Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pictures of my del Sol track whore

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pictures of my del Sol track *****

Still working on her. All of these pictures were taken before I was stationed overseas for 3 years. She's been at my brother's all that time and I recently got back a couple months ago. I'm in the process of accumulating everything I need to swap the B16 out for a K20.

ENGINE
B16A2 Swap
AEM V1 Cold Air Intake
DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
GReddy EVO1 Exhaust System
Custom Oil Cooler Setup with Relocated Filter

SUSPENSION/BRAKE
Tein FLEX coilovers
Energy Suspension bushing set
OEM del Sol VTEC strut tower brace
OEM del Sol VTEC subframe brace
OEM del Sol VTEC rear lower control arms
Beaks Products EG SRK
Mugen 26mm front and rear stabilizer bars
Skunk2 Front upper control arms
Skunk2 Extended wheel studs
Skunk2 Lightweight lugnuts
Rota Slipstream wheels 15" w/ Falken Azenis
Wilwood Dynalite NDL 4pot calipers
Fastbrakes Wilwood caliper brackets
Fastbrakes front stainless steel brake lines
Cobalt Friction GT3000 rotors front/rear
Wilwood B Compound Pads Front
Cobalt Friction Sport Pads Rear

STEREO
JVC KD-SH55 Head unit (removed and put in my Civic)
JVC 560W amplifier
Infinity Kappa 60.5cs components front
Infinity Kappa 62.5L coaxial rears
Eclipse 120W amplifer (removed and put in my Civic)
Xtant 12" DVC subwoofer (removed and put in my Civic)

EXTERIOR
JDM One Piece Headlights
JDM Foglights Clear with Raybrig Yellow H3 blubs
Luminics H4H Yellow bulbs
Vis Mugen replica front bumper cover
Mugen replica rear spoiler
20% window tint + black vinyl windshield strip
LoCustom Shark Attack II antenna

INTERIOR
JDM SiR Instrument cluster
JDM Maplights
JDM HVAC panel
Levoc Aluminum MT pedal set w/ dead pedal
Mugen Sports Type steering wheel
Tekniq steering wheel hub and quick release adapter
Mugen shift ****
Buddy Club racing seat (new since pictures)
Brian Davis harness bar
RCI Harnesses
Custom camera mount

These are the most recent pics

Here's some more:

And finally, some Chibi/ChoroQ's:

Modified by TrackSol at 4:05 PM 7/19/2008

Modified by TrackSol at 7:01 PM 7/20/2008
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pictures of my del Sol track ***** (TrackSol)

dude that hurts for del sol lovers.. what you guys are doing to your del sol!....... but i know everybody thinks different.... poor del sol.. will be in better hands on a JDM LOVER..
Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pictures of my del Sol track ***** (sorullo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude that hurts for del sol lovers.. what you guys are doing to your del sol!....... but i know everybody thinks different.... poor del sol.. will be in better hands on a JDM LOVER.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope you're not serious. I'd much rather see ANY Honda actually get actually driven around a track rather than dressed up in track gear and JDM **** just to be paraded around like a blonde with huge ****.

To the OP: interesting choice, I hardly see del Sol's being used on the track. and they're one of my favorite Honda's as well. When you get that K in there you'll have a fairly unique car...
Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With the beer's, the thumbs up and the waving smiley, i took it as sarcasm.

Thanks hushypushy. I can't wait to get the K in there. I still have to strip the car down and put in the roll cage and do some seam welding...
Old 07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pictures of my del Sol track ***** (sorullo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude that hurts for del sol lovers.. what you guys are doing to your del sol!....... but i know everybody thinks different.... poor del sol.. will be in better hands on a JDM LOVER.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

GTFO man its a track car not a JDM ***** car... christ, hes actually using it and not hardparking it.

Looks good man. Cant wait to see it with the K, then you'll really tear up those road courses.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You know, the funny thing is that it is JDM styled. Mugen replica bumper. Mugen replica rear spoiler. Real Mugen Sports Type steering wheel, Formula shift ****, Integra 26mm stabilizer bars front/rear, JDM headlights, JDM foglights, JDM cluster, JDM Climate control, JDM maplights, LOL.

