Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Problems with a 94 civic hb si

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with a 94 civic hb si

Whats up guys. I am havin' some trouble with my civic.

1. Whenever i go to start my car, I let the fuel pump prime before i start it. Durring the last few months, it sometimes doesn't work. I just keep on trying it, and after awhile it will work. My car won't start if it is not primed. This last time, it would start, and then die. I would let the rpms rest at like 3,000 and then they would just drop, no matter of the accelerator possiton.

2. I am having proplems with my regular lights (lows). i can switch to my brights fine, but when i try to switch back, the lows don't light up. i have to fiddle with the switch to get it to work, and it sucks. I have fog lights, so i can still drive but i don't get it.

3. Passenger window problems. they are manual, and the window would fall out of the track. i installed a new regulator, (the other was bent out of shape), but still the problem. My rails are out of line or something.

oh, in case it is important, i have ABS, fog lights, stock radio, sunroof. this is all the electrical stuff if that helps, or is important. thanks. i am gona try that ground wire trick.

thanks a ton. I attemped to find the information by searching first, but i am new here.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Problems with a 94 civic hb si (evoeater)

bump
Old 08-26-2004, 10:36 AM

my si was having the same problem as your #1 & #3
Old 08-27-2004, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Problems with a 94 civic hb si (trckdsi)

Have you found any answers? there were some posts on the window thing, but i tried to get new screws and stuff, but it didn't work. i think i might take it to a shop to get the window fixed. I am gona try the grounding thing they talked about on another post to try and stop the electrical proplems. glad to know i am not alone.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:02 PM

bumpin' of old times sake
Old 10-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sending this thing to the top for a good friend...
Old 10-11-2004, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1. fuel relay? - Give us some ideas of symptoms, Hot start, Cold start, outside temperatures.....

#2. check for potassium chloride buildup on your headlight connections - could be loose, or corroded, may have to replace them. If the corrision is not bad can be cleaned up with baking soda and warm water, on the other hand, could be the control switch on the steering column.

3#. No clue
Old 10-12-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Problems with a 94 civic hb si (93CivicSI)

The starting problem when it is warm. Usally happens after i have driven to a place, and then stopped for a few minutes. I am kinda leaning toward thinking it is the fuel pump, because when i turn the key, and the cheack engine light comes on, there is a small click. The same primary click before the pump starts, but just no pump afterward. I am just gona take it down to honda.

I think the head light problem is with the switch. beacuse if the lights are off, and i mess with the switch for awhile the lows will finaly turn on. i will check the for potassium. thanks for the info.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the same problem wit the switch on my 92 si. I would have to wiggle like crazy fro the lights to come on. I replaced the switch and its all good. If it has been a long while since you've replaced anything to do with the fuel system I would go ahead and replace the fp, filter and check the relay. whats the mileage of the car?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=evoeater]Whats up guys. I am havin' some trouble with my civic.

1. Whenever i go to start my car, I let the fuel pump prime before i start it. Durring the last few months, it sometimes doesn't work. I just keep on trying it, and after awhile it will work. My car won't start if it is not primed. This last time, it would start, and then die. I would let the rpms rest at like 3,000 and then they would just drop, no matter of the accelerator possiton.

i've had a same problem. i mean i still do..
it just doesn't wanna start sometimes.. let it rest for a minute or two and start and gas it a little, then it starts..
i am thinkin it's a fuel pump. so i just recently bought a walbro 255 with B&M FPR with da gauge.. will install it in a few days and see how that goes..
good luck
Old 10-17-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Re: (upgraded)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upgraded &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had the same problem wit the switch on my 92 si. I would have to wiggle like crazy fro the lights to come on. I replaced the switch and its all good. If it has been a long while since you've replaced anything to do with the fuel system I would go ahead and replace the fp, filter and check the relay. whats the mileage of the car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

mileage is around 110,000. I am gona just try and replace the switch, i was having to wiggle it like you were saying. but i have done nothing to the fuel system. what should i look for? i was thinking about taking it to honda for a diagnostic.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Problems with a 94 civic hb si (92eh3si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92eh3si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=evoeater]Whats up guys. I am havin' some trouble with my civic.

i've had a same problem. i mean i still do..
it just doesn't wanna start sometimes.. let it rest for a minute or two and start and gas it a little, then it starts..
i am thinkin it's a fuel pump. so i just recently bought a walbro 255 with B&M FPR with da gauge.. will install it in a few days and see how that goes..
good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks dude, i would totally apprecate it. Is it difficult to do? i looked in to getting a new pump, and it didn't look that hard.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evoeater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thanks dude, i would totally apprecate it. Is it difficult to do? i looked in to getting a new pump, and it didn't look that hard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just got done installing da walbro fuel pump and B&M FPR with Gauge..
it is pretty simple and self explanatory. It runs better and it does really open up.
it's kinda loud compare to the stock Fuel pump but.. i will get used to it.. haha
anyways.. u should get one and install it and see how it runs..
i love it!!
Old 10-27-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Problems with a 94 civic hb si (92eh3si)

How much did that cost you? Where did you get it from, and how much is it better than stock?

Did that fix the starting problems? thanks alot
Old 10-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evoeater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much did that cost you? Where did you get it from, and how much is it better than stock?

Did that fix the starting problems? thanks alot </TD></TR></TABLE>

it cost me $80 shipped for B&M FPR wit Gauge, $89 shipped for Walbro 255 Fuel pump..
Fuel pump i got it from lightning.(search for that name.)
and FPR wit gauge was from GSC Motorsports. (also search)

they were both brand new and shipped really fast and on time.
i didn't have any problem so far starting up after these things were installed..