Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please contribute to this "FAQ for Integra rear seat into Civic"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please contribute to this "FAQ for Integra rear seat into Civic"

Trying to put together a faq for integra rear seats into various model civics. This question seems to come up a lot and I have to end up searching for other people and I don't want to do that anymore. Please only list what fits without serious modification... Here is what I have so far...

Integra coupe seats fit in 92-95 hatches

Integra sedan seats fin in 92-95 coupes

Integra sedan seats fit in 92-95 sedans

Integra sedan seats DO NOT fit in 96-00 coupes.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Working on Integra rear seat into civic FAQ, please contribute.

some help guys?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read that only the 4 door seats fit into hatches. Otherwise, I'd have bought some seats off a guy here to match my fronts.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have 95 integra coupe seats in my 95 hatch and theres a gar at the bottom where the top and bottom seat meet. they said I need to get 4 door lower seat to fix that
Old 01-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes you do need the bottom rear seat of a 4 door to make it work otherwise your going to have huge gaps...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by vanste
yes you do need the bottom rear seat of a 4 door to make it work otherwise your going to have huge gaps...
x2...you need the bottom of a 4 door to
have it look mint..gaps=no good!!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So do you have to have the top from a coupe and the bottom from a sedan?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you have to use 2 door teg top part and 4 door rear bottom i believe...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The rear back cushion seats out of 2dr Integra can fit into a 96-00 Civic hatch by swaping the frames. But what I don't get is for the bottom you use a 4dr integra bottom cushion, but how do you swap frames, because I know it doesn't bolt right in correct me if I'm wrong?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

See this is why a FAQ needs to be created...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i never said the 2 door wont fit, of course it will fit if you like seeing gaps. the 4 door ones will make it have no gap. as far as the rail goes you use the one off the 4 door. you just have to mod the medal chasis frame by cutting a slot so that the 4 door seat frame will hook on, after that the bolt in the middle should still be the same i cant remember if it was for mines or if i had to pre make a hole for it
Old 01-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure with a little tweaking the coupe bottom could fit in the hatch. Mabye stuff a little foam under the carpet, remove a little foam from the seat so it sits a hair lower maybe just to close that gap a bit. I have GSR front seats right now, and I doubt I'll be able to find rear 4 doors that will match at a price I can afford.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
I'm sure with a little tweaking the coupe bottom could fit in the hatch. Mabye stuff a little foam under the carpet, remove a little foam from the seat so it sits a hair lower maybe just to close that gap a bit. I have GSR front seats right now, and I doubt I'll be able to find rear 4 doors that will match at a price I can afford.
x2
Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so will the 4dr top half work in ek hatch?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

4 door backs only work with coupes/sedans, b/c they both have trunks. get it?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a set of sedan integra seats for my 93 civic coupe and they did not fit at all. Keep in mind I researched quite a bit before I bought these because I have to drive 5 hours round trip to get them. The back part was too narrow and left big gaps on the sides and the bottom seat portion was too wide. It wouldnt fit at all in my coupe. I dont know if anyone has actually done this or they are just gathering information from other people but sedan seats do not fit in a coupe.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Information Leafblower

Originally Posted by rugimpy
I bought a set of sedan integra seats for my 93 civic coupe and they did not fit at all. Keep in mind I researched quite a bit before I bought these because I have to drive 5 hours round trip to get them. The back part was too narrow and left big gaps on the sides and the bottom seat portion was too wide. It wouldnt fit at all in my coupe. I dont know if anyone has actually done this or they are just gathering information from other people but sedan seats do not fit in a coupe.
DB8 rears will fit EJ1/EJ2, but you need to modify your rear panels in order to accomodate the wider top and the wider bottom cushion. You'll need to cut them. You also lose the ability to fold your seat down.

But they do fit.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Regarding 1996-2000 Honda Civic Coupe:

This make/model has the most problems with finding different seats to fit in the rear. Nothing from an ITR or CTR completely fits.

DC2 ITR seats do not fit, period.
EK9 CTR seats do not fit, period.

DB8 ITR bottom of the seats fit in perfect as a replacement.
The back rests are a ONE PIECE not a 60/40 like coupes or 50/50 like DC coupes/EK hatches. Thus, they DO NOT fit any besides a 4DR Integra or 4DR 96-00 Civic.

(Note: If you're putting it into your 4DR Civic you have to remove the little hook that connects the back seats together, you will see it once your emove your stock seats. It's weld's look pretty weak, so it shouldn't be TOO hard to remove.)

