Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

quarter pop out windows?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quarter pop out windows?

hey, i was wondering have anyone try to attempt this on a 96 civic hatchback? I think the 92-95 civic hatchback has them. I'm not to sure but i would love to have them on my civic. Any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (Killer Kham)

I think having this would look sick (cool,Awesome,Sexy,Clean,) and also give it a extra ventilation. If anyone can point me to the right direction ill DEFINITELY do a DIY on this.

Modified by Killer Kham at 2:37 PM 3/15/2008
Old 03-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huh?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:29 PM

no only EF hatches have them, ive never seen them on 92+ models.

Modified by michael123 at 4:47 PM 3/15/2008
Old 03-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (michael123)

okay that makes sense then, well have anyone try to attempt on a 96 civic hatchback?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do u have any pics of what ur talkin about, cuz im lost...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (JDM_SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, i was wondering have anyone try to attempt this on a 96 civic hatchback? I think the 92-95 civic hatchback has them. I'm not to sure but i would love to have them on my civic. Any suggestions? </TD></TR></TABLE>

why the hell do you have 2 different threads about the same thing?? stick to one thread about the same topic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do u have any pics of what ur talkin about, cuz im lost...</TD></TR></TABLE>

but on a civic...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:55 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I bet it's a lot of trouble to make something like this work well.

Seals for the glass and the body.

A hinge. A mount for the the hinge.

A lock. A mount for the lock.

Plus it'd all have to be strong enough to lock properly and to stay open while driving but soft enough to be able to easily open and close the windows.

Modified by NOFX at 3:08 PM 3/15/2008
Old 03-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

thats kinda tight but i bet ud have leakage problems... if they cant make a sunroof fit without leakin i bet its twice as fun makin something like that that needs a custom weatherstrip not leak... but GL tho... post pics if u do it...
Old 03-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Default Re: (JDM_SOHC)

yeah, i apologize for posting it in two different threads. Well i have search and have found no universal kits. The closest i found was the kit for the Volkswagens beetle. I would love to do this, I know welding and hinge and latch are involve possibly a new window. Having this customize would be really unique especially if you make it automatic. This is gonna be one of my plans in the future and hopefully i can get some help on here. if not then my best choice is probably have to take it to a custom car shop.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:50 PM

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (actek23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by actek23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but on a civic...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for taking the time to upload the pic, so people can have a better understanding
Old 03-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a job for http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/ lol... no seriously, call them an i bet they could help u haha...
Old 03-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (JDM_SOHC)

yeah, i was thinking of doing that. It's a big job of course. It takes passion and time to build a unique beautiful car and i plan on keeping my car for a very long time. But until then I want to see what i can do myself. I have many plans for my car and when it gets done trust me! on this it will be unique! and believe me my car will not be forgotten once it is finish. Either way if i can get some help or not. I'll keep you guys with the update.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hopefully it's garage kept otherwise that window seems like an invitation for someone to steal it.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:25 PM

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (importdreamer)

Thanks for the info, But I know that if your going to build a nice attractive car, A hi tech security is needed. And also I'm not going to let no thieves or anyone stop me from letting me build my car.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wouldnt be too hard use hinges off a dodge caravan. latches would prolly work too, and they came in electric versions as well
Old 03-15-2008, 07:13 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importdreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hopefully it's garage kept otherwise that window seems like an invitation for someone to steal it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Because that's how everyone steals trucks such as Silverados. They pry open those impossible to pry open rear side windows and crawl in through there.

Wait... What?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Because that's how everyone steals trucks such as Silverados. They pry open those impossible to pry open rear side windows and crawl in through there.

Wait... What?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, but the seal wouldn't be as good as if it were when it was stock. Someone with a flat head screwdriver could simply wedge their way around the seal and pop the window loose. Then reach up and unlock the door. If it were stock they would have to break the window which would be much louder then prying it out.

*edit*

BTW i think honda's are stolen a hell of a lot more than silverados.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importdreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, but the seal wouldn't be as good as if it were when it was stock. Someone with a flat head screwdriver could simply wedge their way around the seal and pop the window loose. Then reach up and unlock the door. If it were stock they would have to break the window which would be much louder then prying it out.

*edit*

BTW i think honda's are stolen a hell of a lot more than silverados. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Btw, I think Honda are stolen a lot more through ways that don't involve this window and in the event a car had this done, I doubt the thieves would bother with it when they can just pop the front window out for a second, get in the car, and then drive away with no visible damage.

I really don't think a thief would even see this was done to a window.

Why try to make another way to break into one car (which you don't know how successful this method might be), when you already have a quiet, easy and non-attention getting way to get into the car?

