Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$

I already had a nice suspension set up, but needed to complete it. I got an energy suspension hyperflex polyurethane bushing kit, and megan racing aluminum control arms. I got the arms because they save you about 5 pounds and are less than $100. Well when the shop was installing the kit the sayed they were having a hard time pushing out the rubber bushings on the megan racing arms, and they didnt want to **** the arms up. I called megan racing and asked what the deal was. They said they cannot be removed! Ok... So what happens when the bushings go bad? New arms? Lame. Should have done my research better beforehand. So if you want poly bushings and aluminum control arms, megan racing thumbs down.

kyb agx struts
h&r race springs
skunk2 front camber kit
ingalls rear camber kit
energy suspension bushings
front and rear sway bars
front and rear strut bars
rear lower tie bar
Old 12-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (bootlegtrader)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bootlegtrader &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Should have done my research better beforehand. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Bingo... sounds like the problem is yours, not theirs. Had you done your research, or even looked at the arms beforehand you would have recognized that the bushing is a non-stock size and even if you had gotten them out, your replacements wouldn't have fit anyway.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (JeffS)

I suggest D2 for LCAs. I have them on my car and they have hex-stud bound bushings that look like they'd be very easy to take out if the need arose. However, I think the ones I bought came with poly bushings in them. They were only $120 and they have served me very well.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$ (bootlegtrader)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bootlegtrader &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> They said they cannot be removed! Ok... So what happens when the bushings go bad? New arms? Lame.front and rear strut bars
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah lame, but just like the stock Honda ones which you can't get replacement stock bushings for either, you have to buy new arms only they are $150 a pair instead of $90. So Honda even out-cheezed Megan on this one.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$ (klungemonger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by klungemonger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
but just like the stock Honda ones which you can't get replacement stock bushings for either, you have to buy new arms only they are $150 a pair instead of $90. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Since when? Honda/Acura do sell replacement bushings. Thanks for the misinformation though.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Default Re: one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$ (klungemonger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by klungemonger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah lame, but just like the stock Honda ones which you can't get replacement stock bushings for either, you have to buy new arms only they are $150 a pair instead of $90. So Honda even out-cheezed Megan on this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just cause you can't remove them yourself without a press doesn't mean they can't be changed....
Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (Archidictus)

Do you have a link on the d2 arms? I would like to look at them. thanks
Old 12-02-2004, 11:52 AM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (95cxh22a)

only 150 a pair for honda lca??? My bushings are bad and i was looking on hondaautomotiveparts.com and it said 200 a piece for the front lca, i am going to take a trip to honda today
Old 12-02-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (lshatch318)

I would recomend pressing the bushings out of yours. i did mine and put energy suspension bushings all over ther car. pretty easy to press out.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (lshatch318)

well my local dealer wanted like $300 for one LCA so for even two hundred that is a good deal. honda does sell the replacement bushings for like $30 a piece. my car needs new ones because it rattels over every bump.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:01 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (civiccpedx)

i researched Megan LCAs to death on HT when i found out about them and decided against them due to the reviews i read on here. research is key!!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I suggest D2 for LCAs. I have them on my car and they have hex-stud bound bushings that look like they'd be very easy to take out if the need arose. However, I think the ones I bought came with poly bushings in them. They were only $120 and they have served me very well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got the d2's and they are really nice, i get a lot of compliments on them too

And BTW stock honda bushings can be replaced, and they do sell them. Thanks for your misinformation
Old 12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$ (JeffS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Since when? Honda/Acura do sell replacement bushings. Thanks for the misinformation though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Before you go around calling BS, you ought to RESEARCH, like I did when I needed control arm bushings for my 6th gen Civic. If you read my wording carefully I specifically stated "stock" bushings from Honda. For 96-00, you can buy the center one but NOT the outer/inner ones (pardon me for not mentioning that minor detail). If you want to buy a poly kit and press them all out, fine, all I'm saying is you won't get stock outers bushings for a 96-00 to put back in, I called many parts stores and many dealers, also searched online. Part isn't listed in the service diagrams either.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

So right back at ya.

Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiccpedx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well my local dealer wanted like $300 for one LCA so for even two hundred that is a good deal. honda does sell the replacement bushings for like $30 a piece. my car needs new ones because it rattels over every bump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when i put on my coilovers i had to replace my rear lca's and they cost me 74$ a piece (honda OEM)
Old 12-02-2004, 01:19 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (TurboTagTeam)

I specifically stated "stock" bushings from Honda. For 96-00, you can buy the center one but NOT the outer/inner ones (pardon me for not mentioning that minor detail). Part isn't listed in the service diagrams either.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

So right back at ya.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

By Joe, I believe he's right...
(I think you linked the wrong pic in your last post, it's an ecu pinout diagram)

Old 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (95cxh22a)

I would strongly recommend not removing them with a press...or you will be working them for awhile. Like me..before I got a press...took me 4+ hours to remove them.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (Enjokosai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Enjokosai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow you are such a suspension stunner why dont you just press out the megan ones (you can) and mill custom bushings from delrin like a real race shop? you ******* loser noobs with no talent. You need everything spoon fed to you? Use some engineering and your brain and you can do anything. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you've never even posted your own thread.... wtf are you doing flaming?

Did some research and all this guy seems to do is flame... might as well be a troll.

Modified by EG2 SiR at 3:42 PM 12/2/2004
Old 12-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (sportinemotions)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sportinemotions &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got the d2's and they are really nice, i get a lot of compliments on them too </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, girls always ask me what the "purple things" are under my car . That's what you call a female icebreaker. Then you tell them they're horniness indicators and the brighter pinkish/purple they are the more willing the observer is. That gets a giggle or two
Old 12-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiccpedx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well my local dealer wanted like $300 for one LCA so for even two hundred that is a good deal. honda does sell the replacement bushings for like $30 a piece. my car needs new ones because it rattels over every bump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the topic is on rear lca's

i seen some d2's. they are pretty hotness. i would get them if i wasnt too lazy to put them on.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, girls always ask me what the "purple things" are under my car . That's what you call a female icebreaker. Then you tell them they're horniness indicators and the brighter pinkish/purple they are the more willing the observer is. That gets a giggle or two </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's the most idiotic thing I've read all day . . . . do you hang out in the high school parking lot?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (nonsense)

hey! I use it ALL the time, and it works!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (mercuryfrost)

you just tell them to bend over and get a better look at them, make sure they have skirts hehehe
Old 12-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (nonsense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's the most idiotic thing I've read all day . . . . do you hang out in the high school parking lot? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would I do that? Your mother never goes there anymore.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: one reason uninformed buyers suck (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

By Joe, I believe he's right...
(I think you linked the wrong pic in your last post, it's an ecu pinout diagram)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, I was posting in a couple threads, must have pasted the wrong link! Yup, that's what I'm talking about right there! I don't assert things as fact unless I've done my best to look it up. And if proven wrong, I retract my statement.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, girls always ask me what the "purple things" are under my car . That's what you call a female icebreaker. Then you tell them they're horniness indicators and the brighter pinkish/purple they are the more willing the observer is. That gets a giggle or two </TD></TR></TABLE>

They always thought i was gay... I'm gonna have to start sportin that line

Quick Reply: one reason megan racing control arms... suck save your $$$