Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

power windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power windows

I was looking to get EX doors for my EG SI and my EK hatch. If I get the complete doors, is there a plug that I can just plug it in to make it work?

Please let me know.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:12 PM

Default Re: power windows (ME SO FST)

holy crap dude, dont even get me started on this ****, I got some EX panels and motors and all that good stuff still sitting around, and these chuckleheads are NO help whatsover so don't bother asking. No there is not one plug, the door harness to the dash is a huge wrap of wires you dont have, you could replace the entire harness for your car with and ex one if you take everything out and go down to the chassis and replace it, then you will have plug and play, if not you gotta wire your own relays and run ur own wires to each door, it doesnt end. Get a helm's manual, and NO none of these guys have one or are willing to share so go buy one from http://www.helminc.com. Then you can either buy the factory relays and find some way to wire them to control the locks, or you can make one buy buying a hobby box from radio shack. So tell me how it works out. Late.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power windows (Chengster)

thanks alot, do you know anything about the EG?
Old 04-18-2002, 04:22 PM
B18C-EJ1

You can install the Coupe door on the EG, but you will need to wire up the inside harness.

It's a real PITA, you're best bet is to get the EX interior dash harness and do that too. It makes the job go better, but still takes some time to do it right.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:59 PM

just get a aftermarket kit.. it's costs 200 buck
Old 04-18-2002, 08:07 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my roommate w/ the dx hatch did this.. since im the brains at everything he paid me to hook it up.. its a ****** bitch to get everything working.. have a good wiring diagram of all the wires.. i worked on it for 5 hours one day, and after making harnessess and wire extensions i still only have the drivers side door working and it does not even all work correctly.. i dont know howi need to wire the relays for the passenger door to work so he might have to do w/ this for now..
if i do get EVERYTHING working correctly he will have EX door panels on his DX so he will have power windows, power locks, power mirrors.. we will see if i can complete this project one day..
Old 04-18-2002, 08:14 PM

Default Re: power windows (95CivicEX)

whats wrong with a little window cranking it really works the forearms go dx!@
Old 04-19-2002, 06:23 PM

yea you can swap in if you get ex or si foors of another eg, if your swapping ek power **** it wont fit, and the wires will be all wrong, email me at waikwan@quik.com and ill tell you as much as i know dude. LATE
Old 04-20-2002, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power windows (Chengster)

Talk to my friend Josh. He is a mod on http://www.civichatchback.com His screen name is CHASER. He put power windows and mirrors in his EK HB from a Si
Old 04-20-2002, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power windows (dwnthehatch)

Just a quick question, I have a '93 Si, and I was wondering if it'd be possible to run ex doorpanels + switches, and an aftermarket power window + lock kit from the stock switches (so it'd have the stock look, but aftermarket motor + parts).

-l8r
Old 04-20-2002, 10:33 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: power windows (Amaury-R)

i got powerwindows in my EK and its definetely not plug and play.

Do you know how to read wiring diagrams? if not, don't expect to get them running.

i had a good friend of mine hook them up for me. He took the 'floor wire harness' and separated the wiring that hooks up the windows and wired it using some inline fuses.

parts are:
floor wiring harness
power window relay
helms
power window stuff

and lots of skillz

i got oem power windows, locks, and power mirror controls
Old 04-20-2002, 11:26 AM

Default Re: power windows (FukieneseDragger)

I'm gona be installing aftermarket power windows soon. Anyone know exactly how many screws are on the door panel? I have a 93 DX civic hatchback.

So far i found three... one in the little compartment below the handle, one in the handle, and one more towards the upper corner near the hinge of the door. Just want to make sure i didn't miss anything before i start tearing it apart.

And do i have to take off the arm that rolls up the window before i can take the panel off?
Old 04-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Trial User

Default Re: power windows (93HtchBk)

I'm gona be installing aftermarket power windows soon. Anyone know exactly how many screws are on the door panel? I have a 93 DX civic hatchback.

So far i found three... one in the little compartment below the handle, one in the handle, and one more towards the upper corner near the hinge of the door. Just want to make sure i didn't miss anything before i start tearing it apart.

yes there are 3 sckrews holding them on.. once you get everything off just lift the panel off and pop off the peices holding the bottom on..

And do i have to take off the arm that rolls up the window before i can take the panel off??

yes you much remove the windows control arm before the panel will come off.. they make a tool for it at track auto or you can figure it out yourself, you just have to pop off the U shaped thing holding the arms on

removing the panels is cake.. putting the aftermarket windows on will be a bitch..