Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion
View Poll Results: Which Brand of camber kit is the best?
Skunk2
62.50%
Blox
12.50%
Megan Racing
0%
Eibach
0%
Ingalls
12.50%
CT Engineering
0%
Other
16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: This applies to those who have used camber kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 POLL: This applies to those who have used camber kits

So im looking for a camber kit for my friends car. I have come down to a bunch of options of brands but i want to see which one is best. If you have a camber kit on your car or know someone who has a camber kit on their car, and you know which brands are durable and perform best, then this applies to YOU. Please select one of the brands that you believe is the best or is superior to the ones listed. If you think that there is a better camber kit than the ones listed, select "other" and leave a comment stating which Brand of camber kit is better and tell me why. Your opinions are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

PLEASE BUMP IF VIEWED!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: POLL: This applies to those who have used camber kits

You forgot SPC, which is the best, no question.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoldFart16
You forgot SPC, which is the best, no question.
why do you say they are the best?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Many of the camber kits you listed above have either two or four allen bolts on the ball joint in order to adjust the camber, SPC has one locking bolt, making it easier to adjust and stronger. They are anodized aluminum and more stiff than it's competitors, which is why they are for the most part more expensive. Most rear camber kits are about the same but I went with SPC because of their reputation of build quality. I hear Ingalls is a quality piece as well.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have Front blox cambers which are just liek the SK2 design and i have never had any problems with these at all. i have ingalls in the back but u could get two new bolts and use walshers to space it out the stock arm for the same affect.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got a set of blox myself, tightened the hell out those 4 allen screws to prevent slippage, yet it still slipped, took the paint off when it slipped so it was still tight. Didnt go all the way to the bottom of the adjustment though but close
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Iv ran camber kits and don't like them. if your ride is dumped all you need is a good alignment. when I had a camber kit my **** rubbed hard.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most camber kits work great, it really comes down to how much of a drop and the amount of correction you need. Also look for good bushings and ease of use.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have or had Skunk 2 front and rear camber kits. Front was the pro (I don htink it was the poly) and the rear is deffinately poly the bushings are stiff! I need a new front camber kit though, I bent my Skunk 2, totaled the car and thats what gave. After reading this I want to check out SPC, one bolt deffintely seems like a better and easier design.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Information Leafblower

I have been using both an SPC rear camber kit and Skunk2 front upper control arms for over 5 years, and have liked them both immensely. If I upgrade anything, it's going to be the Skunk2 arms, although I haven't had any problems with slippage or the 4 bolt design yet. I get alignments several times per year and my mechanic has had no issues dialing in the settings to exactly where they should be.

Another option for you is going to be spherical bearings. These may be too harsh for the street, and you still have to replace the bearings every so often, just like you would have to with bushings. You will get more precise handing at the expense of the longevity of your bushings, road noise, and the somewhat harsher ride quality. I'm looking at replacing my whole suspension with spherical bearings, so if you're going to buy new, look into Hardrace and mFactory as well. They make camber kits with spherical bearings that might be of interest to you.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bluebomber

Another option for you is going to be spherical bearings. These may be too harsh for the street, and you still have to replace the bearings every so often, just like you would have to with bushings. You will get more precise handing at the expense of the longevity of your bushings, road noise, and the somewhat harsher ride quality. I'm looking at replacing my whole suspension with spherical bearings, so if you're going to buy new, look into Hardrace and mFactory as well. They make camber kits with spherical bearings that might be of interest to you.
slightly off subject.. do the spherical firms on LCA's produced by brands like Function7 also wear away quickly like you say happens for the spherical bearings on the camber kit.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Information Leafblower

Originally Posted by godluvstegs
slightly off subject.. do the spherical firms on LCA's produced by brands like Function7 also wear away quickly like you say happens for the spherical bearings on the camber kit.
You would need to ask them to find out. I know spherical bearings won't last as long as rubber ones, but they can be cheaply and easily maintained once you find out how long yours last (depends on frequency and how hard you're driving).

They are definitely worth it for a street car, as long as you keep up on them (much like any other part subject to wear).
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running Omni power upper camber arms. Never had a problem in the 2 yrs they have been on my EG Si.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They are definitely worth it for a street car, as long as you keep up on them (much like any other part subject to wear).
I have to disagree with this completely. You can find Function7 and PCI on Honda-Tech and they will tell you straight out spherical is not worth it or necessary at all on a street car. On the street you do not face the type of harshness put on bushings as you do in racing. Replacing your bushings with spherical ones will make your ride much too harsh and set you back A LOT of money, for nothing basically.

