Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Opinion on what i should do after getting wrong ecu

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on what i should do after getting wrong ecu

I bought a ecu from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...58939 and the guy told me its a obd1 , ended up as obd2 so i did a lot of complaiing. Couple days later ,today he says he will take it back and he didnt know it wasnt obd1. Should i send it back , how do i know he will send me my money through paypal???Im acutally re-selling it now on ebay but would cancel for this as this was a bad set back for me
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...17665
Old 06-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinion on what i should do after getting wrong ecu (turbocivic4)

I wasnt aware that u could use a b series ECU with a Dseries motor in the first place.
is the guy going to pay for all the incurred shipping charges to take the return?
that semms liek the biggest problem you would have especially being in Hawaii.
if he is then return it and see if he can get you an OBD1 if possible. or spend the money to get yours chipped.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinion on what i should do after getting wrong ecu (incubus)

i doubt i will get the shipping money back but the ecu is a 96 integra one, i was getting this ecu for my soon to be b18c1 with drag 3 turbo kit. The guy only had this ecu so he dont got anyting else, you tinkn hell send me my cash back once he gets the ecu?
Old 06-11-2003, 10:17 PM

I'd send it back. If he doesn't return your money or give you a new ECU, you can always leave negative feedback.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinion on what i should do after getting wrong ecu (delsolguy)

yeah i already left negative feedback he wants me to take it back can i do that?also negative feedback is nothing to loosing 150 bucks
Old 06-11-2003, 10:56 PM

So you emailed him and asked what OBD it was?

It was probably an honest mistake on his part. Try and see how much you can get for it on eBay. It would be a hassle for both of you to try and return the ecu to him. At least this way you can be guaranteed some cash.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinion on what i should do after getting wrong ecu (delsolguy)

Well he might have tried to make things right like a 2 weeks ago when he tried calling twice and emailed me once, since then i never heard from him again. Never called or wrote again and i lost 180 bucks on a obd2 ecu that i was mislead to buy. So im pissed as hell still and watch this guy on ebay, so later he sells another obd2 ecu to some other guy for like 180 bucks so i steal his customer.
Now after weeks he emails me and says i should give him back his customer that he was goin to make things right. What should i do sell it to his customer for 115 bucks shipped and take a loss of 65 bucks or give him back his customer. I mean come on he never responded to numerous emails he could have just refunded me my money from the start but blew me off after his so called attempts to make things right. If you dont know if its obd1 dont say it is because its called FRAUD!!!
What should i do , im thinking the hell with this guy and just steal his customer and take a loss
Old 06-20-2003, 12:13 PM

if its too late to file with pay pal,then file with ebay,they will give you your money back minus a $25 deductable,ive been through it 3 times already.had a guy send me a old b16 intake manifold that was suppose to be a new type r manifold,lol.i filed with ebay,i got back my money,they asked me if i wanted to keep the manifold,and jokingly i told them "i would not give them $5 for it" and they said ok and sold it to me for $5,lol.i then sold it on ebay for $50,actaully made money off the deal,lol.