Car thieves generally do not break windows to get into Hondas. I can't remember the last Honda I saw which had windows broken in order to steal it. I know mine didn't.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:10 PM

well, yeah that is true. But from my understanding research. I try to think like a thieves as much as possible so I can eliminate it from giving them the easy access to my car. My plan is to build my car as a DAILY DRIVING, WHY? because I love to drive and floss my car, Second it's the only car i got. And I'm pretty sure like 85 percent of the honda tech member cars are daily driver and feel the same way. Well lets get to the point I am going to school for ENGINEERING and I have came up with many methods for the car not to be taken. I can not inform you guys right now due to, too many thefts that might be acknowledge about this and fact that this product that I am inventing is not PATENT yet. As soon as I finish it and test it out I'll let you guys know. Until then later in the future and I'm pretty sure it's going to work. It is not a siren alarm systems,nor a lo jack or a gps, or a kill switch but these security will also be added. I due plan on keeping my car for a very long time like I stated above because I love my honda, and it has a lot of sentimental value and i don't see the point of selling because we all know that we will lose value on building a car like this if it was a domestic car it would be a totally different story. But Hopefully my invention will have a great impact one day. Only time will tell.

PS:And please don't respond negatives comments against my comment because there is no need to.

Modified by Killer Kham at 1:23 PM 3/17/2008
Old 03-17-2008, 01:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Car thieves generally do not break windows to get into Hondas. I can't remember the last Honda I saw which had windows broken in order to steal it. I know mine didn't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they broke my window when they tried to steal my car althought i think it ws rookies who had no real idea what they were doing.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (blanco617)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blanco617 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

they broke my window when they tried to steal my car althought i think it ws rookies who had no real idea what they were doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Oh, I'm sure it happens. But the majority of times where the car is actually stolen, they don't bust windows. Smashing windows works better for smash and grabs since you'll distance yourself from the car and the scene quickly. If you'll be seen driving the car, having as little as possible to make the car stand out as being stolen is best.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:54 PM

Oh, I'm sure it happens. But the majority of times where the car is actually stolen, they don't bust windows. Smashing windows works better for smash and grabs since you'll distance yourself from the car and the scene quickly. If you'll be seen driving the car, having as little as possible to make the car stand out as being stolen is best.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i hear you but they actually broke it just to get in like i said rookies. i found my car a few blocks away the auto loc stopped them from getting it started but there was a pile of glass where i had it parked. aw well.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quarter pop out windows? (blanco617)

Btw, I think Honda are stolen a lot more through ways that don't involve this window and in the event a car had this done, I doubt the thieves would bother with it when they can just pop the front window out for a second, get in the car, and then drive away with no visible damage.

I really don't think a thief would even see this was done to a window.

Why try to make another way to break into one car (which you don't know how successful this method might be), when you already have a quiet, easy and non-attention getting way to get into the car?

Car thieves generally do not break windows to get into Hondas. I can't remember the last Honda I saw which had windows broken in order to steal it. I know mine didn't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a feeling that the people that take the time to not break out the window scope it out enough ahead of time to know that popping out a rear probably is quicker. Most experienced car thieves can take a car in less than a minute. So if they want your car they're gonna get it, whether you got it strapped to your nuts or not.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Killer Kham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well lets get to the point I am going to school for ENGINEERING and I have came up with many methods for the car not to be taken. I can not inform you guys right now due to, too many thefts that might be acknowledge about this and fact that this product that I am inventing is not PATENT yet. As soon as I finish it and test it out I'll let you guys know. Until then later in the future and I'm pretty sure it's going to work. It is not a siren alarm systems,nor a lo jack or a gps, or a kill switch but these security will also be added. I due plan on keeping my car for a very long time like I stated above because I love my honda, and it has a lot of sentimental value and i don't see the point of selling because we all know that we will lose value on building a car like this if it was a domestic car it would be a totally different story. But Hopefully my invention will have a great impact one day. Only time will tell.

PS:And please don't respond negatives comments against my comment because there is no need to.

Modified by Killer Kham at 1:23 PM 3/17/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd really like to see you fill out the paper work to get your product patented with the cluster ***** grammar example you just shared with us.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:34 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importdreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a feeling that the people that take the time to not break out the window scope it out enough ahead of time to know that popping out a rear probably is quicker. Most experienced car thieves can take a car in less than a minute. So if they want your car they're gonna get it, whether you got it strapped to your nuts or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>
They don't know how easy it will be to pop a rear window out. It might make a lot of noise or take forever to get in that way even.

It's already known that pulling the front side windows out is EASY and QUICK and QUIET.

So why change the way to get in? Why even consider any other way?

The only reason to watch a car is if you want something that car has. You probably already know exactly what you want from that car or otherwise know that car has a lot of expensive stuff on it. So you want it to find out what kind of security it has. You wouldn't give a **** about it's rear windows opening.

If your car is bad *** enough to have people staking it out, then yes, perhaps a thief would be willing to bypass any security you might have. More than likely though, it's just another Honda to them. So a run of the mill alarm will work just fine.

The average stolen Honda will get the same treatment. Find A Honda in an apartment complex or mall parking lot. Get into it the same way as you always would (the driver's window). Break the wheel lock, bust the ignition, turn car on, drive away.

Lots of car thieves are not experienced. Most people who steal a Honda already have an idea of how easy it is to get into a Honda though. It's no big secret.

Modified by NOFX at 7:39 PM 3/18/2008

Quick Reply: quarter pop out windows?