Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch

Alright well im new here, but i've been an involved member of Team-integra.net for over a year now. I recently started college a year early and need to get rid of the car payments on my gs-r because I can't make payments, and achieve the goals I had for my integra @ the same time.

So im looking to sell my gs-r for what my loan is worth and buy a cheap eg hatch so it can be payed off, then i'll be dropping an ImportBuilders Turbo B18C1 in it. After I'm finished w/ that I would redo the whole interior and exterior to achieve
the "all show, all go" affect

So what do you think? Keep the teg, or sell it, keep my rims and put them on the eg hatch i buy?
Old 08-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch (1zach4)

I sold an LS and bought a hatch. Sometimes I regret it, but then I go for a spin.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch (White Lightnin)

what sort of things do you miss from your ls? and im sure your hatch runs faster than a stock gs-r right?
Old 08-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hatch.

no doubt.

had a GSR Sedan, kept the motor and plopped it into my 92 CX, only miss the classy look of the Teg when I meet my parents/gf out in town for dinner. otherwise, so the other 99.9999999% of th etime I am in love with my hybridhatch.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:10 AM

Damn I might be doing the same exact thing with my 2000 Civic EX. I hate car payments. I can't build the 2000 Civic at all with paying car payments and **** too. If i were you I would go for it.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch (00CivicEXCP)

yeah im about to go through w/ it, but the only thing im gonna miss are the little luxuries the integra has. But I guess once my engine is done, ill add the leather or racing seats and do all my custom work, then the luxuries will be there along w/ a killer motor in a nice looking shell.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch (proud BLACK honda owner)

Miss my ITr too death. The way it looked and performed was unbelieveable.

I don't miss worrying about theft
I don't miss the surance.
I don't miss the car note.

I love my civic but sometimes I feel like I'm a little too old for it. Then I downshift to pass someone and I smile knowing i made the right choice.

the amount of stuff I've been able to do with the civic (in the short period of time) I couldn't have down with my integra until I either A) Increased my earning potential or B) Sold my body on the street.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sold my 00 Gsr for a 99 ek hatch. Only thing i miss is the power and suspension. But as notes and theft goes. I dont miss a thing. Besides my Ek hatch is paid off.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch (Apex i ITR)

Go for the civic. You won't regret it. Hatchbacks rule! Good luck in whatever you decide, though.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Opinions on selling gs-r for a civic hatch (1fstazeg6)

Im still not sure on what to do.....I need to sell my teg and almost at the exact same time have a civic to buy, or at least sell my teg on a thursday and have a hatch before monday mornin so I can get to school.

Im really looking for a red hatch, because I have a milano red gs-r and I love it, plus im going w/ the red/black/or cf color scheme. I've already got 5-spoke gunmetal 17"s w/ a polished lip....so it would look nice on a red hatch, possibly a white one too.

But does anyone have a cheap one I could buy that isnt gonna break down on me?

and i havent really researched it, but can i do an Ek to Eg front end swap? kind of like the 94-97 to 98-01 swap for integras? I just like those front ends more. And if so, what all do you need?
Old 08-20-2003, 12:08 PM

I did just the opposite. I had a 93 Si since it was new and wanted something more so got a great deal on a 2000 GSR. Now I have car payments again. The Si is still sitting in the garage. I hate to get rid of it because it's so reliable, cheap to maintain, and fun as heck. The GSR is awesome to drive, BUT, it's black and a pain to keep clean, hot as heck here in Tampa Fl., I worry about someone stealing it, and I *know* I'm going to get a ticket in it. I haven't even made the first payment and already installed an AEM CAI . I'm tempted to sell the GSR and move the tag back to the Si.
If you got a used hb it sounds like you'd be spending as much time working on it as you would with a part-time job to make payments on the GSR. Good luck with your decision.