Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Paint, yes i've searched.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint, yes i've searched.....

Just to let u know i've searched and FYI HT's search sucks! i've tried "much and paint" and i cant even get anything, wtf.... searching "paint" gives u like 1000 threads....

Anyways this should be an easy question for most of you. i have a 92 hatch that i want to paint. how much paint will i need and how much clear coat will i need. and are there any good distritubors i can order from the internet or locally (WI)? btw i want to paint either frost white or championship white. oh and what are some good name brands i should look for? thanks!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Paint, yes i've searched..... (D21X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D21X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to let u know i've searched and FYI HT's search sucks! i've tried "much and paint" and i cant even get anything, wtf.... searching "paint" gives u like 1000 threads....</TD></TR></TABLE>

A.) H-T has one of the better search functions of the websites I frequent and
B.) specify a little more and it'll narrow down for you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D21X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyways this should be an easy question for most of you. i have a 92 hatch that i want to paint. how much paint will i need and how much clear coat will i need. and are there any good distritubors i can order from the internet or locally (WI)? btw i want to paint either frost white or championship white. oh and what are some good name brands i should look for? thanks! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get 3 quarts of paint and 2 quarts of clear. Go through PPG if you can.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint, yes i've searched..... (Archidictus)

wow i really didnt think anyone would respond, i'd figure someone would start flamin me.

thanks tho!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint, yes i've searched..... (Senses Fail y0!)

it usually takes about a gallon of paint to paint a car
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint, yes i've searched..... (LShatchie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LShatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it usually takes about a gallon of paint to paint a car </TD></TR></TABLE>

would that change if my car was already painted, but i just want to put fresh paint over it???

my car is frost white right now, but i want to put championship white over it. the frost white has some bondo, and primer in some spots and the paint has scratches all over it.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure you primer over where ever the bondo is first, when I say a gallon of paint that means 2 quarts of paint to 2 quarts of thinner which equals a gallon of paint
Old 06-09-2005, 07:16 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D21X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would that change if my car was already painted, but i just want to put fresh paint over it???</TD></TR></TABLE>
No your still going to want to put at LEAST two coats down, Im using Two paint and three clear coats in my project. I bought Three qts. but I'm doing the door jambs and everything on my car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D21X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my car is frost white right now, but i want to put championship white over it. the frost white has some bondo, and primer in some spots and the paint has scratches all over it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
scratches dont really make a difference, sand those out because you'll see them ni the new paint, get some fine sandpaper and just lightyl sand till there out. The bondo needs to be painted over with a primor preffibly white to match the current paint so when you do the new paint it looks uniform and not dark in one area.

Here check out my paint project and tell me what you think and post any other questions you have.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1262071

Ohh I also went thro PPG there a BIT more for paint (not much) but worth it.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Paint, yes i've searched..... (nocturnaldragon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
A.) H-T has one of the better search functions of the websites I frequent and
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree.

Your search for painting car returned 89 results.

Not too many results to browse the topic titles, and I found a few that would have helped you, but your question has been answered already. Searching is apparently an acquired skill.