Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which other parts are good for suspension? Im looking to get the best handling possible.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which other parts are good for suspension? Im looking to get the best handling possible.

Currently suspension wise I have:
-Full coilover kit (Shocks and all that from Skunk2)
-Rear Lower Control Arms

Next week getting:
-5 Lug conversion (Dont think this really has to do with suspension)
-Front Camber Kit
-Rear Camber Kit
-Top Hats

What else would give me better handling and would fit the suspension category
OTHER THEN:
Front and Rear Strut Bars
Front and Rear Sway Bars
Getting those within time aswell.

Btw this is for an EJ6
Old 04-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Which other parts are good for suspension? Im looking to get the best handling possible. (spacem

Anyone ?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Which other parts are good for suspension? Im looking to get the best handling possible. (spacem

I think you are going to find that tires are your NUMBER ONE tool for sorting out your suspension. I'm currently on cheap-o tires and don't like it much. Keep in mind they are the only thing connecting you to the road.

Otherwise, your plan seems good. If you are really balling, you could try a Suspension bushing kit and Korbach Frame Locks. You probably don't need the top-hats unless you are SLAMMED.....and you can make a rear camber kit for $5.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMelt4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you are going to find that tires are your NUMBER ONE tool for sorting out your suspension. I'm currently on cheap-o tires and don't like it much. Keep in mind they are the only thing connecting you to the road.

Otherwise, your plan seems good. If you are really balling, you could try a Suspension bushing kit and Korbach Frame Locks. You probably don't need the top-hats unless you are SLAMMED.....and you can make a rear camber kit for $5.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

roll cage
Old 04-23-2007, 09:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMelt4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you are going to find that tires are your NUMBER ONE tool for sorting out your suspension. I'm currently on cheap-o tires and don't like it much. Keep in mind they are the only thing connecting you to the road.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the reply
Yeah im thinking of slamming the car...not too far...but just give it a nice decent low look, and some improved handling...

Tires im getting are Eagle F1 GSD3s
The camber kit and all that I prefer to get skunk2 though, rather then make my own, I tend to stick to skunk2 for this project car.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 AM

I don't know a lot about those Eagles, but depending on how much you can handle tire wear (like needing a new set at around 15K), I'd look into Falkens/Yokos/Kuhmos/all the other usual suspects. You will be very happy, every day. Except when it rains.

In regards to camber: Bear in mind that you will get a fair chunk of negative camber just from lowering the car. Camber kits on civics are really only NECESSARY for people who are freakish about dialing in EXACTLY as much camber as they need to lower lap times and stuff. If you are street driving it, I think you'll be better off spending your money on a nice intake or something.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hazard_one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">roll cage </TD></TR></TABLE>

what is a roll cage going to do for suspension? it's a safety device. and not even that if you daily drive with one and dont wear a helmet.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what is a roll cage going to do for suspension? it's a safety device. and not even that if you daily drive with one and dont wear a helmet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hint: Flex
Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMelt4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know a lot about those Eagles, but depending on how much you can handle tire wear (like needing a new set at around 15K), I'd look into Falkens/Yokos/Kuhmos/all the other usual suspects. You will be very happy, every day. Except when it rains.

In regards to camber: Bear in mind that you will get a fair chunk of negative camber just from lowering the car. Camber kits on civics are really only NECESSARY for people who are freakish about dialing in EXACTLY as much camber as they need to lower lap times and stuff. If you are street driving it, I think you'll be better off spending your money on a nice intake or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

These are the tires:
Picture: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...SD3XL
Info: http://www.tirerack.com/survey...SD3XL
Supposedly their UNBELIEVABLE in the rain from everyone I heard, and amazing in Dry.

About the camber kits, well Im making a Show/Track car... So Im kind of getting all the possible suspension components.

Can't really get an intake as im preparing my K24/K20/TR6Spd Build for december.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spaceman00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Supposedly their UNBELIEVABLE in the rain from everyone I heard, and amazing in Dry.

About the camber kits, well Im making a Show/Track car... So Im kind of getting all the possible suspension components.

Can't really get an intake as im preparing my K24/K20/TR6Spd Build for december.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right on, as long as you know why you are getting what you are getting. Too many folks just jump in without looking first.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sell those Skunk2 shocks and get some Koni Yellows