Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

which one is better supra , 350 z

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one is better supra , 350 z

so im in the market for a new car and i dont know wether to get a 98 toyota supra or a 06 nissan 350z, im not selling my civic but i kinda wnat to step it up a bit, what do you guys think, i like the supra cuz of the tt's but the 350 is also a nice car too, just wanted to know what you guys thought.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: which one is better supra , 350 z (ferio82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ferio82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just wanted to know what you guys thought. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Not to be a dick but...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/
http://www.350zmotoring.com/

Or...

YOU could decide on what car YOU actually want and not use the general consensus to tell you what you like. Get what you want, and if you can't decide what you want then dont get anything at all. Period.

Sorry, I'm kind of a dick...
Old 09-11-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: which one is better supra , 350 z (Froth)

well im glad you at least realize ur a dick, by humoring ur response i kinda feel like ive lost a few brain cells but i can cope. The reason i ask is not to let the people decide for but to get a better idea as to why one car would be better than the other, maybe some people would know something i yet dont, or maybe some personal experiences with the cars. I understand a person with a singletrack mind like you would have a hard time with this though, thats understandable because i know not everyone in the world has the same mental capabilities, but thank you for your input, for everyone else your feedback on my current topic would be appreciated, thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your "big words" are overshadowed by your immense lack of proper spelling/grammar.

Personally, being a mechanic I've worked on an driven both the Supra 2JZ-GTE and the 350Z VQ35DE however since you seem to think my mental capabilities are hindered you can get your information elsewhere.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ferio82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe some people would know something i yet dont</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet you'd find a ton of those people on an owners board for that specific type of car, Hey look at that. Links in the second post on this thread!? OH MY!

I was trying to help you, it's awfully nice of you to ignore that and randomly keep wanting to entertain posts for a topic THAT'S IN THE WRONG PLACE.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

this forum has gone to ****
Old 09-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thread on honda-tech.......should i get a supra or 350z........you know autotrader has a thing where you can do side by side comparisons... <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Froth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not to be a dick but...</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.autotrader.com

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Froth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sorry, I'm kind of a dick...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh, and i agree with bense someone put the lockdown on this thread...
Old 09-11-2006, 05:22 PM

wow, if those were BIG WORDs words...... i guess LOL, neways darling, thanks for the input, if you dont like the post dont reply, i dont want you to get your panties in a bunch.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...I was actually going to try and formulate a response to that but Bense already beat me to the better response.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this forum has gone to ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this forum has gone to ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well are you talking a regular supra or a 2JZ TT motor?

If you're lookin for the 2JZ TT you're going to spend $$$...even for a regular supra (non-T? or 1-T I think? Forgot which but one of the base model doesn't have a TT motor) you're spending some cash. The 350Z has a 3.5L V6 - it's got good all around power and more displacement opposed to the Supra. All motor vs motor it'd be a close race regardless of how you split it, though I think the 350 would come out on top. I, personally would go with the Supra because it's a smaller engine and aesthetically I like it more. Though keep in mind it IS a setup that runs completely based on a twin turbo setup, so when you're red-lining it and one turbo's feeding the other and you're pushing god knows how many lbs of boost, you are *** ******* that motor, regardless of how the tune is (of course it IS stock tuned to handle it...but think about it logically for a second). I would go Supra because I have my own facinations and infactuations with them.

Regardless, I do believe this is the wrong place for you to be posting this. I'm sure people wouldn't want me to post "which should I buy, a Sylvia or Skyline" - Maybe in the general discussion/debate forum would be more appropriate.