Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

over coming theft

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over coming theft

the car was stolen from me on oct 8 and i just got it back go yesterday, it was not covered for theft and please leave the comment about how it should have ben out of this thank, i'll will make sure all project are covered in the future! most all the body parts were taken along with some interior stuff, i've had it almost 4 years, i bought a 00 front got a ebay lip kit and taillight use dupli color to get it looking better painted sir looking moldings on the bumpers, use some fabric to do a two tone hood that looks like carbon fiber put 5 lug on my crx so i had some ls webs for it taken me 4 months to get it back let me no what you think it not as nice as it was but atleast i got it back going
Attached Images          

Last edited by k20rex; 02-07-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: over coming theft

hey man did u steal my car and turn it to a hatch lol. it look sthe same as ur first pic just a coupe. what engine do u have
Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right now the car has a d16y8, it has had a Ls b18b, same Ls with gsr head and b18a Ls vtec with b16 head poor mans itr
Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya. sorry to here about ur car. thats my biggest fear. did u have an alarm? ya i got a d16y5 slow lol. ima do a b18c1 swap
Old 02-06-2010, 10:33 PM

from october to febuary, dang i feel for you man but at least you did get it back....how did you get it back tho did the police finde it on the side of the road or something

theft is always my biggest concern especially when you park and you notice someone drive by or walk by and all they do is stare at your car........then while im gone im always thinking crap my car my car my car i even worry about my front grille being torn off

what security changes do you plan on doing now if you dont mind me asking??,, im always looking for better ways do detere people and keep my parts safe but the problem is that when someone lays an eye on your car they get determined
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How bout you blur out your license plate to prevent future thefts . . lol . . DUH!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:51 PM

put a top of the line alarm in it forsure. atleast you got it back
Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i now plan on selling the car now to help fund my k20a crx, in the mean time i plan on keeping it in the shop which i normal did before it got stolen but i was cleaning the shop out and the third night it was gone, i have an alarm also but my remote battery went died about week before it happened so really i just got caught slipping up, im not to worried about having the plate number up the car is in the my shop witch has a alarm as part of my home sytem and the cars alarm is set
Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is some pictures of the car when it was 5 lug thank god i took it off before
Attached Images    
Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

dam bro taken on my bday bum i feel yea im scared i cant sleep at night in fearing of my car geting stolen
Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 AM

thats crazy bad luck the thieve must have bee watching that car
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's not that bad man, my eg was completely gutted, good luck on the rebuild we all gotta come back stronger stay up
Old 02-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Single Sixteen
How bout you blur out your license plate to prevent future thefts . . lol . . DUH!!!!
OP, do the above..take down any of the pictures you have posted since you have gotten your car back that shows your tag numbers..that's not a good way to get back rolling on your feet. Thieves do lurk these boards and from what I have heard some have the know how to get your info using your tag number which you put in plain sight.

I think it looks good man. I like those LS wheels. I was trying to find some but never could get my hands on any..oh well. Its hard to bounce back from a theft, trust me I know. Mine was stolen on September 18th 2005 and found about 4 hours later but the damage was done. Looked similar to yours except they also stripped my interior.

But I came back. Invest in a good alarm and more importantly install it the correct way. The difference between a guy that spends $200 on an alarm and one that spends $1,000 but both have Best Buy install them..Difference=NONE. Those installs suck, leave the alarm brain in plain view under the the steering column. Siren in plain view under the hood.

Check out suspendedhatch and his info on alarms and invest the time and energy into gathering that info, get your alarm and extra sensors and do a stealth alarm install.

I ditched the actual battery that comes with the DEI 520T and got a bigger 12V battery at Radio Shack.

A good alarm installed the correct way will go a long way in protecting your car, the tow truck option for a thief can be dwindled down as long as you use common sense where you park.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And remember to take those pics down and do something such as this to your plates:
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by skar1
That's not that bad man, my eg was completely gutted, good luck on the rebuild we all gotta come back stronger stay up
in a way i was lucky all tho i don't feel lucky i no that it could have ben worse my car has gsr leathers and were no touched, this is the worst thing about owning a honda sorry to hear about your eg good luck with the rebuild
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k20rex
in a way i was lucky all tho i don't feel lucky i no that it could have ben worse my car has gsr leathers and were no touched, this is the worst thing about owning a honda sorry to hear about your eg good luck with the rebuild
I didn't feel lucky at first either, but after awhile realized I was. I got my car back in like 4 hours and although it was stripped inside and out, at least I had my car back and had a platform to start over. And yes "paranoia" is part of having a Civic.

I don't worry about my car at night when its in my garage. I live 3/4 mile off the main paved road, 2 sets of gravel driveways..I have sensors put out along my driveway so I know someone is coming way before they get to my front yard..any thief to attempt coming to my house at night has some *****, his problem is the driveway alarms will have already waken me up and I will be on my porch with my pump 12G waiting.

I am still paranoid when I am somewhere such as wal-mart, etc even though I have all the alarm stuff. I don't even go to the mall and park, not happening in my car, which means I don't go to the mall.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, someone stole your car with an ls inside and took the time to put another engine back in?? consider yourself lucky and move on.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 300whpej
wow, someone stole your car with an ls inside and took the time to put another engine back in?? consider yourself lucky and move on.
no

Last edited by k20rex; 07-09-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, Atleast you got it back, some people wont. I had a 98 that was stolen and I recovered it three days later, I was lucky, the only things taken was my GSR leathers and rims. The car had a GSR motor and rear disk brakes,and they left that.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Laz's EP
Wow, Atleast you got it back, some people wont. I had a 98 that was stolen and I recovered it three days later, I was lucky, the only things taken was my GSR leathers and rims. The car had a GSR motor and rear disk brakes,and they left that.
Damn dude, I'd say you did get lucky. I feel even luckier now since I got mine back roughly 4 hours later. But man the guys that got mine were quick. Must have been a team.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
Damn dude, I'd say you did get lucky. I feel even luckier now since I got mine back roughly 4 hours later. But man the guys that got mine were quick. Must have been a team.
When I went to the towing company, I was scared to open my hood, when I did, I was so relieved to see the motor there lol. I was "YES"
Old 02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Laz's EP
When I went to the towing company, I was scared to open my hood, when I did, I was so relieved to see the motor there lol. I was "YES"
I bet dude. Heart would have been pounding before and while you were opening the hood. I didn't figure they would take my engine when mine got stole as the D was still in it. All they did under the bay was still my radiator.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had one stolen in '99, it was insured so I wished I hadn't gotten it back. I'd have rather had the money. It was never the same.

I'm glad you got yours back though since it wasn't insured. Where'd they find it 5 months later?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vanilla_rice
Had one stolen in '99, it was insured so I wished I hadn't gotten it back. I'd have rather had the money. It was never the same.

I'm glad you got yours back though since it wasn't insured. Where'd they find it 5 months later?
they found it 2 weeks later in a apple orchard about 10 miles from my house. its taken 4 months to get it fixed