Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP!!! Need Recall Clearance letter to Import car from US to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!!! Need Recall Clearance letter to Import car from US to Canada

Well I have done TONS of phone calls to US honda, Canada Honda, Registar of import vehicles, went to the dealership, and searched the net..........Ahhhh the only thing that was usefull.....

As I have found out US Honda are total F*cks and won't issue recall clearance letters to people who want to import the vehicle to Canada, why you ask? not sure, I have read that Canadian honda sales were down because everyone bought the US ones and imported them because even with exchange rate they are a better deal.....

Basically I need a letter that is printed on Honda letterhead that states "vehicle X with VIN X has no open recalls." and have someone sign it.....Does ANYONE here know someone (or works there themselves) from a Honda dealership that can get me this letter? Or can anyone here get their hands on a piece of honda letterhead? I will pay for all shipping cost and even compensate whoever helps me for their time....Please help, Thank you.....

***NOTE***I am in Florida now so if the dealership is here I can drive over in person and deal with this.....
Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 PM
JSR

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Need Recall Clearance letter to Import car from US to Canada (sickity)

Sorry to hear the mess ur in. When I moved here from Canada things like this are the reason why I decided to sell my car rather than drive it down.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:00 PM

I think I found a dealer who is going to help me out, the thing is the body's of the cars from florida are immaculate as there is no "winter" so I would rather buy it here plus I got a killer deal....