OEM or similar rubber bushings are the best for street applications (I use Hard Race rubber), polyurethane are best for a street car that does Auto-X (you must be prepared to replace bushings more often if driven on the street a lot however, polyurethane does not like to give and binds often on the street), and spherical are best on a race only vehicle.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Information Leafblower

I have to disagree with this completely. You can find Function7 and PCI on Honda-Tech and they will tell you straight out spherical is not worth it or necessary at all on a street car. On the street you do not face the type of harshness put on bushings as you do in racing. Replacing your bushings with spherical ones will make your ride much too harsh and set you back A LOT of money, for nothing basically.

OEM or similar rubber bushings are the best for street applications (I use Hard Race rubber), polyurethane are best for a street car that does Auto-X (you must be prepared to replace bushings more often if driven on the street a lot however, polyurethane does not like to give and binds often on the street), and spherical are best on a race only vehicle.
I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there. I am using sphericals in my rear lower control arms, swaybar endlinks, and rear trailing arm bushings. It's not too harsh at all, and this is why I said it works for me. It is harsher than rubber or poly, but not enough to make me not like the ride quality.

Plus, the steering response is greatly improved. It is easier to drive my car. I drive her all over the state of California regularly on the freeways, backroads and streets and I like the feeling of spherical bearings over rubber so much that I plan on replacing everything in the car with them. It all boils down to preference and what your standards of "harshness" are like. Is it more expensive than buying rubber/poly? Yes. Is it for nothing? No, there is a marked difference in the driving experience, and that's up to the driver to decide if the benefit outweighs the cost.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up to the driver to decide if the benefit outweighs the cost.
Absolutely correct.

I chose rubber because I didn't feel like the benefits of spherical applied to me, my suspension was tight enough and the added cost and maintenance of spherical didn't seem appealing. I had almost the same conversation about stickiness of tire vs. width of tire. My car isn't pushed enough to require a super sticky tire, however the handling of my car benefited from a 215 width tire. It's up to the driver to decide what makes their car better to drive.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Information Leafblower

Absolutely correct.

I chose rubber because I didn't feel like the benefits of spherical applied to me, my suspension was tight enough and the added cost and maintenance of spherical didn't seem appealing. I had almost the same conversation about stickiness of tire vs. width of tire. My car isn't pushed enough to require a super sticky tire, however the handling of my car benefited from a 215 width tire. It's up to the driver to decide what makes their car better to drive.
Why not just get a sticky tire in 215? I tend to lean more towards better functionality instead of longevity of parts, because I know how I drive, and I'd rather replace/upgrade more often in order to have the best performance.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bluebomber, I live in Cali too. You ever driven the 101 through the stretch between Leggett and Fortuna? We have the same car, mines a purple 94 EJ2, EX brakes, Type R Bilsteins lowered on S.Techs and Hard Race rubber bushings all around. That drive is the funnest I have ever taken, I recommend it to any Honda owner in Cali with an upgraded suspension. The redwoods turning into a blur as you slide around them is an unbelievable experience.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is only one tire available in 215/45/15 and the T1R is plenty sticky for me. I try to find a balance between longevity and functionality, because I make 14 hour trips across the state monthly.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Information Leafblower

Bluebomber, I live in Cali too. You ever driven the 101 through the stretch between Leggett and Fortuna? We have the same car, mines a purple 94 EJ2, EX brakes, Type R Bilsteins lowered on S.Techs and Hard Race rubber bushings all around. That drive is the funnest I have ever taken, I recommend it to any Honda owner in Cali with an upgraded suspension. The redwoods turning into a blur as you slide around them is an unbelievable experience.
I haven't but I think I want to now!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UP
Old 03-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have skunk2 and have no problems and my car is pretty low and i havn't ruined the ball joints yet. My buddy has a DC2 and he has a skunk 2 camber kit and his ball joints are shot and his car isnt as low as mine. I have also heard that Buddy club camber kits are pretty nice too and the same price as skunk 2's
Old 03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
TRIAL USER

i have front and rear skunk 2 camber kits on my ek coupe, and i have had them for 2 years and they are still in good shape, i just really like the durability of skunk 2 but there are so many out there, they all have there ups and downs.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hi i have skunk 2 front and rear on my eg hatch, i think they r good quolity i have had them on for 2years and no problem also they decently priced

Quick Reply: POLL: This applies to those who have used camber kits