Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS

Whats goin on everyone? Im new to Honda-Tech, My Name is Sanel, I live in Up State New York, drive a 2000 Civic SI...

Well heres my plan, i own a electron blue 00 civic si. I bought the car stock and i am tryng to do some work to it, make it fast, and look good..as a daily driver. The car is in storage right now, i am tryng to come out in the summer and drop some jaws...fast, and good looking... MY GOAL IS TO BEAT GSR'S, AND EVERYHTING BELOW THEM. I hear it wont take much so i am here to see what you guys think...

So far i have...

AEM V2 INTAKE
SPOON SPORTS WIRES
DC SPORTS 4-2-1 CERAMIC COATED HEADER

Still Getting...

ITR TRANSMISSION
ITR CLUTCH/PRESSURE PLATE/FLYWHEEL
APEXI N1 EXHAUST SYSTEM
SKUNK2 PRO INTAKE MANIFOLD
SKUNK2 PRO 68MM THROTTLE BODY
AEM FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
AEM FUEL RAIL
AEM PULLEY KIT

Not too big of a list but im not looking for too much....some questions?

HOW MUCH POWER AT THE WHEELS?
WHAT KIND OF CAM'S AND CAM GEARS?
IF THERE IS ANY OTHER BOLT ONS THAT WILL HELP ALOT?

THANKS FOR READING!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (SI BOII)

ITR and SI gearing is the same. ITS has an LSD, Why dont you just get an LSD for the b-16 trans?

Supercharge the b-16. That would get the most bang for the buck...
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SI BOII &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
AEM V2 INTAKE
SPOON SPORTS WIRES
ITR TRANSMISSION
AEM FUEL RAIL
AEM PULLEY KIT
</TD></TR></TABLE>

all of that is a waste of money. as said before, your si tranny is the same as an itr with the exception of an lsd.

boost your b16. no real point in going na with it unless you want to dump lots of money.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:33 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SI BOII &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Still Getting...

ITR TRANSMISSION
APEXI N1 EXHAUST SYSTEM
AEM FUEL RAIL
AEM PULLEY KIT

THANKS FOR READING! </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd cross off the ITR tranny and I don't see a need for a pulley kit really.. The rest of those are bolt-ons, that's why I'm guessing you have them down. No need for internal work

But Like the rest of them said go FI, get a good tuner and boost low. You'll kill GSR's all day everyday.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (ViSioNxBoY)

Scratch that whole parts list. Save yourself lots of money.

Peice together a turbo kit and get a good tune. Add lsd. Done, rune 12lbs and you'll spank 90% of tuner cars on the road. (All in theory)
Old 02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i wanna thank you guys for responding and giving me advice...i like the turbo idea but its just not my style the way i drive and the money i wanna spend, turbo is not the way for me to go, the reason i am getting a lsd tranny is because my tranny case has a crack around the drain bolt, (so it will be up for sale soon), i really wanna go n/a becuase i wanna do all the work my self and not just throw a turbo on and be done...but i guess its not too late to change my mind..

well since all the bolt ons are a waste of money (i thought the same)...does any one else have a different set up for me? once again i am tryng to beat these gsr's...

thanks for responding once again...its nice to see i can get some good advice from pple on honda-tech
Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive also thought about getting some stage 2 crower cams...what do you guys think i also hear skunk2 is good and ITR is the way to go?? and do i have to tune with stage 2 cams?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Ek Forever y0!

bore it out to a 1.8 and add a supercharger.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (ek forever guy)

not bad...how bout a b18c5 block and call it a day??..also thought bout doing that one
Old 02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Ek Forever y0!

that would work too.

Adjust timing and cam and get a good tune. You'll be fine.

