Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Possible upgrade for a B16A2/ not a swap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible upgrade for a B16A2/ not a swap!

First of all, Hi everyone from a very newbie in the forum!! I have been taking a look at this great site and finally decided to try and see if some guru will ask my question,

I have a 1996 VTi Civic (EK4) which I believe it is named SiR in the US. Whatever the different names between EU \ US versions are, it is the hatchback with a B16A2 engine and 160 bhp.
The car is completely stock except from a set of Bilstein shocks. It has covered 210000 miles so far. Nothing relevant has been replaced in the engine, just the normal maintenance stuff, i.e., no overhauls.
Thing is, I am planning to do some kind of a rebuild for next year and I was wondering whether it would be a good idea trying to convert the B16A2 into a CTR B16B motor.
I assume I should look for a CTR complete valvetrain and ECU, and possibly higher compression pistons?
What else would be required to complete the engine conversion?
Has anyone ever tried that before? I would like to use OEM stuff as long as it is reasonably priced, the only item I would consider buying from an aftermarket supplier is the ECU (Hondata?)
I am looking for a power upgrade but dont want to lose the drivability and bulletproof reliability of the motor (car is still used for daily commuting)

As per the transmission, I would like to add LSD and I also have another question, is it possible fitting a 6 speed manual transmission to the B16A2 block relatively easy?

Hope I am not asking too much in my first post!!

Thank you all,

Joker