I don't understand why "JDM" is hard parking. There's lots of guys with Hondas in Japan that go to track days, LOL. So if you think about it, I'm JDM and hardcore, not a JDM hardcore poser.... But whatever I don't REALLY care. I just wanted to share with you guys. I still think it's a POS sometimes, haha.

Modified by TrackSol at 1:13 AM 7/19/2008
Old 07-18-2008, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Pictures of my del Sol track ***** (hushypushy)

well i'm not gonna argue with you on that.. but i rather see a jdm.( stock, clean, nice) than that del sol.... and by the way.. jdm del sols are no use to be on the track... so i don't know where are you getting the issue about a jdm going into the tracks ... jdm are jdm and mods are mods.. what the hell are you talking about???
but for the guy on the black del sol for the track.. dude do whatever you want on it.. you can even put a plane engine on it i do not care.. everything a care is for a del sol owner to care about his ride.. there are not many del sols out there so take care of it..now is becoming a collection car..
Old 07-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (TrackSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrackSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, the funny thing is that it is JDM styled. Mugen replica bumper. Mugen replica rear spoiler. Real Mugen Sports Type steering wheel, Formula shift ****, Integra 26mm stabilizer bars front/rear, JDM headlights, JDM foglights, JDM cluster, JDM Climate control, JDM maplights, LOL.

I don't understand why "JDM" is hard parking. There's lots of guys with Hondas in Japan that go to track days, LOL. So if you think about it, I'm JDM and hardcore, not a JDM hardcore poser.... But whatever I don't REALLY care. I just wanted to share with you guys. I still think it's a POS sometimes, haha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but i really like your track sh!@# .. just do not say is a jdm..!1 cuz that does not make any sense.. .... but is not jdm tho..
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sorullo)

Who made you the expert there on JDM, LOL.

What about these actual Japanese del Sols:

http://www.tracksol.net/japdelsols/

Really, JDM is supposed to be about using Japanese only parts, whether they're OEM or aftermarket but only made in Japan. So you with your AEM, DC Sports, Function/Form, D2, PasswordJDM, that's not true JDM so shut up.

JDM as a style is retarded anyway because they started copying us after we started copying them. So it's all just mixed.

Keep on rolling with your stock boring plain look, however hard JDM parkers yo! take pics of me Rodrez Pleaz.

Thanks for liking my car though, although I really don't give a [freak].

Modified by TrackSol at 1:23 AM 7/19/2008
Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrackSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who made you the expert there on JDM, LOL.

What about these actual Japanese del Sols:

http://www.tracksol.net/japdelsols/

Really, JDM is supposed to be about using Japanese only parts, whether they're OEM or aftermarket but only made in Japan. So you with your AEM, DC Sports, Function/Form, D2, PasswordJDM, that's not true JDM so shut up.

JDM as a style is retarded anyway because they started copying us after we started copying them. So it's all just mixed.

Keep on rolling with your stock boring plain look, however hard JDM parkers yo! take pics of me Rodrez Pleaz.</TD></TR></TABLE>

like i said ... i'm not going to argue about your ride man.. it looks co; and great.... i reapeat.. you can put a plane engine on it.. and that's cool if you like it...
but a jdm is a jdm and yours is not a jdm is a usdm.. and that's different... so is not abouth your car is about the meaning of jdm and usdm.. we have udsm models not jdm models.. you know that very well, but still thinking that del sol will look better on a jdm lover that a usdm fanatic...
but like i said got no problem with your ride looks cool.. the same way you want to share your car with us ... the same way expect different comments about your ride.

by the way i own a del sol and have not promblem saying that is a usdm.. it does not matter what mods i have done on it. but still a usdm..
Old 07-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And even "USDM" del sols were made in the Suzuka plant, you know, the same one that made NSX's and S2000. They're just made LHD with US spec safety and then shipped over. So really, and del Sol is more "JDM" than your POS civic, LOL.