Oh yeah, a streetracing is weak.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (ek forever guy)

so go with the crower stage 2 cams?...and of corse i need hondata to tune right?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM

OK this is what i would do..Buy your ITR tranny. As for the clutch and flywheel, get a lightweight flywheel (take your pick 8lbs-12lbs) and some sort of good clutch besides a stock replacement,maybe act or competition clutch(check out the HT marketplace when you can, theres some great deals in there) Get a skunk2 Pro Intake manifold and send your TB to maxbore to get it bored to 64mm.68 is WAAAYY too big for your motor. Get a better header(like an edelbrock would probably work perfect for you.) Now..if you want to run some sort of sg2 cams youre gonna want a little higher compression, if you dont want to put new high compression pistons in it then you can always do it with the head. Get some flat faced valves and mill the head a bit to get your compression closer you 11.5:1. Check out Buddy Club3's or maybe some blox B's(sk2 stg2) or maybe even skunk2 pro1's. And you HAVE to upgrade to dual valve springs and maybe some Ti retainers. OH YEA..and if you want to gain any power from these mods, you HAVE to tune with something. Get an obd2-obd1 conversion harness and buy yourself a chipped p28 ecu.(p30 if you wanna keep the knock sensor) and find a good tuner in your area that can tune your setup.You can use Hondata if you like but there are other freewares such as Crome Pro. Just find a local tuner and ask them what they tune with, that will determine what you need.

The best advice i can offer to you is READ and SEARCH a lot before you jus blow your money on random parts that wont make your car any faster. Use the red search button up top. There has been thousands of b16 builds many making over 200whp. And if you just want to build a b16 to beat gsr's...its wont be that hard..Like many people said, your best bet is to supercharge or turbo charge.but hey..its your money.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (RedEj8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedEj8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your best bet is to supercharge or turbo charge.but hey..its your money.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well first of all welcome bro...you have a long way to go but from the list i see its going to be a good outcome...um...first of all just my opinion bro, you own a EM1 which is a 99-00 civic si coupe. Now its in storage which is good but you have to think about when its out of storage? how are you going to protect her and keep her safe from theives? this is your main concern right now bro. The Si is basically second to her sister the integra which is the #1 most stolen car of all time haha. I would recommend a DEI alarm installed the right way with good features, club, auto lock, and etc. some people may see this this post and agree and disagree but its up to you bro. My little bro just got his 99 EBP si 2 months ago. It was kept inside the gates of my house for 1 month...first 2 weeks my little bro started parking on our drive way and sidewalk it was hit by theives...thankfully he had a DEI alarm and that saved his ***...just my opinion on what you should do bro...
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (bmoua)

DEI....

What does the D stand for?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

nitrous

but plain and simple, boost IS better

my car barely dipped into the 14's with i/h/e no ps/ac and type r cams.

now that im boosted im shooting for 12's
Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DEI....

What does the D stand for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Directed Electronics Inc
Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: (bmoua)

with that set up you may be able to be a completly stock GSR. but if the GSR have any bolt ons..or cams cam gears you are fucked...you have one advantage your car is lighter than a bubble light integra94-01
Old 02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lscivic1999)

yeah not alot of pple around here have anyhting on their gsr's but a intake exhaust and header...and im really tryng to get some cams and tuning becuase i kno that will help alot but i have no clue what kind of cams to get...ctr...intake only/ crower stage 1/ or skunk2 stage 1??
Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: (SI BOII)