Only 06+ Civic Si Coupe seats bolt-in completely to a 96-00 Civic Coupe. Good luck finding that !

I will update if someone does find ITR/CTR rear seats to fit into 96-00 coupe.. somehow.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would like to see some pics of the db8 bottoms installed in a 96-00 coupe. I just bought some and don't see anyway how they could fit unless you like huge gaps. I installed them in my car and quickly removed them cause of the ridiculous fitment. I'm not gonna cut my side panels to make some seats fit. The only reasonable way i see to make them fit accurately is to have the stock coupe seats recovered with the ITR material.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been reading that rear bottom from 4dr integra fits perfectly into ej1 coupe and almost bought seats from integra sedan. Can someone confirm what it takes to install rear seat bottom from integra sedan into eg coupe? Would ek sedan or coupe rear bottom work better?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Information Leafblower

Originally Posted by giperbolic
I've been reading that rear bottom from 4dr integra fits perfectly into ej1 coupe and almost bought seats from integra sedan. Can someone confirm what it takes to install rear seat bottom from integra sedan into eg coupe? Would ek sedan or coupe rear bottom work better?
Dude, READ this thread again, and actually read it. I already answered this question. Here is your answer:

Originally Posted by bluebomber
DB8 rears will fit EJ1/EJ2, but you need to modify your rear panels in order to accomodate the wider top and the wider bottom cushion. You'll need to cut them. You also lose the ability to fold your seat down.

But they do fit.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, READ this thread again, and actually read it. I already answered this question. Here is your answer:
I did read, I just never came across someone mentioning panel modifications, so I wanted to get more opinions.

Do you have pics of the modifications needed?

I don't think you can call it "fit" if the panels need to be cut.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by giperbolic
I did read, I just never came across someone mentioning panel modifications, so I wanted to get more opinions.

Do you have pics of the modifications needed?

I don't think you can call it "fit" if the panels need to be cut.
Since I'm in the middle of researching this same topic I thought I'd breath new life into this thread.

And I agree if the panels have to be cut then no, I can't say that qualifies as "fitting". I have a '95 coupe (Ej1) w/ ITR fronts and would like to match the rears but so far "bluebomber" is the only one i've seen (after lots of searching) who mention's having to cut anything. So more solid info, or better yet PICTURES would be very helpful.

I actually have some cash to spend and gotta know if reupholstering the civic rears to match is going to be my only real option? I'd REALLY prefer fitting the ITR's if it's possible to look good w/o cutting.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Information Leafblower

Originally Posted by VtecSyndrome
Since I'm in the middle of researching this same topic I thought I'd breath new life into this thread.

And I agree if the panels have to be cut then no, I can't say that qualifies as "fitting". I have a '95 coupe (Ej1) w/ ITR fronts and would like to match the rears but so far "bluebomber" is the only one i've seen (after lots of searching) who mention's having to cut anything. So more solid info, or better yet PICTURES would be very helpful.

I actually have some cash to spend and gotta know if reupholstering the civic rears to match is going to be my only real option? I'd REALLY prefer fitting the ITR's if it's possible to look good w/o cutting.
DB8 rears aren't going to fit into EJ1 without cutting panels. That's the only way I can see it working and keeping the rear panels. Your only other option is going to be removing the panels altogether. If you do that, the top and bottom seats fit just fine. If you want them to latch correctly, I've been looking into modding a 92-95 sedan or DB8 rear latch mechanism into my rear shelf where the speakers are under the rear window.

I'm actually having custom panels made for my car so it looks cleaner than the cuts. I'm sorry I can't provide pictures right now. I'm one of a few people that are doing this and I'm not trying to get copied just yet.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DB8 rears aren't going to fit into EJ1 without cutting panels. That's the only way I can see it working and keeping the rear panels. Your only other option is going to be removing the panels altogether. If you do that, the top and bottom seats fit just fine. If you want them to latch correctly, I've been looking into modding a 92-95 sedan or DB8 rear latch mechanism into my rear shelf where the speakers are under the rear window.

I'm actually having custom panels made for my car so it looks cleaner than the cuts. I'm sorry I can't provide pictures right now. I'm one of a few people that are doing this and I'm not trying to get copied just yet.
gotcha, looks like one of my buddies around here still has their '94 4dr GSR and he's gonna let me borrow the seats to see just how much trouble it'll be. I may post pics myself but we'll see. I should have time to mess with it in the next 1-2 weeks, will update after.

Quick Reply: Please contribute to this "FAQ for Integra rear seat into Civic"