those are DIY Type R's but I messed up on them and did not like the results.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlacoy82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get the Type ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr's, they are mad JDM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heck yeah! I agree with you buddy. Get 'em.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (Red98EX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red98EX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Heck yeah! I agree with you buddy. Get 'em. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yup if you can afford it go for the R dude they have JDM written all over them!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (gabspeed)

dude your headlights look great, plus there blacked like the JDM type-R ones anyway. Why would you spend 250$ or more on headlights that barely look different?

If you have the option, (assuming the chrome ones are cheaper) go with the chrome and black em yourself, i mean ****, for 250$ you can get a HID kit, think about that.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would go for the BLACK HOUSING RRRRRRRR...if me..id buy the imitation ones...cause imma cheap skate..they run for about 90 bucks..i rather save the other 400 from buying the reals ones...use that 400 for other mods@
Old 03-13-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (everlasting1832)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by everlasting1832 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would go for the BLACK HOUSING RRRRRRRR...if me..id buy the imitation ones...cause imma cheap skate..they run for about 90 bucks..i rather save the other 400 from buying the reals ones...use that 400 for other mods@</TD></TR></TABLE>

or DIY

i wouldnt mind being a cheap skate on cosmetic stuff but when it comes to performance and suspension thats a whole new story
Old 03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that black housing looks better
Old 03-13-2005, 08:40 PM

http://www.robearracing.com not real jdm but you cant tell the diff. 150
Old 03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (SPNFEDEJ)

DIY black housing
Old 03-14-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude your headlights look great, plus there blacked like the JDM type-R ones anyway. Why would you spend 250$ or more on headlights that barely look different?

If you have the option, (assuming the chrome ones are cheaper) go with the chrome and black em yourself, i mean ****, for 250$ you can get a HID kit, think about that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vi3t_dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Originally Posted by E dwinbon G
DIY black housing </TD></TR></TABLE>

I already did that and messed up on them. I painted the spot behind the bulb and I could not seal them completly. The reason I want real Type R's is for the City lights.

or DIY

i wouldnt mind being a cheap skate on cosmetic stuff but when it comes to performance and suspension thats a whole new story
Old 04-27-2005, 11:37 AM

This is what someone said about CTR's Its making me think I should have got different headlights

cars that drive on the opposite side of the road are designed to work on that side. The mirrors are opposite, for instance, so on jdm mirrors, the pass side is a normal flat mirror while the drivers side is convex (if you were to put them on our cars).

jdm/edm/whatever lights shine to the left if you're sitting in the car. That is because the road signs and whatnot are on the left side of the road, since thats where they're driving.

simply put: our's shine like /_/_/ while theirs shine like \_\_\

its not horrible, but it does effect things. I noticed I lit up reflectors alot more, be it on the cars I was behind in traffic, or on the lane reflectors on the opposite side of the highway at night (they reflect red). Every now and then, I'd get highbeamed, but not that much. if I was behind someone too close, the light would be going right into their cabin. it'd **** people off sometimes, so I got into the habit of stopping 10ft from the car in front of me. (and my lights were angled down as far as they'd go). But that came in handy in the fast lane on the highway.

but asiandoood is totally right about the blanket of light. I felt the ctrs did a better job of lighting the road than my oem lights (which do as well as the aftermarket lights I have right now).
Old 04-27-2005, 11:44 AM

type r all the way. theres nothing like that jdm look.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.Fantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">type r all the way. theres nothing like that jdm look.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you only go for looks and not function? Did you even read my last post?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (vi3t_dude)

get the R's JDM
Old 04-27-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (Lmgrcivic)

APC with black housing. You cant tell the difference unless you get all up on the housing to see the apc intials which are the size of pin tip. I got em because I wanted the JDM look without wasting dough on that instead of my swap. They were like $100 on ebay.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (grlracer97)

I have already bought them.

I am just worried because of this:

This is what someone said about CTR's Its making me think I should have got different headlights

cars that drive on the opposite side of the road are designed to work on that side. The mirrors are opposite, for instance, so on jdm mirrors, the pass side is a normal flat mirror while the drivers side is convex (if you were to put them on our cars).

jdm/edm/whatever lights shine to the left if you're sitting in the car. That is because the road signs and whatnot are on the left side of the road, since thats where they're driving.

simply put: our's shine like /_/_/ while theirs shine like \_\_\

its not horrible, but it does effect things. I noticed I lit up reflectors alot more, be it on the cars I was behind in traffic, or on the lane reflectors on the opposite side of the highway at night (they reflect red). Every now and then, I'd get highbeamed, but not that much. if I was behind someone too close, the light would be going right into their cabin. it'd **** people off sometimes, so I got into the habit of stopping 10ft from the car in front of me. (and my lights were angled down as far as they'd go). But that came in handy in the fast lane on the highway.

but asiandoood is totally right about the blanket of light. I felt the ctrs did a better job of lighting the road than my oem lights (which do as well as the aftermarket lights I have right now).
Old 04-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

read the rules:
1.C. Posting general modification threads in EG+ Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. This includes threads like “What should I do to my car next?” or “I have $$$ what should I buy?” Please do a search, as there are many threads on the subject that exist in the archives
[I]2.D. Posting picture threads in EG+ Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. We have an entire forum dedicated to automotive appearance.
Appearance/Cosmetic forum: https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=28[/I]

grow a brain,then use it to move this to the Cosmetic forum,then read the rules here,then make your OWN decision on what to do with your OWN car.not to be a dick,but nobody cares what you do to it.
Chris
Old 04-27-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">read the rules:
1.C. Posting general modification threads in EG+ Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. This includes threads like “What should I do to my car next?” or “I have $$$ what should I buy?” Please do a search, as there are many threads on the subject that exist in the archives
[I]2.D. Posting picture threads in EG+ Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. We have an entire forum dedicated to automotive appearance.
Appearance/Cosmetic forum: https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=28[/I]

grow a brain,then use it to move this to the Cosmetic forum,then read the rules here,then make your OWN decision on what to do with your OWN car.not to be a dick,but nobody cares what you do to it.
Chris
</TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you move it? I could n ot figure it out.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dawrenn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How do you move it? I could n ot figure it out.</TD></TR></TABLE>
a mod may be able to do it.your best bet is make a new post there,and ask a mod here to delete this post.
Chris
Old 04-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a mod may be able to do it.your best bet is make a new post there,and ask a mod here to delete this post.
Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really dont need to make another thread because I already bought the headlights.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:05 PM

teamnextgenChris you are a dick
Old 04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about headlihghts??? (carolinahondaboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carolinahondaboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">teamnextgenChris you are a dick </TD></TR></TABLE>
thanks.
this forum is for tech.there is a forum for cosmetic crap.read the rules,don't act like a noob and i'm not a dick-i'll be the most helpful person you ever met.
Chris

Quick Reply: Question about headlihghts???