Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs

Has anyone ever used these in your headlights? I was thinking of switiching them into my stock headlights, which just aren't cutting it these days. I've done a little reading up on it, and it appears that PIAA is a decent brand, but does anyone have an opinion?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (EXCoupe03)

If you're looking for bulbs that perform better than stock, check out Sylvania XtraVision or SilverStar.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (Padawan)

i got the piaa's in my car..i like them a lot and they have a 1 year warranty...
Old 01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

superwhite...cough...ghey!!!

quit wasting your money or stupid **** that doesn't make your car go faster.

These lights suck anyway and will eventually burn out cause your stock headlight is not designed to handle the extra heat.

As you get older you will look back and be like, why did I do all that stupid **** to my car, it was ricey and I don't like it anymore.

Spend your money on where you should be when you are a car enthusiast.....making it go FAST.

You want pretty....go play with dolls or dresses.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (mike1114)

It's an automatic...yes, I know...getting performance parts would be a waste of money

That and I can't see for **** at night with my stock lights...
Old 01-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sometime it's not all about power. You increase the your car performance. Now it's the drivers turn.

I rather be able to see at night than having a super fast car that you can't see ****.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:28 PM
overrated.

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (kaiba)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaiba &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I rather be able to see at night than having a super fast car that you can't see ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i personally use Silverstars, and they are a huge improvement over stock. I haven't heard anything about PIAAs, but nothing but good has been said about Silverstars and i haven't had a single issue with mine
Old 01-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (OnePointFive)

go with HIDs. i have the mcculloch 10000K set and as far as visibility goes...awesome. it will run you about $360 but i honestly love mine and i wouldnt switch back if i got paid to, and they look bad ***...and dont worry i make my car go fast too
Old 01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (sTohc99)

i have the super plasma gtx's in my 05 pilot. big improvement over stock, good color, and a lot better than silverstar's imo.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (hadboosttroy)

I don't want to spend too much, but then again, I don't want to fry my stock sockets...i'm willing to pay up to maybe $150
Old 01-27-2005, 05:21 PM

those super white will toast your socket sooner or later, im having a hard time to replace the socket once every 2 months, now i went back to stock. IMO, get a 6000K HID should be enough, anything higher than that, everyone else on the road will hate you. thats of course, if its not proper installed its even worse
Old 01-27-2005, 05:24 PM

i thought piaa's were pretty expensive? if I were you Id check out the silverstars because IVe only heard good things about them.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">superwhite...cough...ghey!!!

quit wasting your money or stupid **** that doesn't make your car go faster.

These lights suck anyway and will eventually burn out cause your stock headlight is not designed to handle the extra heat.

As you get older you will look back and be like, why did I do all that stupid **** to my car, it was ricey and I don't like it anymore.

Spend your money on where you should be when you are a car enthusiast.....making it go FAST.

You want pretty....go play with dolls or dresses.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stock wattage PIAAs won't be a problem. I guess my stock headlights are heat resistant or something...

There's more to being a car enthusiast than going fast.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sinister6)

save up for a 4300K HID kit and do a retrofit...you'll never be happier
Old 01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've got the piaa gtx in my sol had them for at least 2 years and i think visibility is good but saving for retro fit now i dunno why everyone says things about frying your harness nothings happened to mine in 2 years.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (velocity)

If the PIAAs are stock wattage there should be no problem.

If legality is a consideration, HID retrofits are illegal.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:58 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (Outrun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Outrun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If legality is a consideration, HID retrofits are illegal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So are the PIAA's that he's considering.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're looking for bulbs that perform better than stock, check out Sylvania XtraVision or SilverStar. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (Flitch)

I have KOITOs on my car. Much better light over stock and the bulbs aren't that cheesy blue glass like so many PIAA and RAZO bulbs are. Made by Mackin Industries so they garner more trust from me. Time will tell though.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs (K I O K E N)

piaa is the leader in lighting, and you think koito is more confidence inspiring. i dont quite understand the logic?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K I O K E N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have KOITOs on my car. Much better light over stock and the bulbs aren't that cheesy blue glass like so many PIAA and RAZO bulbs are. Made by Mackin Industries so they garner more trust from me. Time will tell though.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hadboosttroy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">piaa is the leader in lighting, and you think koito is more confidence inspiring. i dont quite understand the logic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do not see PIAA as being the leader in lighting for one. Sounds like a subjective ruling if you ask me. I would think a company like Sylvania with annual revenues will beat PIAA everytime, therefore being more of a leader in lighting. And yes, koito is more 'confidence inspiring' to me. Hence my logic.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Silverstars all the way. I like them better over stock and they are not 100+ dollars.They are brighter and aren't that ricer blue. Theyre like 40 bucks and thats money well spent.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K I O K E N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I do not see PIAA as being the leader in lighting for one. Sounds like a subjective ruling if you ask me. I would think a company like Sylvania with annual revenues will beat PIAA everytime, therefore being more of a leader in lighting. And yes, koito is more 'confidence inspiring' to me. Hence my logic. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sylvania is ****, i think the majority of their revenue is not exactly from automotive lighting, and if you want to compare revenues in automotive lighting (what PIAA is) vs. revenue from Sylvania lighting, I think PIAA would win. We will just have to check the finanicial statements I guess If koito is more confidence inspiring to you thats your deal, but it certainly is not a better product.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hadboosttroy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sylvania is ****, i think the majority of their revenue is not exactly from automotive lighting, and if you want to compare revenues in automotive lighting (what PIAA is) vs. revenue from Sylvania lighting, I think PIAA would win. We will just have to check the finanicial statements I guess If koito is more confidence inspiring to you thats your deal, but it certainly is not a better product.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay man, we are going back and forth over light bulbs for God's sake, haha.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:15 PM

FYI when getting HIDs 4300K is what is stock on like BMW and ish. anything higher just gives you more color but not more light. the guy with the 10000k HIDs will actually get less light then say me rockin the 6000k i wanted a lil more blue to my lights and figured i could deal with the little light loss that would occour from that little of an increase. but i also am rockin PIAAs for my high beams. oh yeah your prolly gonna hate but i have a S14 conversion thats why i have both kinds of bulbs.

Quick Reply: PIAA Super Plasma GT-X Bulbs