Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Poor delivery of body kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor delivery of body kit

I finally got my body kit in today, it has a cwest front, buddy club 1 sides and buddy club 2 rear for my 99 civic. so we get it all out and i look at the rear bumper and there is a crack, a hole in one place and the slots are not properly cut. The front has a side broken off on it. Fortunatly i work at this body shop and can do my own fiberglassing but has anyone else had this issue? I think it is very poor buisness for either the shop or the manufacturer to be delivering and expensive product like this in such poor condition. Have any of you had this problem too?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont post your bodykit crap in this forum.
This is not "Shipping and Recieving" or Customer Service!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: (Andres-eh2)

whatever, there isn't a specific forum for body work and i had a legitimate question. If you have a problem with it get them to create a forum for body work beyond welding, otherwise go cry to someone who cares.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andres-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont post your bodykit crap in this forum.
This is not "Shipping and Recieving" or Customer Service!</TD></TR></TABLE>

W3RD!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unmellowyellow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever, there isn't a specific forum for body work and i had a legitimate question. If you have a problem with it get them to create a forum for body work beyond welding, otherwise go cry to someone who cares. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go to ClubSi.com BITCH!

If you work in a body shop fix it and get over it!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: (unmellowyellow)

he got a point
Old 01-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (unmellowyellow)

use your common sense man. contact the place/seller that you bought it from, and deal with them.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unmellowyellow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever, there isn't a specific forum for body work and i had a legitimate question. If you have a problem with it get them to create a forum for body work beyond welding, otherwise go cry to someone who cares. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Theres something called, General Discussion and Debate.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:09 PM

Well it would be pointless to contact the seller at this point before i know if this is a common problem. Second off, i have posted my very few posts on body work here in the recent past. No one ever had a problem with those. No one re-directed me there so I posted the one place i could find to. My appologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm new, it happens. You could have just redirected me to the proper place. You want me to go somewhere else? gladly if this is how you act, and I normally dont do this but i dont appreciate being called names, so as for calling me a bitch, dont bring your mom into it, i stopped screwing her since you were born.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andres-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont post your bodykit crap in this forum.
This is not "Shipping and Recieving" or Customer Service!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-27-2005, 11:30 PM

All the body kits that the kids got back in the day all came looking like **** and hairline cracks etc... They just slap that **** together and send it out. You have to live with it or dont install it.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dadeboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dadeboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All the body kits that the kids got back in the day all came looking like **** and hairline cracks etc... They just slap that **** together and send it out. You have to live with it or dont install it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's right. You get all that stuff taken care of when you get it painted. Although its up to you to buy from a manufacturer or dealer that gets them from a company that makes the mold well in fit and strong fiberglass. With fiberglass you can almost never get a perfect fit. Fiberglass warps. End of story. Back when i was trying to mod up the exterior of my car i knew the guys at ViS so he handpicked a buddy club front for my EG for me. Only had to redrill one hole that mounts to the fenders.

Also gotta remember that when you get something shipped, the shipping company can also **** up the products in the process.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:37 AM

why is it pointless to contact them?? either way you would be stupid not to try and get some undamaged pieces... you paid good money you better get good parts and service
Old 01-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Zakar)

He may have to pay for the items to be shipped back when it would save him the time and trouble including extra costs to just have the ones he bought fixed while getting painted. Each case is different and depends on the extent of damages.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bitch to them the cost to repair it. ask for a complete refund or you'll cancel the credit card payment for not fulfilling their side.

should have been posted in general discussion but he's a trial member so he can't
Old 01-28-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (autorice)

If you ever purchase body kits, or anything that needs to be freighted really, you need to inspect it while the driver is there. That way if theres a problem you can note it on the paperwork and/or send it back with them.

I watched some old lady at Vis Racing inspect a shipment that they received (since i had to sit there all f'ing day). Had to be at least 30 pieces... She put all the broken ones in 2 of the boxes and told the driver to send em back.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (iplaybass)

What company did you buy it from?
Old 01-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (iplaybass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iplaybass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you ever purchase body kits, or anything that needs to be freighted really, you need to inspect it while the driver is there. That way if theres a problem you can note it on the paperwork and/or send it back with them.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the smartest thing anyone in this post had to offer as advice or help of any kind, not to mention extremely true! As stated....anytime you are dealing with large items that are potential to be damaged, it's always in your best interest to open every piece that you are signing for to examine the goods. If in fact there is something broken you have the right to either A) refuse the goods or B) make notes on the bill of laiding and contact the company you bought the product from to deal with the matter.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (Jon D)

So true.. as with ANY package you recieve.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (NemesisCBR)

what do you expect when you go around buying body kits?
Old 01-31-2005, 06:12 AM

dude it's pointless to even say anything about it.. sometimes it happens as u can see bitching probably wont help u too much and i doubt u'd wait even longer to get another one if they do refund it
Old 01-31-2005, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (ekdreamer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekdreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a lip kits better </TD></TR></TABLE>

true dat
Old 01-31-2005, 06:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Poor delivery of body kit (Soccerking3000)

too bad he did'nt die
Old 01-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its your fault in the end.

Most all body kit shops do not guarentee the product once it leaves the doors. They claim that there stuff is in good shape when leaving.

They will blame damages on shipping, shipping will blame damages on the company. Both will deny and you will still be SOL.

Never accept a package that big/fragile without opening it up and looking at it right there infront of the shipper. They might not want to wait, but until they have your sig - they dont have much choice.

Fix it, and quit complaining.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: (Vero)

Call them and get a new one....