Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLUG COLORS!!! ALL 96-98 EX HONDA CIVIC OWNERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLUG COLORS!!! ALL 96-98 EX HONDA CIVIC OWNERS!!

Ok i need help......

I need the colors for the Manifold Sensor the one on the runner .. the color of those 2 wires....

THe color of the IAC EVAC sensor on the back of the manifold color of both those wires....

!!! please need this asap car is on a fritz... need it running for school

checked the ecu colors they change when its is under the hood...... i believe .........
Old 08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
nub
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PLUG COLORS!!! ALL 96-98 EX HONDA CIVIC OWNERS!! (Nicaraguense13)

A little vauge but I think your'e looking for idle air control (blk/blu, yel/blk) and evap purge solenoid (red/yel, blk/yel)
Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: PLUG COLORS!!! ALL 96-98 EX HONDA CIVIC OWNERS!! (Nicaraguense13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicaraguense13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i need help......

I need the colors for the Manifold Sensor the one on the runner .. the color of those 2 wires....

THe color of the IAC EVAC sensor on the back of the manifold color of both those wires....

!!! please need this asap car is on a fritz... need it running for school

checked the ecu colors they change when its is under the hood...... i believe .........</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you mean you need the wire colors for the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve)? I know Honda calls it the EACV (Electronic Air Control Valve).

Some photos to help. These are from my '98 Civic EX coupe with the stock D16Y8.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Might as well update this with the PMs so far.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicaraguense13 (2:17 PM 8/27/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NICE can u get me the colors for the IACV and the Runner in the back just so i kno that the wires are right... also their is a PLUG that is the same as the IACV with one wire a red one where is this connected 2 their is 4 of the same plug wires thanks for the help man its helping me alot</TD></TR></TABLE>
(3:37 PM 8/27/2008)

Tell me where in the photo these sensors are.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicaraguense13 (2:32 AM 8/28/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well what i need is this the plug for this sensor

and alos their is a WHITE sensor the whole sensor is white and it has the same 2 pin plug going into it as the iac... its behind the manifold as well on the driver side..... its close to the brake booster.... Ill get a picture of what im talking about if u need it</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicaraguense13 (2:33 AM 8/28/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the colors of the wires on the plugs going to these wires if u can get me a pic tha would be great</TD></TR></TABLE>
(2:16 PM 8/28/2008)

Okay, so the plug for the IACV / EACV is underneath the IACV. Those ones look to be white (or yellow) / black and black. It's very difficult to see though.

The other sensor you might need to get a photo for me...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nicaraguense13 (3:12 PM 8/28/2008) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok if u can get me a photo of that wire... juss disconnect it take a pic and reconnect it.... juss have the car off and it wont do anything to it... ill get u a pic of the other sensor today</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't manage to get the sensor unplugged.