YOU CAN USE STAGE 1 IT WILL BE NICE FOR A STOCK REV...USING A STAGE 2 OR 3 CAMS YOU MAY HAVE TO CHIP YOUR ECU TO SHIFT HIGHER GET MORE POWER OUT OF IT..MAYBE AN 8800RPM
B16 HAVE A LOT POTENTIAL MAN.. AM DRIVING A B16 IN MY 99 CIVIC COUPE IT FEELS PRETTY GOOD BUT AM DOING AND LS VTEC LATER ON...THATS A MONSTER..AM USING SKUNK 2 CAMS WITH VALVE TRAIN AND RETAINER AEM CAM GEARS ,SAME P30 PISTON AND STAGE 3 CLUTCH WITH 8 LBS FLY WHEEL...THEN I/H/E THEN TUNE IT..I WANT TO GET MORE 200WHP ALL MOTOR ACTUALLY I WANT 220WHP THATS ENOUGH 4 ME
Old 02-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lscivic1999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lscivic1999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU CAN USE STAGE 1 IT WILL BE NICE FOR A STOCK REV...USING A STAGE 2 OR 3 CAMS YOU MAY HAVE TO CHIP YOUR ECU TO SHIFT HIGHER GET MORE POWER OUT OF IT..MAYBE AN 8800RPM
B16 HAVE A LOT POTENTIAL MAN.. AM DRIVING A B16 IN MY 99 CIVIC COUPE IT FEELS PRETTY GOOD BUT AM DOING AND LS VTEC LATER ON...THATS A MONSTER..AM USING SKUNK 2 CAMS WITH VALVE TRAIN AND RETAINER AEM CAM GEARS ,SAME P30 PISTON AND STAGE 3 CLUTCH WITH 8 LBS FLY WHEEL...THEN I/H/E THEN TUNE IT..I WANT TO GET MORE 200WHP ALL MOTOR ACTUALLY I WANT 220WHP THATS ENOUGH 4 ME </TD></TR></TABLE>

then buy a stock k20 or euro h22...lol
Old 02-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SI BOII &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats goin on everyone? Im new to Honda-Tech, My Name is Sanel, I live in Up State New York, drive a 2000 Civic SI...

Well heres my plan, i own a electron blue 00 civic si. I bought the car stock and i am tryng to do some work to it, make it fast, and look good..as a daily driver. The car is in storage right now, i am tryng to come out in the summer and drop some jaws...fast, and good looking... MY GOAL IS TO BEAT GSR'S, AND EVERYHTING BELOW THEM. I hear it wont take much so i am here to see what you guys think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

In order to beat GSR's, first you have to make sure your **** doesn't get stolen. Spend a good chunk of change on security.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So far i have...

AEM V2 INTAKE
SPOON SPORTS WIRES
DC SPORTS 4-2-1 CERAMIC COATED HEADER</TD></TR></TABLE>

Woot. That's a nice way to spend $500 and gain 5hp. Next.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Still Getting...

<FONT COLOR="red">ITR TRANSMISSION
APEXI N1 EXHAUST SYSTEM
AEM FUEL RAIL
AEM PULLEY KIT</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

I highlighted in red the items that you should avoid.

Instead of an ITR transmission and clutch, leave your stock **** alone because it's the same.

Instead of the super-obnoxious riceriffic N1, leave your stock **** alone because it's going to be fine for the power you want to make and it'll stay quiet.

Instead of the Skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body, leave your stock **** alone because a bigger TB and IM will only shift the tiny amount of power your engine makes higher into the rev band. That's not a good deal.

Instead of the FPR, fuel rail and pulleys, leave your stock **** alone because none of those things adds any power. Pulleys have the added benefit of destroying your accessories twice as fast because of abnormal bearing load.

There. Look at all the money you're saving already!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not too big of a list but im not looking for too much....some questions?

HOW MUCH POWER AT THE WHEELS?
WHAT KIND OF CAM'S AND CAM GEARS?
IF THERE IS ANY OTHER BOLT ONS THAT WILL HELP ALOT?

THANKS FOR READING! </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want to beat GSR's, the only bolt-on you need is a GSR block. Your head and transmission are already superior, so get the extra 12.5% displacement and do it up all day. If you still can't win, you suck at driving, but that's nothing a cheap 55-shot of nitrous can't cure.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:05 PM
she's cheating on you

Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (Archidictus)

I lol'd
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS (ghettoSi)

im not tryng to get 220hp..i jsut need soemthing a little faster then a gsr. im looking for like 170whp...i kno it will be hard to get with my set up, but i trust synapse autosports and that is who is tuning my car...hopefully they will get the most power out.

Modified by SI BOII at 9:06 AM 2/11/2007
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 AM

i dont think with 170 whp you will be able to take a bolt ons GSR...but like i say your frame is lighter than integras 94 -01 with that tuning and some good driving you should be able to do something yo..

Quick Reply: OO CIVIC SI QUESTIONS