Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problems problems problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems problems problems

Alright, i've got a 97 civic DX, and a few problems.

1. my car came with aftermarket cluster gauges, but for some reason they would always flicker on and off. I tore my whole interior apart to change the appearance, so i decided to try and fix the cluster. I re-wired the whole thing, and it seemed like it was working great, then they turned off. If i un hooked the fuse from the power wire and re-hooked it, it would turn back on, but only for a few minutes. now, i get nothing. it doesnt turn on, ever. its specifically just the cluster lights though, all the other small lights work, and my needles work. is it time to replace it or is this still fixable?

2. It also has an aftermarket sunroof, the motor was from ITT automotive, and since my interior was out, i wanted to take a wack at this too, i thought the motor was bad, but i took it all apart, and its just a nylon gear inside the motor. i see that its about $160 for a new motor, because they dont sell the gear separately, is there any way to fix this gear (about 1/4 of it is stripped but the rest is perfect), or any place i can take it to get a new one, so i dont have to spend that much when i dont even need the motor?

3. Before i took my interior apart, my dome light worked fine. i have it hooked back up, the off position obviously works, the on in the middle works (for door ajar), but the always on doesnt. even if my doors are open, if i switch it from on, to always on, it just cuts out, and you can see the lightbulb basically dim out. what would cause this to happen, and is it fixable?

4. My window cranks suck, no matter what i do, how many window cranks i get, they always break, i replaced both window regulators and greased them up, but they always strip out where they connect to the regulator. could i just JB weld them so they never come off?

5. For some reason the lock to lock my gas door and my trunk will not work, i just got my system stolen, so now i really want this lock to work, its the one right next to the driver seat where the trunk release button is.

6. Also, the lock for my back seats dont work, is it better to just leave it alone?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems problems problems (jmr828)

1. check the ground

5. + 6. You can buy new lock cylinders for all these. Check Majestic Honda online.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems problems problems (alphalanos)

alright so i fixed my dome light, and ill have to get the new locks, thank you for the lock site. My ground is good, ive been messing with it, tried three different grounds, i know they all work fine, i used a voltmeter, its getting power, theres no short, and i know i have it hooked up correctly. do you think its something internal, or maybe dirty somewhere or something?