Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

This Place

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Place

This place cracks me up, I've een to other forums and they all seem to be out there for each other to help each other with their certain problems or advise someone to better their car or driving ability, This place is a God damn 1st grade classroom where everyone raggs on the other, my god can we all just grow the f@ck up. I posted pics of my car, most of the replies "Your taillights are ugly", "oh never saw that before" Like I care I posted it so maybe someone could say hey you might wanna try to .............." or it looks good maybe work on the.........." I post something under kills and you all respond " ex lmao", or "does yellow make you faster", or "washer leds and projector lights makes him fast" I mean really do you feel like a bad @ss mocking someone or is it that you jsut don't have a life so you just comment on everyone elses. if your gonna mock me and or my car post something better, you say my car is ugly post a pic of yours (not some pic you find on the web) I'm trying to expand my knowledge on my car, it's engine, and the possibilities that lie within.

Summary: you just wanna run your lip and be an immature @sshole then don't look at my posts.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:27 AM

Default Re: This Place (Grimm)

Great way to put it.

Old 12-07-2001, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude...the rest of us think its funny...
Old 12-07-2001, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In this post you speak your mind. You are complaining about everyone. Join the club. You are bitching, just like everyone else was doing. Get over it. So what if someone doesn't like your car, it's yours. Be proud. What do you expect to happen when you post pics of a riced out ride on a site that is known for not liking rice.

BTW...none of this was meant to be harsh, just wake up. That's how it is. Would you rather us be like purehonda or something?

[Modified by WAFFLES, 10:31 AM 12/7/2001]
Old 12-07-2001, 07:35 AM
l

i actually thought this was the best forum as far as hondas go...

thats from my personal experience...

b18c5 EG told me about it in a post at another forum when he was talking about people not liking tech posts
Old 12-07-2001, 07:37 AM

Default Re: This Place (cotton_lix)

Hydro... that's cool change the name to the site from honda tech to hey lets make fun of you. Or Honda-Mockery.com

cotton_lix.... if your taste is displayed by the pic in your tag, thank god I have none...

Old 12-07-2001, 07:44 AM
New User

1st graders are the ones who dwell on "WORDS." You ask for opinions, then you take them like a man both the good and the bad. There are so many intelligent people on this site and as far as opinions, well they are just like azzholes and you know why. I feel this is the best honda site in the world even though they can be harsh at times. It all comes back to "Sticks and stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me." If someone flames you, flame them with intelligence. It's those that lack the intelligence to make the proper comeback that get pissed at all the flamers. For the most parts, people that flame are just speaking out how they feel.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Grimm, if you want to get opinions about looks post in the Appearance forum.....if you want opinions about technical problems post in Tech.....you are right and you are wrong about this forum, most people here are just bored and are posting when there is nothing else to do.

I personally don't know about the apperance forum and what people will say about the car but, Tech is a very interesting forum....well sometimes. The whole trick to this place is to keep your pics to your self until you know who will appreciate it and who won't.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:56 AM

Default Re: This Place (Spade)

Spade, you are most likly right. Regardles if I have a serious question I will just go to the other forums so I don't have to filter through the mockery to get a straight answer.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see you're being immature. nobody will make fun of you for asking a serious question like "what are my options with my distributor?". If they do they are ****.But comeon, what do you expect when you post pictures on the net. Not everyone will like your car man. Who gives a ****? You shouldn't, and you obviously do since you said you are going to another forum. If you want show stuff and show questions, then walk your *** out of honda-tech and go to some ricer website. Hardly anyone gives a flying **** about show cars around here. If you want serious questions and racing tips and **** like that then please stay. you WILL LEARN a lot staying around H-T.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:09 AM

Default Re: This Place (WAFFLES)

Ok 3 serious question:
1- I have a 96 ex w/ 105000 miles on it, I want to gain a lot of hp what is best turbo or engine swap? if turbo which is best. if swap what will fit?
2- looking to get quicker smoother shifts, granted the transmision shifts as quick as it can as is, what are some mods to help this.
3- what kinda performance enhancement could i get from an ecu upgrad, and what else would i have to do to my car for it.

All i got is a CAI and Strut bars?

Old 12-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

An ECU upgrade might go good with a turbo, but may not do much on it's own except maybe remove the speed limiter.

swap possibilities are endless with your car. You'll probably hear b18 a lot from the folks here. that's probably your biggest bang for the buck.

But you have to decide whether you want to turbo your current engine, swap it or both. It's up to you, and you have to figure out what your goals are for the car (show, drag, autox, roadrace, street, etc...). we'll try to help, but in the end you're the one laying down the money.

what I would do in your situation:
I would concentrate on your suspension set-up first shocks/springs, wheels/tires, maybe even brakes.

And if you're going to continue to post in the tech forum, you might consider losng the grillcraft and the tezzas. You'll just get flamed for them.

good luck. and most of us will try to help you.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:36 AM
New User

There you go Grimm. Serious questions are good. Don't get pissed cause of a few peoples comments. Another thing, use the search feature to look for past quesitons too. A lot of the topics are repeated over and over. This form is my personal favorite hands down. Most of people on this board have either done the rice thing way back and have evolved into form/function over cosmetics or just bypassed the rice thing totally. Nothing wrong with cosmetic enhancements....its just that most people on here are more hard core into performance. You can find some valuable info from these guys. They know their stuff and can help.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This Place (jdmciviceg)

there has been a lot of members feeling the need to unburden their soul. I don't have a problem with this, but it usually turns into an arguement, and we also have a members corner where such topics should be posted.