Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Project EJ1 Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Project EJ1 Help

I need some help starting with my ProjectEJ1. I don't know where to
start so any advice, tips, or pics you can send in, i'll be thankful..

Old 09-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Information Leafblower

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Project EJ1 Help

I'd buy some Ground Control coilovers with some Koni shocks first and foremost, then get an alignment after they are on. You might need to buy a rear camber kit depending on how low you go. Definitely do your suspension first, though. I like the GSR rims, so I would keep those.

After the coilovers are on, maybe think of getting some sway bars for the front and rear, and some strut bars for the engine bay and trunk. If you get a rear sway bar, make sure you have a rear subframe brace to prevent subframe tearout.

Don't bother with appearance stuff until you have your performance down, unless you want small stuff like a shift **** and shift boot.

Performance > Looks
Old 09-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Thanks.
Those were the best tips i gotten in my whole life.
It'll help a lot.
What kind've exhaust would you reccomend?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.
It'll help a lot.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
I C U P

Originally Posted by bluebomber
After the coilovers are on, maybe think of getting some sway bars for the front and rear, and some strut bars for the engine bay and trunk. If you get a rear sway bar, make sure you have a rear subframe brace to prevent subframe tearout.
Not terribly common on 5th gens, though not a bad idea. The ASR brace was meant more for the 6th chassis because they had a thinner/weaker rear subframe.

Adding just a rear sway bar will greatly increase the solid feel of your car. Try going with like a GSR 14mm sway bar for starters or even ITR 22-23mm
Originally Posted by 206xPiNOYxEJ1
Thanks.
It'll help a lot.
Lowering it is the first best thing! I've got an Apex'i WS2 in my coupe and I love it. Super quiet, quieter than most stock vehicles. Looks great and sounds nice too. Just get an intake and you'll love it.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Information Leafblower

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to add engine parts, but can't afford an intake or just want to work with what you have, consider removing the resonator box in the passenger side wheel well and adding a K&N filter to the intake box. The resonator restricts the air flow to your engine. You can remove the bumper cover and take it out easily. I have a B18C1 swap in my EJ1, and I kept the stock box but removed the resonator, added a K&N filter, and changed the intake tube to one from a B16 (the B16 intake tube is 65MM, much larger than the stock D-series tube). I basically have a cold air intake in my car, and it looks stock, so no hassle from the police. The only better setup than this one would be a Comptech Icebox (3 inch air box inlet), or a Mugen intake (4 inch air box inlet).

If you're going to add a header or exhaust it would help if we knew what your plans are for the car. Stay all-motor, and keep the stock D-series? Turbo D series? Swap in a new motor, like a B18C or K20A?

If you let us know what you're trying to accomplish, we can offer better advice.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Changethe seats also I hate the factory ej seats. I went with em1 seats in mine much sexier in my opinion
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i started my project pretty similar to yours, i started off with my suspension and brakes, i went with the tein super streets, along with integra 4 wheel disc brakes, blox 24mm rear sway bar and front and rear upper strut bars, along with a rear lower tie bar. after that i got a apexi ws2 exhaust,and installed a set of integra gsr seats. There is alot more done to the car but Right now im focusing on the motor, ive had the car for about 2 years now. Here is a pic of what mine looks like now.