Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ProCarParts EG Civic HB Strut Tower Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProCarParts EG Civic HB Strut Tower Bars

Is there anything wrong with these? They are so cheap, but obviously if they don't do anything then they aren't worth it. Does anyone have any experience with these. Also, what about the pillar interior tower bar and the tire well support bar? Are these hard to install, do they help anything? And the one last thing, what about the lower tie bar, does it require that I have some kind of sway bar already?

Also, my car doesn't have sway bars right now. How difficult will it be to put some on and where should I order them from and what kind. Sorry, I've never done this before and I already tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Re: ProCarParts EG Civic HB Strut Tower Bars (SpeedDemonAaron)

Strut bars are pretty much all the same, well most of them. I ended up buying a tanabe one, pretty much for the name, but I seriously wished I woulda just bought generic strut bars and saved money. If you wanna go brand name then get something like Neuspeed.

And I think the pillar interior tower bar is just the rear strut bar. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:20 AM

Sway bars are great. I recently installed a set of Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bars for my 95 si. Just like everyone says, body roll is decreased, it feels a little more stable on the highway, and you feel more confident changing lanes, taking exits fast, and all that good stuff. :D

People here generally seem to recommend either OEM sway bars (like GSR or ITR) or the comptech rear sway bar/tie bar combo. I dont have any personal experience with either of these, but they both seem very good. OEM honda/acura is always reliable and comptech is a very respected name in motor sports. Eibach also makes sway bars for most civics. I'd say go with whatever fits your budget and goal for your car.

The installation of the ST sway bars was kinda annoying, but nothing too difficult. You need a good set of jackstands, metric sockets, metric wrenches, plenty of PB Blaster, and a propane torch. If you need to remove the rear LCAs (like I did), you will probably want to buy the ES hyper-flex bushing kit and take your LCAs to a shop to have them push out the old bushings (which WILL tear when you remove the bolts).

If you use plenty of PB blaster and heat the rear LCA bolts up good and hot before you try to move them, I don't think it's likely you will break the bolts.

The front sway bar was a bit easier to install, just more time consuming because you have to unbolt part of the exhaust and the shift linkage.

I dont know anything about the ProCarParts strut tower bars, but my experience tells me that even low quality tower strut bars seem to do alright. I have never used an interior pillar bar or tire-well support bar. It seems to me you would only really need these if you autocross....

No you don't need a sway bar to install the lower tie bar. Just make sure that if you buy these two items separately that they will not interfere with each other. This is yet another reason why people buy the comptech lower sway/tie bar combo. They get both a sway bar and a tie bar, both are very good quality, and obviously they are guaranteed to both fit perfectly.

if you have any more questions, hit me up on AIM: rpventure