Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Osaka Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Osaka Motors?

Any feedback on them? A good friend recommended me to them as well as a local speed shop. Anyone else had any kind of experiences with ordering engines?

Also-- when you order a swap and have it shipped to your house, where do they leave it? On your driveway or what?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (grandtheftlunchbox)

BUMP

anyone...?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:56 PM

sometimes they ship it straight to a shop, your house...but require a signature, or a freighting company for you to pick it up.... i have never used them... sorry
Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (nicks-eg6)

okay, because in the "comments/more info" section, i put "shipping to a household address". so what will happen if no one's home to sign it???
Old 04-13-2008, 06:03 PM

more than likely the freighting company will take it back to it's place of business and call you to tell you to come and get the *****.... my friend had to drive 4 hours to pick up his rb20det
Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow that's pretty ghey...

hopefully the freighting company is near me. otherwise i've got a long drive to do in a couple of weeks haha.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:14 PM

what swap are you looking to do?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OBD1 DOHC ZC into a 95 civic sedan. gonna build it up for a turbo eventually but im gonna leave it stock for now and drop it in with a new set of rod/main bearings and piston rings. i got a damn good deal on it (the entire swap for 650+250 shipping).
Old 04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, they are a good company, but seriously, save more money and do something a lil more worth your time. youll want more. my buddy got his b16 swap from osaka and it came with some issues. they shipped him another one and had the last one picked up. stand up company if you ask me for them
Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (slambedcivic)

Haha well... i have a $220/month school loan payment for the next 4 years so im basically gonna be broke pretty soon. my d15 has almost 200K on it anyways so who knows when its gonna pop. i just figured it was a good idea to do something cheap but a little more powerful then rebuild it in the future. for now, i think ill be content with running sub-20 second times unlike before hahaha. thanks for the info
Old 04-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

keep the trusty d man! if it blows up, people give them away.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$650 for a DOHC ZC when for the same price you could have gotten a SOHC ZC which makes the same power and is a better and lighter motor with more aftermarket support...
Old 04-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (baller status)

True, but the reason i went with a DOHC setup is simply because i'll have more options when it comes to cam timing. i'd stick with the d15 but i really can't stand how slow it is, or the fact that it's an automatic, and i can sacrifice a little bit of gas mileage. i'm just trying to work with what money i do have.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh and also--- the DOHC is only about 25 pounds heavier than a SOHC. AND there is plenty of aftermarket support out there. eagle rods, arias pistons, JGE cams, intakes, heads, etc etc. not to mention a lot of D series parts and ZC parts are interchangeable.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

search osaka on this site, I have never heard anything good about them, unless you can go there and pick out the motor yourself, I wouldn't do business with them
Old 04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grandtheftlunchbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">True, but the reason i went with a DOHC setup is simply because i'll have more options when it comes to cam timing. i'd stick with the d15 but i really can't stand how slow it is, or the fact that it's an automatic, and i can sacrifice a little bit of gas mileage. i'm just trying to work with what money i do have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"I really can't stand how slow it is" Get used to that feeling with a NA 1.5 OR 1.6 liter motor....

My LS swap was like $750 in the end *Paid $430 shipped for trans, mounts, and shift linkage, another like $50 for the ECU, and drive 2 hours for the motor *paid $275 for the whole long block with wiring harness and axles and mounts*, so for another $100 you can get a more powerful engine with FAR more potential...
Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (Dasfinc)

yeah, but i just wanted to do something different. it's not like i'm looking to get INSANE amounts of power out of it, just a solid daily driver that will hold good ground for a mild turbo setup in the future with better rods, pistons, cams, some porting, etc.

i hear people say all the time "just save the money and get a B-series" but honestly it probably won't matter because either way i'm going to build the bottom end to hold up, so in the end i'd just be spending a crap ton more money just for parts that i really won't even use.

i see potential in it, as long as it's built right.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:47 PM

wish i built mine from scratch!! would have been a lot cheaper and a lot faster!!! i got a gsr from jspecautosports i took off work to see the 18 wheeler back into my driveway!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grandtheftlunchbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, but i just wanted to do something different. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, you drive a honda.... if you want something different... well.... you know where im going with this
Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, you drive a honda.... if you want something different... well.... you know where im going with this</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha.... that is true my friend. oh well.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (mastakmk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mastakmk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wish i built mine from scratch!! would have been a lot cheaper and a lot faster!!! i got a gsr from jspecautosports i took off work to see the 18 wheeler back into my driveway!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

man i wish i could do that. i dont know what day its gonna arrive yet though. tomorrow would be nice haha.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ABSOLUTELY NOT
Had a terrible experience with them. Ordered a B16A swap with LSD. They gave me a mint B16 and a baller status S80 Type R tranny and once I got the engine in, the tranny was absolute trash. Called, complained, and got the "out of warranty" saying. My parents own a very reputable shop in Campbell Hall, NY and any time we have had a problem with an engine or tranny from any other parts distributor or salvage yard, they have had no problem backing up their product. Basically the terms of their "warranty" are shady and are effective when the engine is shipped. Considering it took about a week to get here and took me forever to get an open bay in our shop, by the time I got it in, it was within 30 days of receiving it, but not when it was shipped. Now I get to rebuild it NOT

Go with HMotors, all I hear are good things.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hm. Well you have a good head on your shoulders and I respect that.

This sounds counterintuitive but ebay is a pretty safe option. Read through 15 pages of feedback and communicate with the seller BEFORE you make a purchase to see if they can even spell. Delay leaving feedback until you have a few days of driving on the motor.

I found soken-skn through ebay. I picked the motor up in person and toured the facility. I liked what I saw.

There's also attarco.

Hmotors wont touch that motor, huh? They didn't want to have anything to do with the 3 stage VTEC when I was looking for one.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Osaka Motors? (JDM EJ2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM EJ2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ABSOLUTELY NOT
Had a terrible experience with them. Ordered a B16A swap with LSD. They gave me a mint B16 and a baller status S80 Type R tranny and once I got the engine in, the tranny was absolute trash. Called, complained, and got the "out of warranty" saying. My parents own a very reputable shop in Campbell Hall, NY and any time we have had a problem with an engine or tranny from any other parts distributor or salvage yard, they have had no problem backing up their product. Basically the terms of their "warranty" are shady and are effective when the engine is shipped. Considering it took about a week to get here and took me forever to get an open bay in our shop, by the time I got it in, it was within 30 days of receiving it, but not when it was shipped. Now I get to rebuild it NOT

Go with HMotors, all I hear are good things.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so there was a 30 day warranty from the date of purchase? how is it their fault that you took that long to get it in? they stand behind their posted warranty from what ive experienced
Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm... that really sucks, but i'm not too worried about it since everything is coming apart the day i get it to make sure the engine and trans is in tip top shape. hopefully they ship it fast!

Quick Reply: Osaka Motors?