Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please~ I need help FAST and NOW! Axle / Motor mount / Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please~ I need help FAST and NOW! Axle / Motor mount / Tranny

Ok guys I need help really fast, by tonight would be best.

I went to the tracks, wheel hopped, the clutch fell under my foot and I messed my motor mount up.
A piece of the rubber from the driver's mount is chipped off and I can see the inside of it.
I thought no biggie gonna get it replaced with PlaceRacing.

The next day I was washin my car and saw white gunk all inside my left fenderwall and rim and on the driver side of my car. It was a bitch to get out, but I did, it was greasy and nasty.

The day after that (today) I noticed that after like 20mph the engine would get loud, not knocking or clicking, but like loud rubbing from in the engine bay. When I would jerk my car to the left the sound remains but when I jerk to the right it goes away, the sound also goes away when I brake and floor it. My pedals are vibrating a lot too and so is the steering wheel.

When I jacked my car up I can still see the spots of the white greasy gunk all over the inner suspensionm, but I do not see any ripps or tears in the boot at all.
I was also rotating my driver's side wheel and every time I would turn my wheel counter clock and clockwise I would hear a clicking from the half shaft to the tranny, but only when I changed direction I would hear it.

I drive a 99 Civic Si.
Any ideas anyone? I need help, Thanks.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Please~ I need help FAST and NOW! Axle / Motor mount / Tranny (SLeePeR012)

if u there is grease like u say there is u probaly broek you cv joint then. thats my guess
Old 08-18-2003, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Please~ I need help FAST and NOW! Axle / Motor mount / Tranny (blueintegra90)

No tear in the boot. Anyone else have an idea?
Or have an idea why my half shaft is makin clicking noises?
It also makes the same EXACT noise when I drive my car from a dead stop.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Please~ I need help FAST and NOW! Axle / Motor mount / Tranny (SLeePeR012)

if u can get to your axles take and see if there is any play in them maybe your halfshaft joint broke. since it is clicking its probaly one of your cvjoints is bad then.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Please~ I need help FAST and NOW! Axle / Motor mount / Tranny (blueintegra90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueintegra90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u can get to your axles take and see if there is any play in them maybe your halfshaft joint broke. since it is clicking its probaly one of your cvjoints is bad then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think half shafts and cv joints have anyhting to do with each other....
What do you mean????
The clicking is from close to the trans if not inside it where it meets with the half shaft. It has nothing to do with the cv joint I think.

Anyone else have an idea?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:57 PM
official honda whore

i have clicking but its from my wheel bearings