It's JupiterDM, JalopyDM, JackassDM, USJDM, I-don't-give-a-flying-[freak]-DM, even though I never called it JDM in the first place, you did.

to you too
Old 07-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all i have to say is that is one ill' *** del sol, its so dope looking.. let me get your B16
Old 07-18-2008, 09:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrackSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And even "USDM" del sols were made in the Suzuka plant, you know, the same one that made NSX's and S2000. They're just made LHD with US spec safety and then shipped over. So really, and del Sol is more "JDM" than your POS civic, LOL.

to you too</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i could be made in russia// but still a USDM..
but i really give for your track del sol..
Old 07-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (geneeunit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by geneeunit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all i have to say is that is one ill' *** del sol, its so dope looking.. let me get your B16 </TD></TR></TABLE>

It'll probably be a while before I finish the swap but you're welcome to buy it if you want, hahah.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:33 AM

nice del sol i realy like it would love to get my eg hatch out on the track sometime next year im still in the process of building it
Old 07-19-2008, 07:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Pictures of my del Sol track ***** (hushypushy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hushypushy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you're not serious. I'd much rather see ANY Honda actually get actually driven around a track rather than dressed up in track gear and JDM **** just to be paraded around like a blonde with huge ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha i love it! that just made my morning... thank you hushypushy! to the op sick track car... your gonna love that k when you get it in there!!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrackSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, the funny thing is that it is JDM styled. Mugen replica bumper. Mugen replica rear spoiler. Real Mugen Sports Type steering wheel, Formula shift ****, Integra 26mm stabilizer bars front/rear, JDM headlights, JDM foglights, JDM cluster, JDM Climate control, JDM maplights, LOL.

I don't understand why "JDM" is hard parking. There's lots of guys with Hondas in Japan that go to track days, LOL. So if you think about it, I'm JDM and hardcore, not a JDM hardcore poser.... But whatever I don't REALLY care. I just wanted to share with you guys. I still think it's a POS sometimes, haha.

Modified by TrackSol at 1:13 AM 7/19/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i know it was loaded with JDM parts but your actually using it on a road course. a lot of people just like the JDM bling and park it to look sick. Thats what this tool sorullo is talking about he'd rather see a clean JDM car with a bunch of parts thrown on it and not used than a JDM built car on a track..why cause hes a noob. Your ***** clean even with the paint the way it is, and its built to how you like it, and thats all that matters, glad to see a sol on the track.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Re: (EJ1_Sleeper)

i think it looks like a tracked del sol. the whole JDM thing in this case Just Doesn't Matter, no pun intended
Old 07-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice JDM del sol. Although i despise the mugen front bumper.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks everyone for you comments. Being "JDM" has never been my "goal". I buy what I like and if it happens to be a JDM item, then so be it.

I sort of like the all blacked out look, so I MAY paint the whole car satin black, but then I'd be like I'm copying Skunk2 or that one NSX time attacker, but I'm still going to tear her down and still paint her.

I'll still take her to the track though, LOL.

@ rSol93
The Mugen bumper is the only bumper I've ever liked. I've never really liked the Aux lights on the stock bumper. The only other alternative for me would be the 96-97 bumper with a TypeR style lip on it, but I still like the Mugen style better. Plus Mugen actually tests their aero parts in a wind tunnel to check the cd, frontal area and downforce production. I actually gained 10mph top speed with this bumper alone.....
Old 07-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lovin' the Sol..
Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, it isn't that bad, im all for the function over form thing too.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Pictures of my del Sol track ***** (TrackSol)

not a del sol fan but its a nice car
Old 07-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrackSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I actually gained 10mph top speed with this bumper alone.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Proof needed for that one...
Old 07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@starion99esir
It's kinda hard to get the proof now since I don't have access to two different 6 mile bridges and an additional 5 mile bridge anymore like I did when I was in Tampa. Guess you'll have to just take my word for it for know until I have the capability to do it again. I'll need to get a stock bumper as well to compare cuz I sold mine after I installed the new one.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my del Sol track whore